Where can I get good quality horse meat? Page 2

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• kinky_mong 16 Jan 2013 10:57:59 10,151 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    MetalDog wrote:
    If you can't afford identifiable meat you're better off going vegetarian, that's for sure.
    But then I'd be a scrawny gimp rather than the hunk'o'man I am today!
    And your farts would be absolutely toxic.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• LeoliansBro 16 Jan 2013 11:01:56 43,825 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's next to fuck all of any kind of meat in cheap burgers, anyway. It's all biscuit, salt and minimum wage pubes.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deckard1 16 Jan 2013 11:03:51 27,770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    46% chlamydia

Hush you ponce

• localnotail 16 Jan 2013 11:07:41 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I
    MetalDog wrote:
    I'm a bit puzzled by the suspiciously swift and repeated messaged 'there's no danger to health' being touted about over this.

You've got meat that no-one has yet identified the base source of. They have no idea if any of the animals involved were diseased and would only have been able to test a tiny fraction of the meat that's doubtless been kicking around unidentified for a while - I don't see how they can rule out a danger to health.
    Could it be that the factories also make cat and dog food, so there may have been mingling?

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 16 January 2013 11:10:08
    Shergar's bum is an anagram of hamburgers.
  • MetalDog 16 Jan 2013 11:12:01 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    At least one of them said they didn't process horse meat at all, so not in their case. The suspicion seems to be extra meat bought in to be mixed with what they were processing, so it's mystery meat, yay!

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• the_dudefather 16 Jan 2013 11:13:54 9,288 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I figured out how this happened

[youtube] e2y7on8WKjY[/youtube]

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Deckard1 16 Jan 2013 11:17:22 27,770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I
    MetalDog wrote:
    I'm a bit puzzled by the suspiciously swift and repeated messaged 'there's no danger to health' being touted about over this.

You've got meat that no-one has yet identified the base source of. They have no idea if any of the animals involved were diseased and would only have been able to test a tiny fraction of the meat that's doubtless been kicking around unidentified for a while - I don't see how they can rule out a danger to health.
    Could it be that the factories also make cat and dog food, so there may have been mingling?
    Think of the type of woman work in hamburger factories. Perverts mostly I suspect. Now is it out of the realms of possibility that the type of woman who work in hamburger factories sneak into to fields late at night to suck horses cock. No it is not. In fact I think we can say with some amount of certainty that the do. All of them. Now these woman don't brush there teeth or wash, and most of them no doubt have AIDS so they're going to be coughing alot when they're at work. So it seems pretty obvious to me that these woman are coughing up horse smegma and ball hair into the meat bins. Case closed. Congratulations if you made it to the end.

Hush you ponce

• graysonavich 16 Jan 2013 11:21:50 7,320 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's like peej never left!
  • MetalDog 16 Jan 2013 11:23:59 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't think peej ever displayed quite such overt fear of women.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• CosmicFuzz 16 Jan 2013 11:25:01 23,897 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I went to the fridge this morning to check on my Tesco burgers AND THEY'RE OFF!
    Simply wonderful.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• CosmicFuzz 16 Jan 2013 11:26:03 23,897 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know why deckard is getting worried, he eats dog all the time for gods sake.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• Deckard1 16 Jan 2013 11:26:50 27,770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    I don't think peej ever displayed quite such overt fear of women.
    Look at them! They have horns!

Hush you ponce

• nickthegun 16 Jan 2013 11:27:30 59,525 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BOOM!

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• elstoof 16 Jan 2013 12:09:26 7,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm amazed there's as much as 29% meat of any kind in these things.
  • Rusty_M 16 Jan 2013 12:26:05 4,654 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I bought a horse burger in France once. It was great. It came topped with a fried egg :)

I don't see why we don't eat it here.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deckard1 16 Jan 2013 12:34:36 27,770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Because people like horses and keep them as pets. Kind of the reason why people don't eat cats and dogs.

Hush you ponce

• Rusty_M 16 Jan 2013 12:36:56 4,654 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well I think cows and pigs and lambs and chickens and ducks are really cute. Doesn't stop me eating them.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deckard1 16 Jan 2013 12:38:10 27,770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good for you.

Hush you ponce

• RyanDS 16 Jan 2013 12:39:20 9,268 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Because people like horses and keep them as pets. Kind of the reason why people don't eat cats and dogs.
    Horses are herbivores and taste nice. Generally the further you get up the food chain the worse things taste and the less nutrition from the meat, hence we don't eat predators such as cats or dogs.
  • Chopsen 16 Jan 2013 12:41:26 15,885 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But I thought humans taste like chicken, and chicken tastes nice. So there goes your theory.
  • kalel 16 Jan 2013 12:41:45 87,120 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The real reason why we eat some animals more than others (other than taste which is a huge factor) is how easily and expensively these things are farmed.

Horses are quite a high maintenance and expensive animal to rear and breed, and aren't really worth the effort for the meat, especially as they have far greater use as work animals and such.
  • elstoof 16 Jan 2013 12:43:34 7,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice bit of alligator steak goes down a treat.
  • RyanDS 16 Jan 2013 12:44:48 9,268 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    But I thought humans taste like chicken, and chicken tastes nice. So there goes your theory.
    It's not a theory, it is a simple fact. Humans (along with pigs and to an extent dogs) are omnivorous, which is why the flavour and benefits of eating their flesh are better than something like a Cheetah.

Edit: To clarigy I am not talking about the cultural reasons for eating certain things, but more the favaour / benefit order of why some things are eaten.

Edited by RyanDS at 12:45:45 16-01-2013
  • kinky_mong 16 Jan 2013 12:45:57 10,151 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Better just to turn them into glue at the end as well.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• elstoof 16 Jan 2013 12:46:52 7,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shark does for a lovely dinner too.
  • Fab4 16 Jan 2013 12:47:48 6,018 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Reports coming in that veggie-burgers have found traces of UniQuorn in them :D

(Joke I saw on The Telegraph website.)
  • EMarkM 16 Jan 2013 12:49:04 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Horse meat was a staple food in the UK during the Second World War, I heard somewhere.

Also seem to remember that not everyone knew they were eating it, however.
  • elstoof 16 Jan 2013 12:49:20 7,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lobsters are pretty predatory, tastes bangin' though.
  • Deckard1 16 Jan 2013 12:51:02 27,770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    The real reason why we eat some animals more than others (other than taste which is a huge factor) is how easily and expensively these things are farmed.

Horses are quite a high maintenance and expensive animal to rear and breed, and aren't really worth the effort for the meat, especially as they have far greater use as work animals and such.
    Are they really that more expensive than cows to keep? Yes riding horses will be but your common pikey horse I wouldn't have thought so.

Man has always had a "special" relationship with horses, much the same way they have with dogs - thats got to play some part in why a lot of people are repulsed by thought of eating them.

Yes yes I fuck animals.

Hush you ponce

• Page

of 6 First / Last