'Haze' online multiplayer servers pulled, please sign our petition!

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 21:19:22 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, I know that Haze was panned by the critics for it's glitches, it's awful AI, and most of all it's crap dialogue, but that's the campaign mode over with.

I have enjoyed playing the Haze online multiplayer for years, and made many friends playing it, and the Haze community is great.
    This was all fine and dandy until mid October of last year when we started seeing this message whenever we tried to access the online play: 'Connection to Demonware failed. Please try again later.'

So we fiddled with our routers, checked our connections, opened ports, put our PS3's into DMZ's, all that stuff. Nothing changed.

I, meanwhile, tried to contact Demonware, and after long searches (they don't have a support section on their webpage as they have been acquired by Activision) I got hold of a phone number and rang them.

Demonware were sympathetic but explained that they had no information about the servers and that I would have to contact Activision as they had bought Demonware and they were now responsible for the servers.
    I had already tried Activision, again with no luck, they have a support section but nowhere to ask a question, just FAQs, and no links to 'Haze' because Haze is not an Activision game, its Ubisoft's.

Anyway, here I entered into a long email dialogue with Ubisoft, who finally stated that they had: ''...discontinued server support for Haze well over a year ago, if the game has been up and running til recently we were not responsible.''
    Now I was not at all impressed that Ubisoft, or any company, would just withdraw online support for a game without any notice, don't forget we were still getting the 'please try again later' screen with no explanations at all, and some of us had recently bought expansion packs for the game from the Playstation Store, the map packs are still available to buy, as is the game itself.

Ubisoft won't say if they'll ever reinstate server support, they flatly refused to give us a definite 'yes' or 'no'.

I've been trying to get Ubisoft to reinstate the servers, along with these guys on the HAZE facebook page https://www.facebook.com/hazegame and on my own facebook ID (Johro Haze, I hate facebook, but send a friend request if you want to help out and get the info)

The long and the short of it is, we would like any help we can get, (consider that in time it could be your favourite game that's for the chop, Ubisoft do Assassins Creed, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Call of Juarez etc.)

and we have just created a petition, here's the link:
    http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ubisoft-reinstate-the-servers-for-haze?

Please sign it, share it and help us out, we'd really appreciate it.

Edited by Johro66 at 23:01:16 15-01-2013
  • merchantile 15 Jan 2013 21:20:10 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    boosh! in the nuts.
  • Deleted user 15 January 2013 21:21:04
    Somehow I doubt Ubi want to throw more money at something that was a critical and commercial failure for the benefit of a handful of people.
  • atomicjuicer 15 Jan 2013 21:23:38 305 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This is why modern multiplayer on consoles was a step in the wrong direction.

Users should be allowed to setup their own servers when publishers have had enough.
  • orpheus 15 Jan 2013 21:24:23 1,000 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Johro66 wrote: mid October of this year
    Faaaahk! Time travelers! To the tinfoil cabinet, quickly!

Edited by orpheus at 21:24:41 15-01-2013
  • Kostabi 15 Jan 2013 21:26:48 4,907 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't one of the Haze devs/writers post here once upon a time, or am I imagining that?

Anyway, the game came out in 2008 so it's probably time to move on. To be honest I'm amazed that it's taken this long for Ubisoft to drag the corpse into a ditch and drive off.
  • Deleted user 15 January 2013 21:28:47
    Yeah, nekotcha. But he's long since gone.
  • Humperfunk 15 Jan 2013 21:29:43 2,125 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll sign it, and then I'll hug some snakes. Yes, I will hug and kiss some poisonous snakes.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• heyyo 15 Jan 2013 21:33:05 14,373 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • caligari 15 Jan 2013 22:35:34 17,024 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Holy shit, guys - I think this might be the start of an 'epidemic'.

I just tried my 360 version of Fifa 07 and that also refuses to let me play online.

I couldn't afford to start up an online petition, so please can you sign this massive 'Get Well Soon' card for me?

I'm going to hand-deliver it to Roger EA.

Edited by caligari at 22:36:15 15-01-2013
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 22:42:48 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @orpheus Lol. Yeah okay. Last year. I blame the drugs.
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 22:43:57 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @merchantile Aww fuck not 'boosh'. That was the worst thing about it.
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 22:44:58 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @atomicjuicer YEAH!!!!!
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 22:46:31 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Humperfunk Make sure to sign it first. Then do what ya like. Do whatever turns ya on.
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 22:47:16 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @heyyo Profound..
  • jonsaan 15 Jan 2013 22:49:44 25,342 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Petitions always work. The servers will be back up in no time.

For what it's worth, I though Haze was ok. Good split screen co-op.

Seemed to be one of those games that whilst no better or worse than an awful lot of other games was singled out for meciless critical panning.

FCUTA!

• Johro66 15 Jan 2013 22:53:15 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @meme Point taken, but that doesn't mean we should just accept it, remember we got no notice of the impending cut to the server whatsoever, if you try play the game now it still says 'connection to Demonware failed, please try again later' and if anything, it's unfair to Demonware too as a lot of people blame them while Ubisoft say nothing.
    Also, it doesn't mean we can't piss them off.
  • Triggerhappytel 15 Jan 2013 22:57:24 2,695 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:

Seemed to be one of those games that whilst no better or worse than an awful lot of other games was singled out for meciless critical panning.
    I agree with this. I thought it was decent enough; certainly had some very low points, but was solid overall. It has been a few years since I played it, but all I remember being really bad was the dialogue and storytelling. It still has the best drop-in drop-out coop of any PS3 game I've played too.

Good luck with your petition but I doubt it will work.
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 22:58:51 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @jonsaan Lol. Well signing it costs nothing. Nobody dies.
    The Haze campaign is shit. The multiplayer is pretty good still and I never had any problems getting a game, lots of matches available. It's easy to read some reviews and jump on a critical bandwagon, lots of people like to play it and that's just how it is.
    Whatever anyone thinks of the game, it doesn't take much effort to just sign your name, even if it's only in solidarity with other gamers, you don't have to like the game to not be an ass. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Johro66 at 22:59:28 15-01-2013
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 23:06:18 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Kostabi Hmmm... Unreal Tournament 3 is still going strong, another 2008 release. That's not the issue. It's the principle of the thing, having online support for your game pulled without any notice whatsoever, and then refusing to say whether you will ever reinstate server support, which just leaves it up in the air. Combined with the fact that Ubi's response to everything has just been 'we have no information blah blah blah...'
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 23:12:10 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel Thanks, appreciate it, and you pointed out what is good about the coop. It made it very easy to create a custom game to invite your friends too. The coop is the best thing about Haze, and we paid for it. Nobody bothers with the campaign of any fps once they completed it, yes you might do it on harder difficulty but ultimately, the lasting appeal is with the online coop.
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 23:15:14 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel I agree the dialogue was the worst ever, real dumb grunt stuff. Fratboy yells. But again, I only like it for the online play.
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 23:17:16 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @caligari Or you could suck it up and sign the damn thing just to be nice.
  • DaM 15 Jan 2013 23:41:38 12,991 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Johro66 wrote:
    Are you going to sign his card?
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 23:51:25 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DaM Why the hell not. I like everyone to be well. Lol. Even EA...
  • Johro66 15 Jan 2013 23:54:21 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    jonsaan wrote:

I agree with this. I thought it was decent enough; certainly had some very low points, but was solid overall. It has been a few years since I played it, but all I remember being really bad was the dialogue and storytelling. It still has the best drop-in drop-out coop of any PS3 game I've played too.

Good luck with your petition but I doubt it will work.
    Thanks.
  • caligari 16 Jan 2013 00:13:04 17,024 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Johro66 wrote:
    I've signed your petition, you damned dirty ape.
  • Johro66 16 Jan 2013 00:55:06 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    Johro66 wrote:
    I've signed your petition, you damned dirty ape.
    Lol, good to see, thanks man.
  • Johro66 16 Jan 2013 00:56:50 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Graveland Exactly, you'd think they could at least release the code so we could go and look for server support elsewhere.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous