Terraria Page 3

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• DuvaDan88 15 Apr 2013 10:11:03 539 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When I went up against him I used poisoned knives, flaming arrows, shuriken and golden sword 3 of those 4 items have a chance of been able to collect again once used.

I built and arena for him as well and found that having a flat area was best with two dirt towers 20-30 blocks apart with torches on made it bright enough to see where he was the whole time but I cant stress enough I would never have beat him if I didn't have the buffs of the potions first.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• L_Franko Moderator 15 Apr 2013 13:09:24 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I'll make some defense buff potions before I take him on next.
  • DuvaDan88 15 Apr 2013 13:40:53 539 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Get to get attack and speed buff as well they work a treat

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• ubergine 16 Apr 2013 07:48:03 2,322 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Okay, I caved and bought this terrible game.

For some reason it won't let me place a clay pot anywhere. Does this work for anyone else? The wiki says you should just be able to put them in any location. I've tried indoors, outdoors, on tables, on dirt, in dirt. Doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• RobAnybody 16 Apr 2013 09:29:12 890 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Here ya go:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/clay-pots-not-being-placed-on-command.96842/
  • ubergine 16 Apr 2013 12:11:00 2,322 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @RobAnybody Cheers fella. So for now we can only place pots on wooden platforms and no other surface.

• DuvaDan88 19 Apr 2013 21:28:36 539 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only one more boss to go and I will get the hard mode unlocked. After going for a wee explore in the dungeon boy was I luck to get out alive had all the best weapons and amour I could get but still struggled once I was down there.

I finally found a ruby! only one mind but that was enough to be able to create the slim crown I needed to summon the slim king to get my ninja suit, well one part of it, just need to find more ruby's. I've got tons of everything else just no god damn ruby's!!

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• neilqpr 20 Apr 2013 14:15:10 2,844 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I prefer this to Minecraft. There, I said it.
  • L_Franko Moderator 20 Apr 2013 14:23:41 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm in two minds as I really enjoy them both but thinking about it I've put more time into Terraria. Wouldn't be without either of them though.
  • neilqpr 21 Apr 2013 20:55:35 2,844 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I beat the first two bosses, mostly due to being in simps more advance world on Friday night and obtaining the rocket boots and dragon sythe much earlier than I should have. Now I need to go and face that bastard skelotron.
  • agparrot 21 Apr 2013 22:03:52 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @neilqpr

You *say* that you got them earlier than you would have done, but really you still had to survive the lower regions with the armour and weapons you brought in, for the most part, and the Scythe was only of limited use until you/we had collected up a bunch of fallen stars.

Having said that, the ability to take characters between worlds, maintaining their learned recipes and their held inventories is pretty bloody brilliant, and it means I can have several worlds on the go for plundering materials, even if one of the worlds is more the one that has more 'homes' to accomodate NPCs. I can use others for perhaps stashing the bulk of my cash in a world that I don't share with others, or being able to dig around for stuff like shadow orbs in other landscapes when my own runs out of them.

It's a great game that rewards exploration with new stuff.

I've noticed a few times on the 360 version though, that *crafting* things doesn't always seem to pop up the new recipes for things. A couple of times I've fashioned things from the ores I've collected - maybe just by making 'bars' out of them, but the new stuff I can make with the bars hasn't shown up until I've dropped, and picked up again the bars themselves which is a bit odd.

Also, if you go to the shops to buy things like glowsticks, or other consumables later on like musket balls, on the 360 version it just says 'Press A to buy', but you have to hold down RT to get multiples, otherwise it's a tedious show of having to buy one at at time. RT is never hinted at in screen prompts or anything. Feel like I might have mentioned that previously, but can't be arsed to check.
  • ubergine 22 Apr 2013 07:02:59 2,322 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's a number of crafting recipes that will not show up unless you change the viewing mode in the crafting menu (with the blue x button) - its a bug. Combining boots needed it, and the space gun recipe needed it (that I've noticed so far.)

• L_Franko Moderator 22 Apr 2013 10:13:07 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After a small break from this I got back on over the weekend and killed the Eye. I then explored the corrupt area of the map and destroyed my first shadow orb, which was nice up until the point a Goblin Army invaded me. I lost loads of gold coins thanks to that, I was starting to get a bit cheesed off with it thinking there was no end to the madness so went a bit bomb happy and just blew the shit out of them as well as the landscape.

I still haven't reached the bottom of the map yet so I might think about mining deeper on my next seeion and see what I can find. Then I'll go Shadow orb hunting and see if I can't take down another boss.
  • DuvaDan88 22 Apr 2013 10:25:00 539 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I tried in vein with defeating the wall of flesh last night 5 attempts and 5 painful deaths. I've got the best armour I can have now so I think I just need to get a better gun as I found a lovely new powerful sword in the dungeon. I want this hard mode to unlock now to see some new things.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• crashVoodoo 22 Apr 2013 10:33:04 3,869 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Picked this up last night and 3 hours disappeared quite quickly even though i haven't really done anything.

I flattened some land, cleared some trees like the tutorial explained and then built a house.  I then dug a hole and found and underground cave filled with water which flooded out.

It didn't grab me much but now I'm at work and all I want to do is go home and play it ...

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• agparrot 22 Apr 2013 10:38:32 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I lost loads of gold coins thanks to that, I was starting to get a bit cheesed off with it
    I stash my gold coins in a chest each time I come back up to empty my inventory from an extended mining session.

There are a couple of handy bits and pieces I could probably give to you - will try and join your world or badger you for an invite if I see you on.

I've killed three different sorts of bosses now, accidentally triggered the - late Normal game spoiler here -> wall of flesh which I am nowhere NEAR being able to kill, and am still happily just bumbling about at times doing a bit of terraforming, and wondering how my housing project turned out to be such a disorganised mess.
  • DuvaDan88 22 Apr 2013 10:58:53 539 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm the same I have a overflow of life crystals (20+) and those stars that give you manna if anyone wants them you can have them. I all ways leave money back at my house since I made the mistake of walking around with 50 gold and then losing it down in hell thanks to some larva...

Has anyone had any luck finding any pets? I've only found the pet slime and the only NCPs I need now are in the hard mode.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• L_Franko Moderator 22 Apr 2013 11:11:33 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    I lost loads of gold coins thanks to that, I was starting to get a bit cheesed off with it
    I stash my gold coins in a chest each time I come back up to empty my inventory from an extended mining session.

There are a couple of handy bits and pieces I could probably give to you - will try and join your world or badger you for an invite if I see you on.

I've killed three different sorts of bosses now, accidentally triggered the - late Normal game spoiler here -> wall of flesh which I am nowhere NEAR being able to kill, and am still happily just bumbling about at times doing a bit of terraforming, and wondering how my housing project turned out to be such a disorganised mess.
    I do want to get some co-op on the go in this game at some point. Hoping to have Thursday and Friday off work this week all going well.

I have put some of my cash in chests but when this invasion happended I was on my way back from the other side of the map and got the crap kicked out of me rather quickly. Those mage Goblins can be a serious pain.
  • DuvaDan88 23 Apr 2013 21:03:42 539 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally unlocked hard mode and its like I've started a new game everything has ramped up in difficulty and a couple of cool things have been triggered in my world now.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• L_Franko Moderator 24 Apr 2013 09:43:06 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cool, I look forward to unlocking it myself some time. Fairly far off from that at the moment though but I'm still more than happy in my current world at the moment.

Now I know the extent of my small world I'm tempted to create a medium just to see how much of a difference there is. Might save the large world for when I do unlock hard mode.
  • DuvaDan88 24 Apr 2013 09:54:47 539 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hard mode only unlocks in the world you defeat the last boss it doesn't carry over to any other world. I've put in about 25-30 hours to get to this point as well so it might be a slog for some people to unlock it.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• agparrot 24 Apr 2013 09:59:15 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm quite liking having more than one world of my own on the go. I've... exhausted some of the specific kinds of resource on my small world. Well, I think so, I still have lots to learn about corruption and Dungeons.

I've used my small world as a way of fast-tracking some of my recipe learning and to get access to things that simply aren't as far away as they are in my large world, and it's great to be able to use some of the shiny toys I now have to make traversing and reshaping my large world that much easier.

I need to make a few more bed spawn points in my large world, and most of my mining projects in all my worlds could do with being tidied up so that it doesn't take so long to get up and down, but it's only recently that I've got the tools to make this not seem like such a time-consuming chore, and there's still a bunch of new stuff to go chasing after that makes these 'administrative' tasks pretty unappealing, so apart from the jury-rigged and ever-expanding set of rooms that's become home to all the NPCs in my Small world, it's all something of a disorganised mess. As in Terraria, so in real life, I guess.
  • L_Franko Moderator 24 Apr 2013 11:18:42 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Travelling up and down the mines is a rather long process so I'm going to try and learn from my small world and build some large mineshafts straight down. I'll then branch tunnels off of this at varying levels so I have a neat network to easily move to and from.
  • crashVoodoo 24 Apr 2013 13:49:40 3,869 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Travelling up and down the mines is a rather long process so I'm going to try and learn from my small world and build some large mineshafts straight down. I'll then branch tunnels off of this at varying levels so I have a neat network to easily move to and from.
    Funnily enough I did this exact thing this morning.  A 2 square wide shaft straight down and then lots of corridors off it.  I the signposted some of it :-)

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• TVoJ 24 Apr 2013 14:33:15 1,857 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    First order of business in terraria after making. A shack is always to construct a hellavator!
  • mrharvest 2 May 2013 21:44:12 5,194 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've played this a couple of days and... I think I'm done. I can't beat any of the hard mode bosses even though I've got the best armour without beating the bosses, Dao of Pow and decent accessories. I could grind a metric fuckton for enough money to maybe get some better stats on my gear but I've already spent 200 gold and got nothing at all to show for it. I just don't see the point. I guess it was fun while it lasted.
  • RobAnybody 2 May 2013 22:57:34 890 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just not your cup of tea I guess.

I've been playing the PC version for a few days and have yet to encounter a boss, simply because I prefer exploring and building over combat (if I want combat I play World of Tanks instead). :)
  • Deleted user 2 May 2013 22:59:17
    I played the demo, thought it was fun then checked price....ten quid....fuck off.
  • RobAnybody 2 May 2013 23:01:36 890 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone seen the Xbox Global Patch details?

Here:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/microsoft-x360-global-patch-now-live.99456/
  • RobAnybody 2 May 2013 23:03:21 890 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    I played the demo, thought it was fun then checked price....ten quid....fuck off.
    Well worth every damn penny (and far more) - I've got more entertainment value out of Terraria than I have on many AAA titles (Bioshock 'repetitive snooze-fest' Infinite springs to mind).
  • Page

of 4 First / Last