The Witcher 3 Page 3

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Ror1984 14 Aug 2013 15:48:01 3,689 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm thinking the other guy on a horse might be Vesemir.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Ror1984 14 Aug 2013 21:46:14 3,689 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Charles Dance to voice Emhyr var Emreis in The Witcher 3.

• bad09 7 Dec 2013 10:29:03 6,036 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In game trailer tonight, Pope Dorito says it's remarkable apparently.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3s-vgx-trailer-is-all-in-game-will-be-a-big-hit-this-saturday/

Edited by bad09 at 10:29:34 07-12-2013
  • ResidentKnievel 8 Dec 2013 19:57:13 6,243 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks like a huge leap ahead of other open-world games

That video and the recent interview makes me think this is going to be the bestest game ever

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Armoured_Bear 23 Jan 2014 12:14:30 11,393 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    New info

Can newcomers dive straight into The Witcher 3 or will they be lost in the game?

Prior knowledge not required

On PC, will my older save games grant me some sort of bonus content or will my previous choices affect the game world in any way?

Not confirmed

How long will one playthrough of the game last, with and without side quests?

We're looking at roughly 50 hours for the main storyline depending on your gameplay style and the difficulty level. If you do most or all of the side quests, you're looking at anything between 100 to 120 hours of gameplay.

Speaking of action, could you maybe touch upon the game’s new combat system?

We're definitely looking at a more fluid combat system with Wild Hunt, where attacking an enemy feels more natural and smooth, unlike older games where you had to lock onto enemies constantly. What we saw in Batman: Arkham Asylum is a very cool system, and I don't want to draw any comparisons, but that's definitely part of the motivation for us.

Will you still retain some of the game's older mechanics, like different swords for different enemies, oils that can boost your skills, potions that can give you an edge in combat, and so on?

Yes, of course.

Geralt is a professional monster hunter, but there wasn’t a lot of monster hunting in The Witcher 2. This time around, will we get to track and hunt monsters in an unscripted way? Will there be side quests that tie into this mechanic?

yes, the monster hunting bit will be an important part of the game, and will make for some really cool side-quests

So I could finish the story and then go back to tackle the side-quests?

At this moment, the answer is “almost.” Currently you have absolute freedom to do what you want up until the last few hours of the game.

So player choices still play an important role in The Witcher universe?

All the time, and I think this differentiates us from other games out there. I mean, there are 36 different endings in Wild Hunt.

Any online component planned for the future, or is Wild Hunt a single-player experience only?

It's a single-player experience all the way, but we are looking to release the REDkit sometime after the game launches for the modding community.

How was development on next-gen consoles for you? How much of your vision did you have to sacrifice to gain stable frame rates on the PS4 and Xbox one?

It is extremely manageable. There is a lot of power in these machines, and I don't want to say we're using them to their capacity, but we're fairly close to doing so.

As a PC gamer, what kind of configuration should I be running if I wish to max the game out?

(Laughs) We'll be releasing that information soon, but you can already start saving up for an upgrade.

Do you have a release date for Wild Hunt?

Not yet, but we'll be announcing it soon.
    But it will be this year itself right?

Yes, in 2014.

So what’s next after this game? Can you tell us anything about Cyberpunk 2077?

People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game.

We are known for storytelling, and big game worlds, and so we’re taking all what we've learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077. So yes, it is an all-out RPG game, but we're looking at having a lot of new gameplay elements that I cannot talk about yet. One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely NOT a multiplayer shooter.

Can't fucking wait for this.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• fletch7100 23 Jan 2014 12:17:32 7,382 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Plus comic, board game being made by Fantasy Flight and iOS/android version of the board game
  • MadCaddy13 23 Jan 2014 12:18:47 2,002 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hopefully the length will stay true to that quote, I found the witcher 2 to be very short
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Jan 2014 12:25:15 11,393 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Hopefully the length will stay true to that quote, I found the witcher 2 to be very short
    Really?

Did you do both paths?

• Tryhard 23 Jan 2014 12:28:11 4,146 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Monster hunting.I think they will be hunting me.Looking forward to losing myself in this.
  • MadCaddy13 23 Jan 2014 12:29:22 2,002 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its been a while. I don't think so, is that like replaying the game again but doin it different?

I thought the choices I made would come to the fore but they never did and it ended and I was like 'huh? This can't be it?'

And I was very disappointed because I was loving it. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Jan 2014 12:31:49 11,393 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Its been a while. I don't think so, is that like replaying the game again but doin it different?

I thought the choices I made would come to the fore but they never did and it ended and I was like 'huh? This can't be it?'

And I was very disappointed because I was loving it. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention
    There's a point in the story where you choose Iorveth or Vernon Roche, I choose Roche but would like to go back and try the Iorveth path.

• JoeBlade 23 Jan 2014 21:10:53 2,591 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    MadCaddy13 wrote:

There's a point in the story where you choose Iorveth or Vernon Roche, I choose Roche but would like to go back and try the Iorveth path.
    I can't recommend trying the other path enough to anyone who enjoyed Witcher 2. Tip: all of Act 2 and quite a bit of Act 3 is entirely different depending on your choice
    Combined with different playstyles - try a sign-focused witcher for a change :) - it's definitely worth the replay. Plus if you've finished it within a year after release the first time around many things will have been improved since thanks to the numerous updates.
  • morriss 11 Mar 2014 17:03:32 71,187 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://thewitcher.com/news/view/729

Feb 2015 :(
  • bad09 11 Mar 2014 17:07:11 6,036 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty much the sole game I was looking forward to this year. Absolutely gutted :(

Oh well, I trust CDPR 100% so if they think it needs it then it does need it. On the plus side at least I've got more time to build a monster PC. :)
  • morriss 11 Mar 2014 17:09:44 71,187 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Will Steampunk be out this year?
  • bad09 11 Mar 2014 17:12:52 6,036 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm pretty sure it's next year to morris (it's Cyberpunk BTW).
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Mar 2014 17:13:46 17,215 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a shame to see a delay but at the same time it is kind of pleasing that they haven't rushed it out in a broken form and may avoid lots of bugs. Bugs were definitely the thing I thought most likely to be a problem once they started listing the features of the game as it seemed very prone to problems being such an open world pushing a lot of technical boundaries. I wouldn't be surprised if they will also get a better handle on implementing their ideas for the next generation consoles too.

You are a factory of sadness.

• bad09 11 Mar 2014 17:18:49 6,036 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep

I think they already know what they are doing with the new consoles. The knew from the start what they wanted and that helped decide to not put it on the old consoles.

(They also claim to have maxed out the new consoles already with W3.)
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Mar 2014 17:22:52 17,215 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It was my impression that consoles are always pushed less at the beginning of their life cycle and only after the initial year after release do the coders then know how to push it. This may not apply any more I guess.

• bad09 11 Mar 2014 17:25:49 6,036 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep

Not sure but they did claim that. Maybe it's down to the PC like architecture of the new ones.
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Mar 2014 17:29:20 17,215 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Could be, that does make sense I suppose as I've always assumed the CDProjekt guys work on PC first and go from there so they'll already be pretty familiar with how things work.

• fletch7100 5 Jun 2014 10:24:23 7,382 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Live stream tonight

Edit. Late as I never bother to read the front page :)

Edited by fletch7100 at 10:25:39 05-06-2014
  • Dirtbox 5 Jun 2014 11:58:24 78,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Should be a laugh, their PR is pretty abysmal.

Edited by Dirtbox at 11:59:26 05-06-2014

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• captbirdseye 5 Jun 2014 19:26:26 5,139 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • Ror1984 5 Jun 2014 19:32:55 3,689 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good lord that looks special. I think I'll have to get back to the books to help ease the wait.

• Deleted user 5 June 2014 19:47:19
    Looks really impressive.

Looks like I'm gonna need a bigger PC...
  • morriss 5 Jun 2014 20:11:06 71,187 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I watched the CD Projekt RED livestream announcing all the gubbins. So hyped.

Fuck me this trailer looks the bollocks.
  • morriss 5 Jun 2014 20:21:04 71,187 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
  • oceanmotion 5 Jun 2014 20:25:08 16,023 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New PC then.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last