City breaks in Europe? Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jan 2013 07:57:19 10,946 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Any recommendations? Me and a friend are thinking of going somewhere for a few days in Easter and could do with some suggestions! Only done a quick bit of googling at places like Vienna and Warsaw. Heard Budapest is a bit nice also. Any tips?
    Where have you been before?
    Where are you travelling from?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Benno 11 Jan 2013 08:18:13 9,875 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Naples. Except don't actually go to Naples. Instead use it as a base to do Vesuvius, Pompeii, Herculaneum and the Amalfi Coast in 3 days dirt cheap. Although Pompeii over Easter might be a little busy...
    Good idea, but use Sorento as a base instead. Lovely place.
  • Alastair 11 Jan 2013 08:23:15 15,688 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    brseg wrote:
    Bologna - esp if you like italian food :> Very compact for walking. Pretty much every building and street is stunning.
    Yep, along with so many other Italian cities : Florence, Siena, Parma, Venice, Padova, Bergamo, Verona etc.
    I've been to Bologna, and concur that it is nice. Florence is nicer however...
    When I went back in about 98, the Rough Guide mentioned that Bologna was considered to be quite an expensive city. As a London boy it didn't seem that bad...

Has anyone recommended Lisbon yet? (I haven't read through the whole thread)

Not as nice as I used to be

• Tonka 11 Jan 2013 08:31:58 20,390 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    Trowel wrote:
    Naples. Except don't actually go to Naples. Instead use it as a base to do Vesuvius, Pompeii, Herculaneum and the Amalfi Coast in 3 days dirt cheap. Although Pompeii over Easter might be a little busy...
    Good idea, but use Sorento as a base instead. Lovely place.
    And if you go to Sorrento I strongly recommend Casa Corerreales as a place tos tay. I was there last easter. They have a kick ass easter parade (sorrento that is, not the hostel per se)

The Hostel is in an orange grove and they make the breakfast orange juice using freshly picked oranges. It's about 10 minute walk to the city center and when I was there the daughter of the owner gave me and my family a lift to the train station when we left since it was raining.

We did a day trip to Pompeii leaving from Sorrento and it's easy as can be. The local trains run often and are very cheap. Pompeii was great.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• elstoof 11 Jan 2013 09:18:24 7,258 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    But why would you bother with regular beer if you can have a whole raft of tasty special beers. They're 2 to 3 euro.
    By special beer, do you mean bottled Trappist and Abbey beer, saison, lambic etc for 2-3 euro? Because I'll get on the train now.
  • Trafford 11 Jan 2013 09:21:19 5,791 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tallin or Riga are good for titties and beer.
  • Salaman 27 Oct 2013 22:50:58 19,032 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @elstoof

elstoof wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    But why would you bother with regular beer if you can have a whole raft of tasty special beers. They're 2 to 3 euro.
    By special beer, do you mean bottled Trappist and Abbey beer, saison, lambic etc for 2-3 euro? Because I'll get on the train now.
    Sorry for the late reply but yes. That's what I meant. Although having been out for a few beers earlier today with friends that were visiting from Germany, I should probably say it's 2 to 3.50 euro, not 2 to 3 euro as I assumed.

:-)

Get your tickets booked!

Edited by Salaman at 22:52:22 27-10-2013
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next