Far Cry 3 - New DLC - DINOSAURS!!!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Explosive_Alan 10 Jan 2013 15:12:25 6 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    We so badly want dinosaurs in the new Far Cry 3 DLC that we made a video highlighting what we want.

We hope you don't mind us shamelessly promoting the video on the forums, we think you'll like it and we're not trying to sell you anything other than a fictional DLC pack ;-)

If you guys like it we'll make more, if not well it wasn't too much time wasted.

• Kosmoz 10 Jan 2013 15:47:35 7,509 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck you. Got my hopes up there.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Whizzo 10 Jan 2013 15:51:38 42,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well I enjoyed it, Far Cry 4 on the Isle of Wight would be an idea though, the dinosaurs are already there.

And I don't mean at Blackgang Chine.

This space left intentionally blank.

• trav 10 Jan 2013 15:52:05 925 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hopes were high, now they are low.

Bastards!
  • smoothpete 10 Jan 2013 15:54:47 31,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That was funny, good work.
  • Explosive_Alan 10 Jan 2013 21:36:38 6 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sorry for getting hopes up chaps, perhaps if we protest Ubisoft they will deliver us some free roaming dinosaur action.

We can but dream.
  • NOSAVIOUR 10 Jan 2013 22:15:16 2,802 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Was speaking with a mate the other day after seeing the half life 2 Jurassic life mod how epic farcry would be for dinosaurs. Hope they do it for 4 though and not make it DLC.
  • wogsy81 10 Jan 2013 23:41:46 598 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Explosive_Alan wrote:
    perhaps if we protest Ubisoft they will deliver us some free roaming dinosaur action.

Hahaha, thats the funniest thing ive ever read on these forums.
    Ubisoft dont give a shit what the fans think. Take it from someone who has been on the ubi forums since 2006 and used to be a hardcore Ghost Recon player. Yes, i said hardcore.

Ubisoft NEVER listen to fans.
    The amount of times myself and hundreds of other people have told them something is just plain shit (ie Ghost Recon Future Soldier) only for them to completly ignore the core fanbase and do their own thing is unreal.

Ghost Recon 1 and 2 were amazing games and still had a very active playerbase on xbox live and gamebattles even after a whopping 4 years after release.
    We all played the Future Soldier beta and thought it was a complete load of dogshit. They changed absouletly everything about what made GRAW great.

We told the devs time and time again on the forums that future Soldier was shite and came up with hundreds of suggestions to make it a better more strategic game instead of the CoD clone it turned into. And what happened??

They completly ignored everything we said and released the piece of trash anyway. less then 2 months later the game was dead as a dodo on xbox live and gamebattles.

They took an amazing game that was loved by a lot of people and fucked it up totally. They were warned hundreds and hundreds of times but totally ignored all suggestions from their core fanbase. No surprise there.
    Ubisoft never listen to anything
  • FWB 10 Jan 2013 23:51:03 41,945 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd ignore someone who used two question marks next to each other too.
  • wogsy81 11 Jan 2013 00:38:59 598 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FWB And the curse of the "Long time member who is nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is" strikes again.

Hurrah!
  • Rodney 11 Jan 2013 04:23:13 1,682 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't fuck with a hardcore GRAW player! Yeah, I said hardcore
  • FWB 11 Jan 2013 07:55:48 41,945 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It wasn't a joke.
  • kinky_mong 11 Jan 2013 10:32:38 9,607 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:

Ubisoft dont give a shit what the fans think.
    Well apart from the time they took on board all the complaints about the first Assassin's Creed and addressed them all in the sequel.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Zizoo 11 Jan 2013 10:34:52 7,705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Misleading...
  • beastmaster 11 Jan 2013 10:39:27 10,178 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd be up for some free romaing dino action. That a great idea.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• RedSparrows 11 Jan 2013 11:22:04 20,754 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    Explosive_Alan wrote:
    perhaps if we protest Ubisoft they will deliver us some free roaming dinosaur action.

Ubisoft dont give a shit what the fans think. Take it from someone who has been on the ubi forums since 2006 and used to be a hardcore Ghost Recon player. Yes, i said hardcore.

Ubisoft NEVER listen to fans.
    The amount of times myself and hundreds of other people have told them something is just plain shit (ie Ghost Recon Future Soldier) only for them to completly ignore the core fanbase and do their own thing is unreal.

Ghost Recon 1 and 2 were amazing games and still had a very active playerbase on xbox live and gamebattles even after a whopping 4 years after release.
    We all played the Future Soldier beta and thought it was a complete load of dogshit. They changed absouletly everything about what made GRAW great.

We told the devs time and time again on the forums that future Soldier was shite and came up with hundreds of suggestions to make it a better more strategic game instead of the CoD clone it turned into. And what happened??

They completly ignored everything we said and released the piece of trash anyway. less then 2 months later the game was dead as a dodo on xbox live and gamebattles.

They took an amazing game that was loved by a lot of people and fucked it up totally. They were warned hundreds and hundreds of times but totally ignored all suggestions from their core fanbase. No surprise there.
    Ubisoft never listen to anything
    GRAW in turn was a fuckup of the actual Ghost Recon for many people. Swings and roundabouts.

If I was a developer I'd ignore a lot of fans because most of them can't string a sentence together, or be reasonable. See: all forums ever.
  • Mr-Brett 11 Jan 2013 11:25:43 12,676 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    Explosive_Alan wrote:

Don't let Deckard see that, he'll be heartbroken.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Explosive_Alan 11 Jan 2013 11:33:27 6 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wow this escalated quickly.
  • wogsy81 11 Jan 2013 11:38:48 598 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    wogsy81 wrote:

Ubisoft dont give a shit what the fans think.
    Well apart from the time they took on board all the complaints about the first Assassin's Creed and addressed them all in the sequel.
    Ok mate. Fair point.
    I will give you that one. They did deliver on the AC franchise. Even though i think AC3 is a boring pile of dog turd i did enjoy the other games.

But with them destroying The Ghost Recon, The Rainbow Six, The Prince of Persia and The splinter cell series, and not to mention that DRM debacle. I mean c'mon, absouletly no one thought that DRM stuff was a good idea and told them repeatedly. They obviously did not listen to the fans and went ahead with it anyway. Resulting in an embarrassing u turn.

Im afraid i will continue my view that Ubisoft are an ignorant bunch of twats.
    They dumb down their games to the point that toddlers could play them.
  • Whizzo 11 Jan 2013 11:41:15 42,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

Which is saying something when the thread is about a comedy video in the first place.

This space left intentionally blank.

• NOSAVIOUR 11 Jan 2013 11:42:23 2,802 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wouldn't listen to obsessive fans on official forums. Dinosaurs would be awesome and I can see them listening to this.
  • wogsy81 11 Jan 2013 11:50:27 598 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @NOSAVIOUR Totally agree.
    I think Dinosaurs would be awesome too. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 single player and would welcome some dino DLC. But my point was to not hold your breath as i cant see it happening.

They will release some new multiplayer maps even though the multiplayer is already dead as a dodo. Im not surprised the MP is dead though as the lobby system, lag and amount of glitches present is atrocious.

edit> sorry about the triple post :( stupid internet.

Edited by wogsy81 at 11:51:47 11-01-2013
  • wogsy81 11 Jan 2013 11:50:42 598 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • wogsy81 11 Jan 2013 11:50:56 598 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jellyhead 11 Jan 2013 12:00:55 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Explosive_Alan wrote:
    Wow this escalated quickly.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• MatMan562 11 Jan 2013 12:09:09 1,906 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    But with them destroying The Ghost Recon, The Rainbow Six, The Prince of Persia and The splinter cell series, and not to mention that DRM debacle. I mean c'mon, absouletly no one thought that DRM stuff was a good idea and told them repeatedly. They obviously did not listen to the fans and went ahead with it anyway. Resulting in an embarrassing u turn.
    That "embarrasing u-turn" being when they listened to their fans?

Anyway, this video was great, keep 'em coming!

And i'd also love to see some dinos in FC3!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• wogsy81 11 Jan 2013 12:34:22 598 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @MatMan562 Listened to people that were voting with their wallets more like.

But if you want to thank Ubisoft for not massively screwing you over then go ahead.
  • MatMan562 11 Jan 2013 12:51:36 1,906 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    @MatMan562 Listened to people that were voting with their wallets more like.

But if you want to thank Ubisoft for not massively screwing you over then go ahead.
    Like I said, their fans. People who weren't already buying their products couldn't doubly not buy them so it was their fans who, as you said, voted with their wallets that they listened to. Yeah, that's doing it for the wrong reasons but at least they did it.

Anyway, funny video is funny, let's get back on that topic!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• fragglerocks 12 Jan 2013 05:06:59 302 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes to dinosaurs!
    That is all.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next