Fallout 4 Page 281

• Page

of 281 First / Last

Next
  • Billy-Daniels 19 May 2017 12:25:54 9 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    I may disagree with you but I understand your points, many people feel the same way as you do.

You're not wrong either but neither am I, none of us are. We all have different expectations, likes and dislikes that colour our opinions of games and this is why our perceptions and opinions often differ so much.

A world where all people like all games (movies/music/art as well) equally would be a boring world to inhabit imo.
  • SYS64738 19 May 2017 12:39:34 3,713 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't disagree with that. I'm clearly having *some* fun with the game, it's just not really what I expected when it was announced. As a result, I'm less hyped about numero 5... but maybe that's not such a bad thing either.

Have to say, I don't really know what else they could do with the franchise - personally would prefer it playing closer towards the end of the 21st century, and suppose it'll need to stay in the US (its humour and cultural references don't really work anywhere else), somewhere recognisable like LA, San Francisco or NY; or they could just go Walking Dead and set it in the middle of nowhere but that would probably be rather dull.

Edited by SYS64738 at 12:40:48 19-05-2017
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2017 13:02:11 15,135 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think that if I hadn't been playing Fallout games since the beginning (almost 20 years now!), I might have liked FO3 and 4 more.

But having been committed to the series for this long, I have a certain idea of what kind of games I think they should be. And aside from some superficial similarities, I think Bethesda haven't been making those games. They've been making Elder Scrolls games with Fallout assets.

I guess many people are ok with that, which is fair enough. But personally, I'm not going to be buying another one unless they pretty drastically change it.

Or just hire Obsidian again. New Vegas was glorious.
  • infoxicated 19 May 2017 13:09:23 1,452 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nothing to add, just want to thank Billy-Daniels for the write up on Survival Mode. Planning to go back to Fallout 4 after the summer as I completely rinsed the stock game from launch until about this time last year.

I reluctantly triggered the end game by siding with the Railroad and was happy to park it at that point because I felt crestfallen at the heavy handed, forced choices I had to make in the run-in.

But, come autumn, I'll be diving back in and will acquire all the DLC, which will surely be cheap as chips by that point, and I'm considering survival mode from the getgo. :)
  • Billy-Daniels 19 May 2017 14:30:01 9 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I think that if I hadn't been playing Fallout games since the beginning (almost 20 years now!), I might have liked FO3 and 4 more.

But having been committed to the series for this long, I have a certain idea of what kind of games I think they should be. And aside from some superficial similarities, I think Bethesda haven't been making those games. They've been making Elder Scrolls games with Fallout assets.

I guess many people are ok with that, which is fair enough. But personally, I'm not going to be buying another one unless they pretty drastically change it.

Or just hire Obsidian again. New Vegas was glorious.
    You've hit the nail on the head here with regards to why some people love Fallout 4 and others find it difficult to love.

I've watched gameplay videos of the original Fallouts and they're the types of games I avoid. Post apocalyptic Elder Scrolls with guns in the Bethesda mould is precisely what I wanted.

Conversely, If you were a fan of the originals I can understand why you weren't pleased with Bethesda's vision of how a Fallout game should play. Other than the lore (Super Mutants, Vaults etc) they're completely different games.

I'd welcome Obsidian having another pop at a Fallout game. I didn't enjoy New Vegas as much as 3&4 but it was a good game that scratched the Fallout itch whilst waiting for Bethesda's next offering.

@infoxicated

Glad I could help and enjoy scraping an existence in Boston when you embark on your survival mission.
  • SYS64738 19 May 2017 14:35:17 3,713 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Mola_Ram I should really give FO1/2 a try - have the install files from GOG sitting on my hard disk for ages, tried FO1 a few years ago but didn't get on with it (I don't think it aged particularly well but I should probably try and see past that).
  • Page

of 281 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.