• LeoliansBro 9 Jan 2013 18:16:26 44,939 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Edited by LeoliansBro at 18:18:10 09-01-2013

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• LeoliansBro 9 Jan 2013 18:16:37 44,939 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've heard about Moore's Law thanks vizzini. Obviously Nintendo haven't though. And I think a few of the great unwashed from the PC camp might have a chuckle at your inference that the PS3 is at the cutting edge of technology.

Just because the potential is there, it doesn't follow that it will happen. Especially as Sony royally shafted themselves shooting for the console moon with the PS3.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• ResidentKnievel 9 Jan 2013 18:27:48 6,288 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Vizzini, what do you think of the Wii U?
    @ResidentKnievel

It is hard to say at this point.

I'm not a fan of the unique selling pitch, and the hardware is as a primary console is diabolical. The price is too high(even factoring in the tablet), and the storage solution seems to defeat the power conscious design of the system. The insistence of calling it a Wii and sticking with Wiimotes are equally unwelcome.

However, when proper games from Nintendo arrive, I'll be in line to buy a premium at 150, and probably feel much better about my gaming for it.

In a nutshell the hardware is plenty good enough for Nintendo to build some great exclusives to supplement another next-gen platform.
    Those are reasonable points.

Ecosse, what do you think of the Vita?

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Armoured_Bear 9 Jan 2013 19:27:56 11,877 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Vizzini, what do you think of the Wii U?
    @ResidentKnievel

It is hard to say at this point.

I'm not a fan of the unique selling pitch, and the hardware is as a primary console is diabolical. The price is too high(even factoring in the tablet), and the storage solution seems to defeat the power conscious design of the system. The insistence of calling it a Wii and sticking with Wiimotes are equally unwelcome.

However, when proper games from Nintendo arrive, I'll be in line to buy a premium at 150, and probably feel much better about my gaming for it.

In a nutshell the hardware is plenty good enough for Nintendo to build some great exclusives to supplement another next-gen platform.
    Those are reasonable points.

Ecosse, what do you think of the Vita?
    Nice hardware, doesn't seem very well supported.
    Of little interest to me as I don't use portables much.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• FogHeart 10 Jan 2013 16:38:16 987 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Erm...combo...breaker?
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 16:58:00
    Seems to be a lot of doom and gloom. Ps3's shipped past 360 this week, between them they have 150 million + units doing the round. Throw in the wii's 100 million plus, thats 250m units.

Not sure how many people own multiple consoles, but even so, console gaming is increadbily healthy at the moment.

Not saying, there is problems there is, the industry is in a state of flux at the moment, and some sensible decisions have to me made, if they are, console gaming will be good for at least 5 more years. With steambox coming as well, they wouldn't jump in if they felt they could.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next