Pokemon X/Y Page 15

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Kew1Melon 31 Oct 2013 13:15:34 180 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone worked out a decent way to level up at end game having fully EV'd your poke's?

You have an imagination barrier.

• Daryoon 31 Oct 2013 16:05:40 4,555 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The battle chateau on, I think, route 7. At higher ranks you can battle gym leaders and suchlike, and by paying a bit of money (you make tons, so it's not an issue) you can boost all levels by 20. Throw in a Lucky Egg (someone in one of the hotels gives you one) and the EXP boosting O-Power and you're quadrupling your experience gain.

If you can't be bothered to grind through the aristocracy, though, you can use the restaurants in the main city.
  • Grax 1 Nov 2013 12:59:01 1,201 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    4 badges in, i have my 6 fully evolved

Florges lvl 49
    Blastoise lvl 48
    Delphox Lvl 50
    Aegislash lvl 50
    Aurous lvl 50
    Salamence lvl 50

i have geared my team against dragons (with Salamance, Aurous and Florgas my anti dragon team :))
  • GassyHaggis 3 Nov 2013 10:16:18 19 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been through the thread and added people to my 3DS if you've posted a friend code, also sent a quick PM just as a heads up. If anyone fancies adding me or I've missed you just give me a shout. :)

My friend code is 3265-5087-1414.

Cheers. :)
  • Restart 5 Nov 2013 11:39:09 4,678 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished the story last night, so now it's onwards to the end game content i.e. PvP battles, Friend Safari, and of course Catching em' all!

My friend code is 1504-6168-0103; feel free to add me and pm me your friend code so I can add you back.
  • Murbal 8 Nov 2013 14:33:33 21,576 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I sold this, and surprise surprise, I find myself wishing I hadn;t after watching videos of some of the cool evolutions. I never learn. Yeah, there was a reason I didn't get on with it I guess, but... I... I might end up rebuying it. FOOL.
  • Kanjin 12 Nov 2013 23:41:41 965 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Er, noob question. I've beaten the champion, and I've heard there's a post-game, but... how do you get to it?
  • TheMayorOfJugs 12 Nov 2013 23:44:01 2,330 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @Kanjin Go to Lumiose city and your Holocaster will buzz.
    Also, go see Prof Sycamore in the Lumiose train station.

It's on the lean side I'm afraid :-(

Edited by TheMayorOfJugs at 23:44:25 12-11-2013
  • Kanjin 12 Nov 2013 23:49:02 965 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers! Oh well, still got the legendaries to capture, I saw Moltres the the bugger ran away before i could even act.
  • Restart 13 Nov 2013 12:26:17 4,678 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Legendaries to capture, Battle Château, Friend Safari, the Battle Mansion, areas to go back and explore with some new Pokémon, ranked battles, and of course, catching them all!
  • DFawkes 13 Nov 2013 12:36:36 22,112 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I swear I passed a dungeon entrance that had a guard to stop you going in before doing the Elite Four, but for the life of me I can't find him again. I know it was before the last gym, and definitely 100% not the one in Pokemon Village.

Is my memory making it up?

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• DanMW 13 Nov 2013 12:38:13 811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can get more lucky eggs from Chansey, add someone with Chansey in their friend safari and have a pokemon with the ability frisk (like Gothorita, Pumpkaboo) as your first pokemon if they carry one it'll let you know.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 13 Nov 2013 12:50:05 2,330 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @DFawkes Cavern of Emptiness? To the right of Santalune?
  • DFawkes 13 Nov 2013 13:01:07 22,112 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    @DFawkes Cavern of Emptiness? To the right of Santalune?
    Bingo! Thanks man, that was frying my noggin :)

• Dr_Mech 20 Nov 2013 01:14:19 940 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Completed the game once and decided to try a soft Wonder Trade run.

Basically you catch the first pokemon you encounter on each route and then wonder trade them out immediately and whatever you get back you have to use.

It's not quite a Wonderlocke run where if a pokemon faints, you release it but it is quite interesting getting a random party.

I'm keeping my starter but the party currently consists of:
    Chespin (starter).
    Charmeleon (evolved from Charmander) from the USA.
    Froaxie from the USA.
    Axew from Japan.
    Riolu from Finland.

Got one one of the Spider Pokemon but it was waaaaay to high level for me to use.

All of them seem to be breeding cast offs.
  • Phattso Moderator 25 Nov 2013 07:03:15 12,729 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been playing this on-and-off for the last week and I'm sort of wondering what the deal is? It's a by-the-numbers JRPG style thang. It's grind heavy. It turns the 3D off in towns (WTactualF?) but isn't particularly good looking anyway.

It reminds me of the old NeoGeoPocketColo(u)r catalogue of JRPG grinders. Not a bad thing per se, but I must confess I was hoping it would be a little more entertaining than that.

Ho hum. A grinding I shall go. It's inoffensive, and a nice winding-down sort of game after a long day. The first three hours worth of 'battles' can be won just by pressing A repeatedly, mind you. *mind boggles*
  • Phattso Moderator 25 Nov 2013 07:04:14 12,729 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    (it's not helped by me juggling this with Luigi's Mansion 2, a game that plays like a dream and makes most other 3DS titles look like arse)
  • MadCaddy13 25 Nov 2013 07:33:49 1,840 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you only a little more cynical. Haven't played it in weeks :/
  • Deleted user 25 November 2013 07:45:37
    I'm a big fan of the series and I'm finding myself completely uninterested in this. Can't tell if it is me or the game but I have to force myself to play it, give minutes at a time. I bought a 2ds for it so feel compelled to finish it.
  • DFawkes 25 Nov 2013 12:15:39 22,112 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It seems to me that you're just done with Pokemon. Tastes and moods can change with age, and maybe Pokemon just doesn't click with you anymore. Maybe you're not in the mood for the same formula again, and aren't enjoying the new stuff there is. I still enjoy it myself, but that doesn't mean everyone will.

I don't think you should ever feel like you have to force yourself to play a game. Games are there to be enjoyed, so if it feels like a chore, give it up. Sell or trade the game in, and get something else you might fancy. I've no idea what you're into, but by this time I'd imagine there'll definitely be something out on 3DS that you'd enjoy more. If you force yourself to slog through something you're not enjoying, you'll just resent it more. Maybe even just give it a break, and leave it a few years until you're in a Pokemon mood again.

• Kanjin 25 Nov 2013 12:30:50 965 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I actually enjoyed it more than Black, in that I didn't really do any grinding at all! If they could just get rid of the random battles...

Kalos has loads of personality and I thought the bad guy made a better point that even the supposedly revolutionary guy in B/W.

But yes, it's the same formula EVERY game. If only they could mix it up a bit, maybe let you try the gym battles in any order or hell not have them at all. Start building a team to take on the latest threat. That's another thing let's not have Team Clueless as the enemy. Do what the manga did and have the Elite Four as homicidal nutcases!

I don't know, but there's lots of clever people working at Game Freak, surely they can come up with something new.
  • wizardofoz85 25 Nov 2013 12:51:43 301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its probably a case of it getting stale. The last one I played was ruby on my GBA.
    I got this to pass some time before the PS4 release and I'm loving it, although it seems even easier than the older ones.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2013 12:53:40
    DFawkes wrote:
    It seems to me that you're just done with Pokemon. Tastes and moods can change with age, and maybe Pokemon just doesn't click with you anymore. Maybe you're not in the mood for the same formula again, and aren't enjoying the new stuff there is. I still enjoy it myself, but that doesn't mean everyone will.

I don't think you should ever feel like you have to force yourself to play a game. Games are there to be enjoyed, so if it feels like a chore, give it up. Sell or trade the game in, and get something else you might fancy. I've no idea what you're into, but by this time I'd imagine there'll definitely be something out on 3DS that you'd enjoy more. If you force yourself to slog through something you're not enjoying, you'll just resent it more. Maybe even just give it a break, and leave it a few years until you're in a Pokemon mood again.
    Think you are bang on. A bit sad about though if I'm honest. Pokemon has been a guilty pleasure of mine for years, hell I even loved the cartoon... But I just don't have the time to find the Pokemon that I would spend weeks searching for when I was younger. And so I'm just playing it as a standard adventure - progressing towards the end with little deviation. And Pokemon insult meant to be played like that as it isn't very good as a standard rpg. Think I'm near the end Lysandre just turned all evil so will keep going. I refuse to buy another game until this is done and there are a lot I want to try!
  • Willhelm331 24 Dec 2013 14:30:54 384 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Just finished the game and spent 1 mil on a venosaurite lol. I want to restart the game, but don't want to delete some of my pkmns. Anyone kind enough to help me trade? It will add pokemon entries for sure, esp if you have X. I'm not sure if pokemon bank is sav game based or Nintendo id.

Friend code 5129-1030-4925

• Tomo 24 Dec 2013 14:52:20 13,843 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My girlfriend is obsessed with Pokemon so she bought me Y and she has X. Somehow she completed the storyline in about 10 days. I have no idea how. I'm not far off it I don't think. Need to get 2 gym badges I think. In the meantime, she already have level 80 pokemon whereas I just breached 50 the other day!

We are supposed to start duelling etc soon. I'm gunna get my arse kicked.

As for the game... I haven't played a Pokemon since Gold and this is all jarringly familiar. It's still very, very fun rearing your favourite Pokemon, but it does feel a bit stale to me. The game hints at some changes - the 2v2 battles are great, but they are only used every now and then! It's like the designers thought it was a great idea, but uh oh, what if the die-hards don't like it! The graphics are great too. But... it's all naggingly familiar. I feel like I played this game when I was about 15 :/
  • Agent_Llama 31 Dec 2013 00:14:17 3,252 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The anguish over which to pick: Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur. Playing X and went with Squirtle, but damn that mega evolution of Charizard looks good.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola

• Sir_Walter_Rally 29 Jan 2014 11:27:46 509 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Thinking of getting this. Am I right in thinking this is like an RPG of sorts, you power your critter up etc? I remember watching the cartoon ages ago stoned and laughing.

Is there a general consenus on what one is better? (X or Y) Reading into it, seems this is just a marketing ploy - they are the same game basically, with a few bonus exclusive characters for each AKA buy both please fans.

Given that I am a new comer and don't know any of them, what would you suggest? Random?

X is retailing for more (on Amazon at least) is there a reason for that?
  • Raiko101 29 Jan 2014 11:49:34 5,589 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    X has sold ever so slightly more copies than Y, which is the only reason I can think of for it retailing at a slightly higher price. As you say though, the differences will be minor. It'll be a case of particular Pokemon only being available on one version of the game, and if you're a completionist, you'll have to trade pokemon with somebody owning the opposite game.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• TheMayorOfJugs 29 Jan 2014 13:15:08 2,330 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Exactly the same, go with your fave looking cover as that's the legendary you get.
  • Matt36 21 Mar 2014 20:46:35 1,207 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just picked this up earlier in the week, 9 hours in and I've not even beat the first gym yet as I prefer to level my Pokemon up to a certain level before I start, makes it easier later in the game. Love the graphical redesign too!
  • Page

of 16 First / Last