Un-appreciated games

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Toadie48 5 Jan 2013 18:43:24 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So in this thread I want to see what games you you thought was unappreciated and would like to see sequels for.
    The Eurogamer forum section can be mean, so please don't worry about others belittling your opinion. And to those individuals (you know who you are) understand everyone is unique, to them a game that was unappreciated may not be unappreciated to you. Not everything can go via your criteria. Rant over.

I have to warn you of three rules how ever:

1. No unappreciated games that are obviously going to get sequels.
    2. No feigning ignorance of sequels. (eg "It's too bad C&C3 never got a sequel")
    3. No belittling other posters opinions.

My pick would have to be Blast Corps for the Nintendo 64. It didn't sell by the truck load, but Blast Corps sits as a very unique and fun game. A new version of it running on today's hardware could create some interesting gameplay mechanics due to the bump in A.I.,level design etc.

The italic parts are the edited parts

Edited by Toadie48 at 20:06:46 05-01-2013

Edited by Toadie48 at 20:08:38 05-01-2013

The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon from Gamefaqs
    The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon from Gamefaqs

• EMarkM 5 Jan 2013 18:48:30 3,173 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kameo, please Kameo :)
  • bantamenace 5 Jan 2013 18:49:10 73 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Racing Destruction Set on the Commodore 64.... Back when EA were 'Electronic Arts' and were indeed a bit 'arty' at times. Or 'Raid on Bungeling Bay' by Broderbund... Nice
  • Dirtbox 5 Jan 2013 18:49:43 77,653 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blast Corps unappreciated? (it's one word)

Nope. Poor sales don't mean something is unappreciated (it's one word) at all, just poorly marketed.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• MadCaddy13 5 Jan 2013 18:52:59 1,870 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd love to see fall-out 4
  • richardiox 5 Jan 2013 18:55:41 5,571 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A new Call of Duty or Battlefield would be good however unlikely.
    I'd be more keen on a sequel to Bioshock or Borderlands though.
  • boo 5 Jan 2013 18:55:55 11,735 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ico 2

(SOTC doesn't count.)

Just Another Lego Blog

• Mr-Brett 5 Jan 2013 18:57:17 12,748 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So it's not an 'unappreciated games' thread, it's a 'games you want sequels for' thread. Not that either isn't done four times a year anyway.

Portable view - Never forget.

• DUFFMAN5 5 Jan 2013 18:58:41 14,539 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hit and run 2
    Eternal darkness II
    Futurama 2
    The Getaway 3
    MGS 3-2 (like FF games)
    The Last Ninja 4 (I think we had 3 on the C64)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• bad09 5 Jan 2013 18:59:52 5,759 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I would like to see a sequel to Star Wars Masters Of Teras Kasi. Seriously hear me out :)

Yes it was shit BUT it had a lot of potential and me and a mate had huge amounts of fun with it despite it's huge flaws. The pull of Fett vs Solo, Vadar vs Luke etc as well as silly match ups like Leia vs Chewie. It actually had lot of great ideas as a fighter like the 2 styles of combat for weapons and hand to hand (something Mortal Kombat borrowed later on) the mix of lightsabres, blasters and fists.

The SW characters in Soul Calibur may have been out of place and just an awful cringe inducing marketing ploy but they did bring home to me that a beat 'em up in the SW universe could be great and if they did ever did a sequel maybe a fews lessons would be learned from the mistakes on the first game and it would brilliant.

Edited by bad09 at 19:07:42 05-01-2013
  • bad09 5 Jan 2013 19:02:59 5,759 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    The Getaway 3
    As far as I'm concerned, as Sony crimes against gaming go, that they canned number 3 is up there with their destruction of Psygnosis just for WipEout. :(
  • Toadie48 5 Jan 2013 19:05:09 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Mr-Brett - Saying that it's not an unappreciated games thread is just plain ignorance. There have been many of examples (and will be many more examples)of unappreciated games. It's just I've added a little twist to the normal formula by adding the unappreciated games that you feel deserve a sequel (As not all unappreciated games gets sequels).

The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon from Gamefaqs

• spamdangled 5 Jan 2013 19:07:34 27,276 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And yet you started the thread by citing a game that definitely ISN'T unappreciated.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Mr-Brett 5 Jan 2013 19:09:33 12,748 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Toadie48 Saying that it is an unappreciated games thread is just plain ignorance. The title says 'Un-appreciated games' not 'unappreciated games' so I can only assume it's something to do with the United Nations and there is no mention of unappreciated games in the original post, only sequels. Therefore you are a wrong-face.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Toadie48 5 Jan 2013 19:14:27 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @darkmorgado - I've started with Blast Corps because i's a game that outside of the hardcore rarely gets recognized. I would have thought you of all EG members would know that darkmorgado. A great game like that should be played by the may not just the few.

• Syrette 5 Jan 2013 19:28:52 43,232 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Toadie48 wrote:
    I have to warn you of three rules how ever:

3. No belittling other posters opinions.
    For someone who has supposedly been on here for four years, you're clearly not particularly educated in the ways of the Eurogamer forum.

• Toadie48 5 Jan 2013 19:31:17 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Syrette
    For someone who has supposedly been on here for four years, you're clearly not particularly educated in the ways of the Eurogamer forum.
    Explain,I may have been here for years but have never got round to using the forums until last year December.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Jan 2013 19:41:43 37,677 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Toadie48 wrote:
    @Syrette
    Explain,I may have been here for years but have never got round to using the forums until last year December.
    You might want to lurk just a bit longer, because your threads are WAAAAAY out of place.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• dsmx 5 Jan 2013 19:42:24 7,583 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Alpha Protocol

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• PazJohnMitch 5 Jan 2013 19:53:10 7,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Skies of Arcadia
    Mirror's Edge
    Makai Kingdoms
    Gravity Rush
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Dungeon Keeper 2
    Theme Hospital
  • spamdangled 5 Jan 2013 20:09:57 27,276 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Skies of Arcadia
    Mirror's Edge
    Makai Kingdoms
    Gravity Rush
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Dungeon Keeper 2
    Theme Hospital
    Well we are *sort of* getting a sequel to Dungeon Keeper - War for the Overworld. It's got Molyneux's seal of approval and everything.

And hasn't there been some hints recently that there actually is a Miiror's Edge game in the works?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 5 Jan 2013 20:11:12 27,276 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Toadie48 wrote:
    The Eurogamer forum section can be mean, so please don't worry about others belittling your opinion. And to those individuals (you know who you are) understand everyone is unique, to them a game that was unappreciated may not be unappreciated to you. Not everything can go via your criteria. Rant over.
    Guys, I think we've hurt his feelings!

lol

• Load_2.0 5 Jan 2013 20:15:48 19,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In the theme of the thread.

You are all cunts and your opinions are shit.

Anyway the answer is Godhand. Brilliant bonkers game, loads of fun. Rock hard but rewarding in the long haul.
  • RichieTenenbaum 5 Jan 2013 20:26:40 2,187 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I used to love a PS1 game called Moho, where you played robots balanced on one ball things, and had to use momentum and stuff to move about. It was awesome.
  • King_Edward 5 Jan 2013 20:31:17 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Toadie48 wrote:
    Guys, I think we've hurt his feelings!

lol
    You mean you hurt his feelings. Don't paintbrush all with your bullying brush.
  • Deleted user 5 January 2013 21:13:14
    Toadie48 wrote:
    And to those individuals (you know who you are) understand everyone is unique, to them a game that was unappreciated may not be unappreciated to you. Not everything can go via your criteria.
    My unappreciated game is GTA4.
  • Toadie48 5 Jan 2013 21:25:52 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @meme - Understandable. GTA4 does get a lot of stick lately. It seems a lot of people dislike GTA4 especially when comparing it to the likes of San Andreas and Vice City. People mostly complain about the repetitive missions and the driving. Also tons of people feel the media hyped that game with all the 10's GTA4 recieved.

• Humperfunk 5 Jan 2013 21:27:22 2,075 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What is your favourite GTA, Mr Rebecchi?

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Toadie48 5 Jan 2013 21:43:13 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Humperfunk - We have a Neighbours watcher. Good on you man, I ain't seen it in years. I started watching it like 2000/2001 when Dee Bliss was married to Toadie but got killed off. Remember that?

I digress, my favourite GTA is *don't hate me for this* Vice City. Then San Andreas. GTA3 would be 3'rd. Then for me personally, GTA4 last.

Edited by Toadie48 at 21:43:47 05-01-2013

• Syrette 5 Jan 2013 21:46:19 43,232 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Was there really characters called "Dee Bliss" and "Toadie" on Neighbours?

Wow. Poor Eastenders has to make do with Phil and Billy.

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous