Bought a PS3 in Slovakia- please read!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Italia_G_29 5 Jan 2013 17:57:25 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So I live in Slovakia and I just bought a PS3 super slim with Gran Turismo 5 and Uncharted 3 from a shopping centre in the capital city Bratislava for 300 Euros. Its only now after I've bought and brought them home that I realize the language of the PS3 and the games are going to be in the local language and not my own which is English. I do not understand enough slovak to be able to enjoy the games, so I'll have to return it :(.

Is it possible to change the language of the PS3 and games bought in Slovakia to English ?
  • Ziz0u 5 Jan 2013 18:07:30 8,648 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm pretty sure you can change the language of the PS3, but not every game has multiple language options (I assume English will there somewhere though).
  • chub 5 Jan 2013 18:14:12 466 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, it is possible. Go to System Settings -> System Language, then choose English. At least it works for me on my Finnish PS3.

If you use PSN, you might also set the language for that in Account Management -> Account Information -> Language.
  • Italia_G_29 5 Jan 2013 18:22:22 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you can change the language of the PS3, but not every game has multiple language options (I assume English will there somewhere though).
    Thanks! :) It says here that whatever language the Ps3 is set to in its multiple language options, it'll detect that same language if its available in the game. If every single game had an English language setting so, presumably each game would be played in English no matter which country I bought it from. Is that correct?

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t235393.html
  • Cappy 5 Jan 2013 18:29:02 12,119 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Correct.

I've imported a few PS3 games from Hong Kong, there's no language selection via a menu, the language will default to whatever you have set as the language in your system settings, so in my case the games are always in English rather than Chinese.
  • Italia_G_29 5 Jan 2013 18:36:53 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Cappy So, on a ps3 bought from hong kong, those games would be played in chinese? Need to reli make sure it'll work for me in English cos the guy at the shop scared me by saying he couldn't sell me fifa 13 as it would be played in czech language and not English, which made no sense but anyway...:S confused
  • Cappy 5 Jan 2013 18:47:28 12,119 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you set your Hong Kong PS3 to Chinese language in the PS3 system settings, your games will have Chinese text.

Likewise you can probably set a UK PS3 to Chinese language and any game that supports Chinese will be in that language.
  • kingcrowbar 5 Jan 2013 20:11:58 936 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At least from the point of view of being in Czech Republic, you usually get a little round Czech flag and some text indicating if it has full dubbing or just Czech manual (above the PEGI 3 logo on the FIFA13 box).

For example you'd get Czech commentary rather than whoever does UK commentary but you might still get menus and such in English but I can't say for sure as I don't have the game. (Lokalizace: Český dabing)

For GT5 it should be in English with Czech manual, at least my original version 1 of GT5 was. (Lokalizace: S českým manuálem)

From jrc.cz, it would appear that UC3 is in Czech language. (Lokalizace: S českými titulky)

Still try and set the system to English language menus first as others have said and you might be lucky and get English menus and text ingame.

Also if Slovak prices are anything like Czech prices you'll do yourself a good saving by importing from the UK such as Zavvi and Game while guaranteeing no language issues.

Edited by kingcrowbar at 08:35:08 06-01-2013
  • dominalien 5 Jan 2013 21:47:05 7,071 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's possible a game bought outside of the US/UK will have no English text/voice option, although presumably uncommon. Of all the games I have, only DXHR bought in Poland has no English text. It's annoying.

PSN: DonOsito

• Page

of 1

Previous Next