The NYE thread Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • sport 1 Jan 2013 00:22:24 12,584 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christ, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mushroom cloud coming from my neighbours garden. Crazy how bloody huge standard fireworks have gotten these days - I'm still shaking from the blast.
  • Vortex808 1 Jan 2013 00:25:52 6,975 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Happy New Year all!
  • IMO 1 Jan 2013 00:26:53 5,583 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nothing over this way, no fireworks, no drunken revellers, nothing. Did just finish watching a bizarre Korean film though.
  • Whizzo 1 Jan 2013 00:31:31 43,038 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Happy New Year, it would appear that my neighbourhood is under attack or the army is being real bastards and doing training this evening with the amount of bangs going off.

London's fireworks were rather groovy though.

Now where's my flying car? It's 2013 for fuck's sake.

This space left intentionally blank.

• beastmaster 1 Jan 2013 00:33:29 11,194 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    2013 seemed to go by quicker than the running time if that godawful John Cusack film.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 1 January 2013 00:36:37
    Just watched the official Edinburgh fireworks from our front garden/park. Swear it was a better view than being on Princes Street with a ticket. Took puppy and she seemed to love them. She followed them as they rose which was insanely cute. Set off a couple of our own and now I'm in bed.

Happy New Year everyone!
  • Whizzo 1 Jan 2013 00:36:42 43,038 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    2013 seemed to go by quicker than the running time if that godawful John Cusack film.
    Blimey you've lost an entire year! What have you been drinking?

This space left intentionally blank.

• mal 1 Jan 2013 01:05:14 22,341 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah, the family managed to dig out some champagne (okay, rose champagne, but still apparently the real cheese). I dunno how it does it, but a couple small champagnes always takes me a good couple of notches further than slightly fizzy wine should along the drunkenness scale. Currently at a quarter past merry :D

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• mrharvest 1 Jan 2013 05:39:59 5,186 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    mrharvest wrote:
    Me and the missus usually fall asleep by nine on NYE but we are determined to stay up this time. Just half an hour more!
    3 and a half...?
    Timezones. I barely made it too. But at 10 past midnight once the fireworks were done I was happily asleep.
  • elstoof 1 Jan 2013 08:16:56 6,642 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Ah, the family managed to dig out some champagne (okay, rose champagne, but still apparently the real cheese). I dunno how it does it, but a couple small champagnes always takes me a good couple of notches further than slightly fizzy wine should along the drunkenness scale. Currently at a quarter past merry :D
    Rosť generally commands a higher price at retail than a standard bottle of brut, and the carbonation helps alcohol get absorbed into your bloodstream faster than a flat drink would.
  • PhoenixFlames 1 Jan 2013 08:20:53 8,899 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I managed to avoid all the nonsense for another year. Total NYE cost £0. No hangover. Win \o/

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next