hehe
  • AgeOfChaos 1 Jan 2013 03:47:26 255 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This thread has gone to shit.
  • MadCaddy13 1 Jan 2013 09:13:48 2,064 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well I personally hate playing as women in games. Especially hot women. You wanna know why? Coz they make me want to have a wank that's why!
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 09:23:52
    Oh dear.
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 11:15:39
    The Megaman games are Metroid for masochistic retards.
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 11:37:14
    I think Valve's output since the Orange Box hasn't beeen close to their normal standards.

Portal 2 was basically the opposite of what made Valve so special.
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 11:39:58
    How exactly? Portal 2 was brilliant.
  • Moot_Point 1 Jan 2013 11:45:15 4,625 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    indie games are pretentious shit and all style and no substance.
    Most laughable comment so far. Maybe you are buying or playing the wrong indie games.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deleted user 1 January 2013 11:46:52
    Awful humour, overbearing characters, a malignant story. The puzzles were playtested to hell.

"no more twitch movements" the first game had nothing that could be described as twitch aiming. Small blocks of 9 to show you exactly where to place your portal. Rooms only have a handful of "portable" walls which basically made you sit and think of the order, rather than experiment and work it out for yourself.
  • Widge Moderator 1 Jan 2013 12:04:55 13,746 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It is an experience game, it is about the journey and what you feel on the way to your destination.

Coming from someone who likes travelling more than the actual destination, this is appealing. Also I liked Flower for its relaxing and experience focused approach. A nice antidote when you feel like something different from the purist approach of something gamey like Planetside 2 (which I love) but also want the change of pace to be delivered in the medium of game. That is the substance there. I mean do you see where the appeal is now? Why people like things like that outside of the traditional vein of games?

Its like how I think something like Saints Row 2 is a big bag of turd, but I can now appreciate that all some people want is a big sandbox toybox to have random lols in.

Edited by Widge at 12:07:11 01-01-2013

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• speedofthepuma 1 Jan 2013 12:11:44 13,320 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trashing "indie" games with a broad brush is only unpopular in the same way that being densely illogical is unpopular; it's a nonsense statement.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• cubbymoore 1 Jan 2013 12:13:58 36,507 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would have played further on Portal 2 if Stephen Merchant wasn't in it.
  • King_Edward 1 Jan 2013 12:35:24 11,471 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    There are games out there that are experience games and are about a Journey but also have gameplay to back it up for example Silent Hill 2.

I doubt people who have played Journey and claim its the best game ever to have played anything other than FIFA and COD.
    I don't think you really "got" Silent Hill 2.
  • sanctusmortis 1 Jan 2013 12:37:53 9,807 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rayman Origins is better than any Mario game that's come out since 64. NSMB is a travesty.
  • Flying_Pig 1 Jan 2013 13:02:18 11,517 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't get the appeal of the 3DS. The 3D effect is pretty poor, it's uncomfortable to hold for prolonged periods and offers little more than the DS.
  • King_Edward 1 Jan 2013 13:05:44 11,471 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    There are games out there that are experience games and are about a Journey but also have gameplay to back it up for example Silent Hill 2.

I doubt people who have played Journey and claim its the best game ever to have played anything other than FIFA and COD.
    I don't think you really "got" Silent Hill 2.
    What a stupid ignorant statement.
    Well it's not a journey, it isn't about your experiences, and it has intentionally poor gameplay. So the three things you said about it are all wrong.
  • spamdangled 1 Jan 2013 13:19:11 27,485 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    Trashing "indie" games with a broad brush is only unpopular in the same way that being densely illogical is unpopular; it's a nonsense statement.
    And its densely (if thats even a word) unpopular to think just because its indie "itz da awesome innit" that most are jumping on the hype bandwagon like you.
    Its got nothing to do with indie games being good or bad. Is got everything to do with some GAMES are good and some are bad.

Saying that there's no such thing as a good indie game is like saying there are literally no good games on the ps3 or any othe format.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Moot_Point 1 Jan 2013 13:23:01 4,625 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Most laughable comment so far. Maybe you are buying or playing the wrong indie games.
    I think you didn't look at the thread title. Its a opinion and an unpopular one at that.

And I'm talking about the so called best of the best indie games like Journey. Run to the mountain for 1 hour. OMG this is amazing!!! deh best game eva!!!
    /sarcasm
    Yes. So your broad and sweeping statement showed you were duped into buying and playing the worst that the indie titles have to offer. There are as many AAA dross games out there as there are indie dross. I would prefer to spend 5.99 to find out a game is shit, rather than 29.99.

Ed: XCOM being the perfect example of AAA dross.

Edited by Moot_Point at 13:26:23 01-01-2013

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Kay 1 Jan 2013 13:23:46 17,971 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I don't get the appeal of the 3DS. The 3D effect is pretty poor, it's uncomfortable to hold for prolonged periods and offers little more than the DS.
    I love the 3D effect, and with Nintendo's signature colourful games it can look just as gorgeous as the Vita's high-res display, imo. Other than that it's basically a more powerful version of the original DS, with the addition of a circle pad. It's a bit like saying that, second analogue stick aside, the Vita offers little over the PSP! :)

Edited by Kay at 13:24:52 01-01-2013
  • UncleLou Moderator 1 Jan 2013 13:31:49 35,855 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't know what "indie" means.

Here's a hint: it's not a genre.
  • brigadier 1 Jan 2013 13:41:40 151 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't get why Megaman is a popular series. Of the ones I've played, I've found them all a bit boring.
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 15:20:14
    You completed any?
  • Psychotext 1 Jan 2013 15:41:39 55,051 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do you get clunge if you complete them or something?
  • Syrette 1 Jan 2013 15:47:53 44,268 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is DarkSpaceDS revan8?

• Page

of 139 First / Last