• Syrette 21 Nov 2013 18:02:12 43,296 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why is Charlie such a sensitive girl?

;)

• Deleted user 21 November 2013 18:09:04
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    Trials Evolution is the best game of the last generation.
    I kind of preferred the first one.

... the original game was talked about for years on here whereas the Trials Evolution thread pottered about for less than a year before diminishing altogether unfortunately.
    Charlie is the winner :)

I liked Evo a lot, but it just pales compared to HD in my estimation, probably because of the HUGE amount of time I invested perfecting my skills in HD. Sadly my skills had grown to a point where I'd Platinumed most tracks in Evo within a week.

There was less of an EG competitiveness about Evo as well, not sure why exactly, HD rivalries were hardcore in comparison :)

Track Central on Evo though, wow that is still superb.
  • King_Edward 21 Nov 2013 18:09:32 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mario gets a free ride. That's not necessarily a criticism as such. I'm just saying I could probably write a review for the next 3D mario game now, and be pretty much in line with the actual reviewers. Which is kind of ridiculous.

It's not alone either. Zelda, Naughty Dog, Bethesda and few others.
  • Paulie_P 21 Nov 2013 19:24:23 413 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @King_Edward I'm not sure about that, the latest Zelda has had mixed reviews from various websites.
  • morriss 21 Nov 2013 19:26:05 70,942 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The new LotRO expansion, Helm's Deep - is nothing short of incredible.
  • King_Edward 21 Nov 2013 20:04:33 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Paulie_P

Which Zelda is that? A Link between Worlds and Skyward Sword are both sitting pretty on Metacritic.
  • bobdebob 21 Nov 2013 23:35:20 586 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Mario gets a free ride. That's not necessarily a criticism as such. I'm just saying I could probably write a review for the next 3D mario game now, and be pretty much in line with the actual reviewers. Which is kind of ridiculous.

It's not alone either. Zelda, Naughty Dog, Bethesda and few others.
    I'd say it's a side effect of getting older and having played many games and their sequels.
    They're reviewing those games with new eyes, i.e. new players/kid's eyes.
    I'm sure Skyward Sword and Super Mario Land 3D are worth the high scores they got to new time players but to me they give me a sense of deja vu despite the new gimmicks.

(That same sense of deja vu is sort of creeping into all games for me and I don't think it's entirely the game developers' fault, there's onl so much you can do to make games fresh.)
  • -cerberus- 7 Dec 2013 00:53:54 2,709 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Unpopular opinion: I think Folklore makes the best use of sixaxis controls.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• DrStrangelove 7 Dec 2013 01:06:17 3,723 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I find it hard to believe that anything makes any non-dreadful use of sixaxis motion controls
  • andytheadequate 7 Dec 2013 02:08:08 8,121 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    Trials Evolution is the best game of the last generation.
    I kind of preferred the first one.

... the original game was talked about for years on here whereas the Trials Evolution thread pottered about for less than a year before diminishing altogether unfortunately.
    Charlie is the winner :)

I liked Evo a lot, but it just pales compared to HD in my estimation, probably because of the HUGE amount of time I invested perfecting my skills in HD. Sadly my skills had grown to a point where I'd Platinumed most tracks in Evo within a week.

There was less of an EG competitiveness about Evo as well, not sure why exactly, HD rivalries were hardcore in comparison :)

Track Central on Evo though, wow that is still superb.
    Evo is the better game, but as you say, we had already learnt all the skills to platinum the tracks relatively easily, whereas it took hours to learn it the first time around in HD.
  • DrStrangelove 12 Dec 2013 00:58:58 3,723 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't get Spelunky. Really, I don't get it. It's not really bad, but not really good either. Is it?
  • Mola_Ram 12 Dec 2013 01:01:55 7,234 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes, it is really good. Heathen.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Dec 2013 01:25:11 7,234 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    FTL and Spelunky are completely different. There is no point comparing the two.
  • PenguinJim 12 Dec 2013 02:13:43 5,834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Because FTL is better.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Dec 2013 02:16:02 7,234 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Spelunky is definitely a better platformer though.
  • JinTypeNoir 12 Dec 2013 02:41:17 4,377 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People who are STILL complaining about Bayonetta 2's exclusivity to the Wii U deserve to have their favorite upcoming canceled and their favorite current game shoved up their ass.

On a completely different note, about the whole FTL/Spelunky thing above, roguelikes are like flavors of ice cream, while objectively chocolate chip cookie dough is the greatest flavor, everyone has a flavor they like and it's pretty hard to argue which is better among the good ones. I would choose either Nethack (even after all these years) or the Torneko series.
  • DrStrangelove 12 Dec 2013 03:22:52 3,723 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    None of them compares remotely to Binding of Isaac.

Which is the game of this generation.

Fact.
  • PenguinJim 12 Dec 2013 04:04:18 5,834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Agreed. Definitely the best Flash game of this generation.
  • RyanDS 12 Dec 2013 08:20:48 9,250 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    People who are STILL complaining about Bayonetta 2's exclusivity to the Wii U deserve to have their favorite upcoming canceled and their favorite current game shoved up their ass.
    But some people liked the first game, and having the sequel on a machine that barely does commodore 64 level of graphics is just fucking annoying.

Not that it matters, if it takes more than 6 months to come out it will have to be multiplat anyway as the Wii U would have folded by then.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2013 08:42:57
    Wonder if the makers will change their mind on Bayonetta 2 once the sales figures come in :)
  • UncleLou Moderator 12 Dec 2013 08:50:45 35,507 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    But some people liked the first game, and having the sequel on a machine that barely does commodore 64 level of graphics is just fucking annoying.
    It's like the history of PC gaming.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2013 08:54:05
    Is anyone really bothered by graphics anymore? Games like To the moon has shown up plenty of tripe "A" games in the past.
  • RyanDS 12 Dec 2013 08:57:36 9,250 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    It's like the history of PC gaming.
    I am torn.

On one hand I would kill to have No One Lives Forever 3, or Tie Fighter 2 made, on a console or not.

On the other hand the lack of joystick for the latter just makes me think it would not be the same and would just be ruined if not a PC exclusive. Not that anyone has joysticks these days.

I miss my force feedback joysticks with 100 buttons, triggers and mini joypad thing on top.
  • mikew1985 12 Dec 2013 09:10:02 12,656 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SG59 wrote:
    Wonder if the makers will change their mind on Bayonetta 2 once the sales figures come in :)
    With Nintendo publishing?

Unlikely.

I'd like to play Bayonetta 2 as much as anyone but without Nintendo ponying up the cash it wouldn't even be getting made so there is very little point in being bitter about it being exclusive to WiiU(bitter comment not aimed at you btw).

If you want to play it that much; buy a Wii U.

Edited by mikew1985 at 09:13:13 12-12-2013
  • nickthegun 12 Dec 2013 09:10:37 59,454 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    For me, its more the fact that, after playing it, I think its a crying shame that a game this brilliant is going to be played by less people than could fit into Old Trafford.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deckard1 12 Dec 2013 09:13:01 27,706 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Who's complaining?

Hush you ponce

• RyanDS 12 Dec 2013 09:14:15 9,250 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Who's complaining?
    No one actually.  I honestly haven't even seen the game mentioned in months.  Let alone see it being moaned about as an exclusive.
  • ubergine 12 Dec 2013 09:14:40 2,334 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dark Souls isn't difficult in a good way, it's difficult in a "This is boring and why am I doing this and HOW do I do it anyway but mostly why do it?" way.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• nickthegun 12 Dec 2013 09:22:38 59,454 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The weird thing is, the version I played seemed to be the finished version.

Because nintendo are special like that, they appeared to have the full version on the demo pods, requiring a helper monkey to go through the menus to select the first level and then quit out of it manually when you finished rather than, i dunno, having an actual demo that didnt require a human to nanny the player so they didnt accidentally choose the end credits.

That being the case... why the hell isnt it out yet?

because nintendo are fucking useless

Edited by nickthegun at 09:23:13 12-12-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Page

of 132 First / Last