Unpopular gaming opinions Page 57

• Page

of 130 First / Last

• Dgzter 1 Apr 2013 00:46:26 138 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I fucking loved FMV adventure games! Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within is my fondest memory in gaming.

I really miss Sierra :(
  • Shikasama 1 Apr 2013 00:46:31 6,710 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jacksie66 wrote:
    I didn't like fallout 3
    Why I oughta....

Played it recently again though and fucking loved it
    Aaaa! Check out the bawls on dis guy! C'mere ya moron!
  • Jacksie66 1 Apr 2013 00:53:46 572 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A friend of mine told me he thought metal gear solid was shit.
    I beat him... Hard.
  • Shikasama 1 Apr 2013 01:16:34 6,710 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jacksie66 wrote:
    I beat him... Hard.
    I don't think that means hat you think it means
  • DrStrangelove 1 Apr 2013 01:33:29 3,586 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metal Gear Solid is shit.
  • modula 1 Apr 2013 02:06:59 248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah sorry, I struggle with Metal Gear. Shit 7 hour cutscenes aside, I just find it all a bit clunky and massively inconsistent. Also really did not like Arkham City (loved Asylum though)
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Apr 2013 03:20:06 7,962 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jacksie66 wrote:
    I didn't like fallout 3

Played it recently again though and fucking loved it
    I am the same. I often play large open world games for a bit and hate them. Then return to them later and think they are awesome. Also see Red Dead, Oblivion and GTAIV.

San Andreas is the only one I have returned to and still not liked.
  • mal 1 Apr 2013 04:04:30 22,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I didn't even get to the open world bit in Fallout 3 before giving up on it.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• PazJohnMitch 1 Apr 2013 04:21:13 7,962 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Neither did I on my first attempt.

That is often the problem with these games is that there is a 90 minute dull tutorial bit at the beginning which I often do not have the patience to finish.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Apr 2013 12:33:11 10,506 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fallout 3 is utterly amazing, Deserves agood few hours to evaluate it.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• RobTheBuilder 1 Apr 2013 12:40:58 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @JinTypeNoir Super Hang On 3D, also FZero 3D would be amazing too
  • Kay 1 Apr 2013 12:42:20 17,798 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    mal wrote:
    Neither did I on my first attempt.

That is often the problem with these games is that there is a 90 minute dull tutorial bit at the beginning which I often do not have the patience to finish.
    Fallout 3 had one of the best openings of any game ever!
  • RobTheBuilder 1 Apr 2013 12:42:42 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS I didn't like the brownness but after slogging through the start I thought it got excellent very very quickly.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 1 Apr 2013 12:53:33 6,654 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Best game ever imo.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 1 Apr 2013 12:53:51 6,654 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    maybe mario galaxy
  • gelf 1 Apr 2013 12:55:01 188 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I finished Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I enjoyed both at times but they did feel like a real boring slog for long periods and I wouldn't blame anyone for giving up on them.
  • RyanDS 1 Apr 2013 12:57:34 9,156 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    maybe mario galaxy
    Finished that last week. I found it soulless, with small linear levels that lacked the scale, charm and ambition of Mario 64. The camera was also poor and accounted for 50% of my deaths and the less said about the waggle to spin shit the better.

The sad thing is that there is a rather good game underneath it all, and with a pad it would have been a solid 8, maybe even 9/10, but as it was, hampered by the inclusion of waggle and stupid wii mote implementation* it was more 6/10.

*crap racing levels for example that worked by tilt.
  • Kanjin 1 Apr 2013 12:57:53 1,079 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Agreed I can definitely see why people would go off them. But I absolutely loved them. Wouldn't go back now I've finished everything twice though.

I actually enjoyed Deus Ex: Invisible War. And that Snowblind game that was based off it.
  • RyanDS 1 Apr 2013 12:59:34 9,156 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As regards Fallout 3 I started 3 times and just didn't like it. Then I tried just exploring the world and taking it all in, rather than sticking to the main plot. Next thing you know it's 100 hours later and it's one of my favourite games ever.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 1 Apr 2013 13:00:19 6,654 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    maybe mario galaxy
    Finished that last week. I found it soulless, with small linear levels that lacked the scale, charm and ambition of Mario 64. The camera was also poor and accounted for 50% of my deaths and the less said about the waggle to spin shit the better.

The sad thing is that there is a rather good game underneath it all, and with a pad it would have been a solid 8, maybe even 9/10, but as it was, hampered by the inclusion of waggle and stupid wii mote implementation* it was more 6/10.

Horses for courses. We humans are beautiful and fickle
  • Mr-Brett 1 Apr 2013 13:01:28 12,746 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I loved Fallout 3 but I couldn't play New Vegas for the same reason that I didn't play the Fallout 3 DLC, I'd already had enough of that world. After 100+ hours of game I'm pretty happy to call it done and Vegas just seemed like more of the same.

While I'm here, I don't understand why people rate the Witcher games. They just seem average at best in every way.

Portable view - Never forget.

• RyanDS 1 Apr 2013 13:01:38 9,156 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    maybe mario galaxy

Heh, agreed. Hence me posting this in this thread. I am aware I am in the minority on this one.
  • thedaveeyres 1 Apr 2013 13:02:52 10,809 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Itsa me(diocre)!

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Armoured_Bear 1 Apr 2013 13:02:54 10,506 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    maybe mario galaxy

Each to their own and all that but I can't possibly understand "soulless"...

• Mr-Brett 1 Apr 2013 13:03:03 12,746 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nicely sums up the entire thread.

Portable view - Never forget.

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 1 Apr 2013 13:03:51 6,654 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You need to post in the Wii thread tbh, a good amount agree with you, but the hardcore Nintendo fans will try to tear you a new one :D
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Apr 2013 13:04:41 10,506 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    I loved Fallout 3 but I couldn't play New Vegas for the same reason that I didn't play the Fallout 3 DLC, I'd already had enough of that world. After 100+ hours of game I'm pretty happy to call it done and Vegas just seemed like more of the same.

While I'm here, I don't understand why people rate the Witcher games. They just seem average at best in every way.
    Witcher 2 takes awhile to get going but the world, characters, story and gameplay are utterly superb. Easily one of the games of this gen for me.

• RyanDS 1 Apr 2013 13:09:01 9,156 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    maybe mario galaxy

Each to their own and all that but I can't possibly understand "soulless"...
    Nearly all Nintendo games feel soulless to me.

I think it's something to do with the lack of plots, characterisation and voice work.

If Mario had some sort of character that made me relate even slightly or gave me some reason for doing stuff I would probably like it more. Intellectually I understand that they have a gameplay only philosophy and don't want to distract from that, but emotionally that just bores me.
  • Page

of 130 First / Last