Unpopular gaming opinions Page 56

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• Deleted user 31 March 2013 11:31:56
    Yeah campers are annoying but there is nothing wrong with it, I just hate it because it messes up with my running about like a mad man tactic.
  • Stranded87 31 Mar 2013 11:50:41 890 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I've never got the hate for campers- well I kind of have, because they can be annoying, particularly if either you're not very good at the game or it has bad level design- but then that's on you or the game designers respectively. The act of camping itself is fine, it's not cheating, it's a valid strategy and in fact it's arguably more of a 'strategy' than running around like a mad man as so many other players (like mowgli and to be fair I myself) do in certain games.
  • Rusty_M 31 Mar 2013 12:06:03 4,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Best sci-fi racer IMO was Rollcage Stage II. It was brilliant in almost every way and really improved on its predecessor, even if it did slip somewhat under the radar.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• drhcnip 31 Mar 2013 12:31:03 2,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    loved rollcage 2, especially the puzzle stages
  • Progguitarist 31 Mar 2013 12:37:40 10,438 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite is mutton dressed as lamb.
  • Madder-Max 31 Mar 2013 12:46:26 11,649 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sleeping dogs is poo. Mass effect citadel dlc is over rated poo.

Lost planet multiplayer was the best example of a lobby system and was such a well designed game that it actively encouraged communication and teamwork. The only reason I say was the best, is that there is no one playing it anymore, despite multiplayer being well populated as recently as 2011.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Anthony_UK 31 Mar 2013 12:55:44 2,492 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Homefront was the better multilayer game on consoles compared to Battlefield BC2 & 3

Can't even believe I said that
  • Madder-Max 31 Mar 2013 13:00:59 11,649 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Homefront was a great mp game (the servers are still switched off crytek! Grrrrr) not a patch on bf3 though because of the vehicle unlocks which lead to the last 2 or 3 mins of every match being mental with everone unlocking tanks choppers and stuff

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Anthony_UK 31 Mar 2013 13:13:07 2,492 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I actually loved how the matches gradually intensified as the battles went on. I just think they nailed the mix of a COD style shooter and Battlefield, they kept the pace of Call of Duty while still allowing for the vehicles and strategic element of Battlefield. I actually can't wait to see what Crytek come up with for the sequel.

But to be fair Battlefield 3 when it all clicks isn't far off perfection, it's just so much hard work to get a decent game. Also half the maps really are far to big for console.
  • CharlieStCloud 31 Mar 2013 14:02:04 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Yeah campers are annoying but there is nothing wrong with it, I just hate it because it messes up with my running about like a mad man tactic.
    I dislike campers in the sense that I struggle to see how they enjoy just sitting in one spot, for blooming ages and wait for someone to appear in their line of sight.

... that's surely the most tediously dull thing imaginable?

Whilst Halo 4 has a few niggles as well as a slight Call of Duty-esque inspiration however, the new add-on/DLC maps are quite a fair bit more punishing for campers and I 'ecking love it!

: )
  • kinky_mong 31 Mar 2013 14:10:45 10,265 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The only time campers are actually arseholes is when they're on your team when you're playing an objective game and they're not PTFO.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• joeymoto108 31 Mar 2013 14:12:17 641 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Videogames are for manchildren.
    Oh, and who gives a shit about whether games are art or not? Not I.

Edited by joeymoto108 at 14:12:47 31-03-2013

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• RobTheBuilder 31 Mar 2013 14:17:22 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @JinTypeNoir that sounds amazing!
  • jonsaan 31 Mar 2013 17:24:34 25,352 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If it's anything like GTA 4 you can keep it. That felt like an empty sandbox to me too.

FCUTA!

• FrostPan 31 Mar 2013 17:44:17 185 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Rockstar are awful at game design. Especially the GTA games, the monotonous tasks that plague these games make me wonder why this series is so well acclaimed. Granted, they do know how to make a stellar script, an immersive world and interesting characters, but the copy and paste laborious missions ain't just worth for me to play through them.

I haven't played GTA4 and the later games though (apart from Chinatown Wars). So maybe I would like the series from there.

Half Life 2 is a okay game, but certainly not one of the best games of all time.

The story in Final Fantasy X is awful. As for the gameplay, it's okay.
  • Ka-blamo 31 Mar 2013 17:45:54 7,349 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Bioshock Infinite is mutton dressed as lamb.
    What do you mean? Same old gaming mechanics sold as a new innovative system?
  • RobTheBuilder 31 Mar 2013 17:46:24 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FrostPan I agree about GTA, I've found Saints Row to be the reverse of that - less immersive and technical world but a better more fun game
  • Ka-blamo 31 Mar 2013 17:50:03 7,349 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    I dislike campers in the sense that I struggle to see how they enjoy just sitting in one spot, for blooming ages and wait for someone to appear in their line of sight.

... that's surely the most tediously dull thing ever
    It's the same as fishing or hunting, nothing, nothing, nothing, then suddenly it's your moment!

I hate campers but only when I'm not one
  • FrostPan 31 Mar 2013 17:52:00 185 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @RobTheBuilder

Yeah, I heard the SR games are great. Definitely will need to give the series a try. If the games are at the same level or more of fun I had with Sleeping Dogs, count me in.
  • RobTheBuilder 31 Mar 2013 18:15:20 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FrostPan I wasn't keen on the second, but SRIII is very good.
    I like Sleeping Dogs, but I'd say SRIII is more fun.
  • King_Edward 31 Mar 2013 23:25:12 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You're confusing content with stupid. San Andreas was full of stupid.
  • King_Edward 31 Mar 2013 23:42:21 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A lot of the stuff you would probably call content, I would call stupid. Like Gang wars and fitness. For the most part San Andreas was pointlessly huge and barren. I liked dressing up though. I wish they'd done a lot better with that in GTA4.
  • Raiko101 31 Mar 2013 23:46:49 6,295 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah the fitness thing was stupid. The friendships and relationships are both stupid, too. Even if the former is exclusively in IV.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• JinTypeNoir 1 Apr 2013 00:09:39 4,386 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I shouldn't say anything, because I've only really played Grand Theft Auto 3, but if Rockstar still has people in that company who are the caliber of the days when they were called DMA Design and made games like Lemmings and Space Station Silicon Valley, I think its less they suck at game design and more that somewhere in all the fame and money they've acquired parts of the game get lost in all the other parts. In other words, more than a little of it probably has to do with the publishing side.

I'm inspired to comment because even though I have so little exposure to their recent games, an outfit as famous as them making stuff like Bully and Rockstar Table Tennis suggests they are very good at it, but they may not be allowed to cut or make a game like they would if they were not so famous.

Not that this is an excuse. To a certain extent everyone who hits it big has this problem. It is just that it is no real measure of how much talent they have in game design.

RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @JinTypeNoir that sounds amazing!
    Are you referring to Super Hang-On 3D or F-Zero GX? I'm kind of confused. :p Either way, yes, both are amazing.
  • Jacksie66 1 Apr 2013 00:40:25 572 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I didn't like fallout 3

Played it recently again though and fucking loved it
  • Page

of 132 First / Last