Unpopular gaming opinions Page 53

• Page

of 133 First / Last

• PazJohnMitch 3 Feb 2013 04:57:06 8,624 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:
    Max Payne 3 outstays its welcome by about 6 hours and the shooting controls on 360 are dogshit.
    You are a dick.

Mp3 is the greatest ever action game.
    I remember when the second to last level ended I thought that was the last level and when I realised there was one more I yayed.
    I have to agree with Sir Hirsuite Derriere that Max Payne 3 was a bit shit.
  • spamdangled 3 Feb 2013 05:26:43 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I tried so hard to love MP3, especially after the sublime second game. But yeah... MP3 was indeed a bit on the shite side, at least compared to its predecessors. Just didn't feel like Max Payne.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 3 Feb 2013 05:28:09 27,428 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Here's one:

The Secret World is possibly the best MMO ever made, even despite the odd bug.

It also has the friendliest community in an mmo.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Triggerhappytel 3 Feb 2013 09:42:04 2,695 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought the controls in MP3 were brilliant and on a technical level it was stunning, but I found the gameplay much too repetitive, the plot was utter balls (filled with contemptuous characters doing stupid things) and the level design didn't really stir me one way or the other. And it definitely went on longer than it should.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 09:45:27
    You all have terrible taste and have invalid opinions compared to mine.
  • Spunkweazle 3 Feb 2013 20:52:41 470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Am I the only person not at all bothered about another GTA game, the last one was a piss poor shooter with some shitty driving and some glitchy crappy missions, and yet everyone raves because it has a big map

http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/
    dedicated to supporting the children of men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces.

• King_Edward 3 Feb 2013 21:05:48 11,467 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm sure you're not the only one. I however, am not with you.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 21:08:57
    I loved 4 at the time. At times the world was beautiful. Can't say that about any other game.

Maybe Rayman. And Skyrim. Well a few, but my point is, it was beautiful.
  • gelf 6 Feb 2013 13:32:33 188 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Crafting, I don't understand the appeal of it or why it seems to be the in thing to add on to games now. Scavenging the game world looking for various trinkets always feels like needless busy work to pad out game length. There are far more enjoyable ways to enable a player to earn new weapons items etc.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Feb 2013 13:54:43 15,239 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spunkweazle wrote:
    Am I the only person not at all bothered about another GTA game, the last one was a piss poor shooter with some shitty driving and some glitchy crappy missions, and yet everyone raves because it has a big map
    Thing is
    GTA would be worth buying for the DJ's and Radio stations, the fact we get a game as well is gravy-baby ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• imamazed 6 Feb 2013 13:55:38 5,903 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Land of the Dead: Road To Fiddler's Green is the greatest FPS ever made.
  • Raiko101 6 Feb 2013 18:15:15 6,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I agree with that statement when considering GTA 3 and Vice City. San Andreas had some good moments too, and the music was great. GTA IV is horrific though. If ever I play it, I have to station hop to find the few tracks I do like and avoid almost all the chatter.

I really hope things pick up with 5.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• SomaticSense 6 Feb 2013 19:10:53 8,989 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vice City aside, I don't really give a shit about the music in a GTA game.

In most other genres music is massively important to me. A good game can become amazing to me if it has a stellar soundtrack to go along with the merely decent gameplay. But GTA is the one franchise where I never felt the music mattered that much. I find this weird seeing as so many people care about GTA's music licences, yet couldn't give a toss about the score in the latest fantasy RPG.

I guess it's similar to that 'advert music' syndrome. Where people tend to gravitate towards the music they hear in the background every day.

For me GTA's soundtrack is all about the chat stations.
  • PazJohnMitch 6 Feb 2013 19:34:28 8,624 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Agree entirely with SomaticSense.
  • TarickStonefire 7 Feb 2013 15:28:02 3,334 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was in favour of the 'online pass' concept, whereby new games come with a one-time-use code that unlocks some non-essential but highly desirable feature (MP, for example), and second-hand purchasers who got the game for far less but whose purchase never registers with the publisher/dev can choose if they want that content or not. Yes, it's open to abuse with stupid prices etc, but the concept made sense to me.

The reason I didn't have a massive issue with it, although my wallet might have disagreed, is that retailers get to snaffle away 100% of a second-hand sale and I don't think that's remotely fair on the developer, who has to accept that completely skewed sales figures may utterly fuck up their chances to make their next game.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• themightydux 7 Feb 2013 15:37:48 10 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    I was in favour of the 'online pass' concept, whereby new games come with a one-time-use code that unlocks some non-essential but highly desirable feature (MP, for example), and second-hand purchasers who got the game for far less but whose purchase never registers with the publisher/dev can choose if they want that content or not. Yes, it's open to abuse with stupid prices etc, but the concept made sense to me.

The reason I didn't have a massive issue with it, although my wallet migh
    t have disagreed, is that retailers get to snaffle away 100% of a second-hand sale and I don't think that's remotely fair on the developer, who has to accept that completely skewed sales figures may utterly fuck up their chances to make their next game.

I concur.

Edited by themightydux at 15:38:30 07-02-2013
  • kickerconspiracy 13 Feb 2013 20:05:33 494 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aliens Colonial Marines is clearly a foetid pile of dung, but it's really not that much worse than Max Payne 3 and Borderlands 2.
  • Dirtbox 13 Feb 2013 20:10:56 78,897 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Borderlands 2 is a foetid pile of dung? Edgy.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 13 February 2013 20:12:26
    Hated Max Payne. When it let you do things it was sometimes great, usually ok with flashes of badness. Unfortunately 90% of the game is boring cutscenes, half the time interrupting or taking over the action for no good reason.
  • kickerconspiracy 13 Feb 2013 20:14:10 494 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dirtbox

I thought it was incredibly repetitive and boring.
  • ibenam 13 Feb 2013 21:23:32 1,500 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GTA 3 was the height of GTA and indeed all sandbox games.
  • andytheadequate 13 Feb 2013 21:46:25 8,325 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ibenam wrote:
    I played it for the first time a few years ago and thought it was pretty terrible compared to later games. I'm sure it was utterly revolutionary for its time though
  • ibenam 13 Feb 2013 22:57:11 1,500 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    ibenam wrote:

I played it for the first time a few years ago and thought it was pretty terrible compared to later games. I'm sure it was utterly revolutionary for its time though
    I played it on a tablet last month and even without physical keys had a great time.

Meeting 8 ball again brought a tear to my eye.
  • Kid_Icarus 14 Feb 2013 00:13:42 555 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kickerconspiracy wrote:
    @Dirtbox

I thought it was incredibly repetitive and boring.
    Exactly. It's essentially an MMO with all the repetitive quests, it feels like you're just grinding for better loot.

The characters and world make up for it in my eyes though. That plus the split screen co-op anyway.
  • kickerconspiracy 14 Feb 2013 07:59:09 494 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The larger environments that the first game didn't have seemed to work against it. There seemed to be huge swathes of fuck all or legions of the same dull enemies to fight as you've been forced to backtrack on another tedious "collect X of this" "Kill X of that" quest.

Edited by kickerconspiracy at 08:38:08 14-02-2013
  • grey_matters 14 Feb 2013 08:16:30 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pro Cycling Manager 2012, despite being a buggy mess on release, is great fun.
  • lordofthedunce 14 Feb 2013 08:18:54 379 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After playing the first BL and loving it, I played most of the second before suddenly waking from what seemed like a coma, ejecting the disc and deciding not to play it any more.
  • RyanDS 14 Feb 2013 09:58:31 9,744 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BL?
  • cubbymoore 14 Feb 2013 10:02:06 36,503 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Border Lands.
  • Page

of 133 First / Last