Unpopular gaming opinions Page 40

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• Deckard1 4 Jan 2013 10:09:22 27,699 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dark Souls is too fucking hard. I no longer have time to play the same section of a game 47 fucking times to pass it. I hope the next one is considerably easier, not only because I'll enjoy it more, but also just for the nerd rage. Also make it a cover shooter.

Edited by Deckard1 at 10:09:50 04-01-2013

Hush you ponce

• UncleLou Moderator 4 Jan 2013 10:11:11 35,507 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @jonsaan Interesting - I've only ever played the first two (and on the PC) - I *loved* the first one, and thought the second one was - without exaggerating - terrible. I never completed it. I thought it looked like arse, and had none of the great level design and dynamic encounters the first one had.
  • sport 4 Jan 2013 10:13:48 12,693 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Dark Souls is too fucking hard. I no longer have time to play the same section of a game 47 fucking times to pass it. I hope the next one is considerably easier, not only because I'll enjoy it more, but also just for the nerd rage. Also make it a cover shooter.
    Mate, I luv ya, but if the next DS is easier to accommodate "noobs", I'll personally stick my Balder Side Sword in your Talisman!
  • jonsaan 4 Jan 2013 10:14:12 25,342 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @UncleLou I played the first one on XBox. And (not sure of my game version memory) I think I came to it on XBox after being into Quake 3 and Unreall tournament on PC. So it struck me as a bit awful on a technical level.

Edited by jonsaan at 10:14:55 04-01-2013

FCUTA!

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 4 Jan 2013 10:16:02 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I agree tbh. Never made it past the first grinding spot. I got twenty hours of gameplay just levelling. Wether that constitutes value for money fuck knows.
  • sport 4 Jan 2013 10:19:26 12,693 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    I agree tbh. Never made it past the first grinding spot. I got twenty hours of gameplay just levelling. Wether that constitutes value for money fuck knows.
    What's the first grinding spot?
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 4 Jan 2013 10:28:23 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was trying to remember tbh. Past the first boss, up the side of the cliff, past the entrance to the first shop seller;

There is a stretch of enemies, it might be called something village, or town.

There is a bonfire, then a several parapets (sp?).

It's about twenty minutes of gameplay, before the level forks off into two choices, one, lower, there is a big knight that batters you; the other option is to follow the path up to the left, where there is a white light doorway which leads to a bridge and a boss fight?

Any bells?
  • spamdangled 4 Jan 2013 10:29:17 27,276 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was trying to remember tbh. Past the first boss, up the side of the cliff, past the entrance to the first shop seller;

There is a stretch of enemies, it might be called something village, or town.

There is a bonfire, then a several parapets (sp?).

It's about twenty minutes of gameplay, before the level forks off into two choices, one, lower, there is a big knight that batters you; the other option is to follow the path up to the left, where there is a white light doorway which leads to a bridge and a boss fight?

Any bells?
    Sounds like Undead Burg you're describing.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• sport 4 Jan 2013 10:34:47 12,693 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yup, Undead Burg just before the Tauras Demon - utterly smashed me the first few times until you learn he's a pussy against lightning (which you can apply to your weapon)
  • spamdangled 4 Jan 2013 10:35:49 27,276 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is that the one on the bridge? Just climb up the ladder and do a couple of drop-stabs, he soon goes down.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 4 Jan 2013 10:37:11 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah that rings a bell :D
  • sport 4 Jan 2013 10:41:04 12,693 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah that rings a bell :D
    I posted this in the Dark Souls thread and beware that it obviously contains spoilers but here's someone doing a speedrun of DS without ever levelling up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu9hZZNEEcY

Obviously they're insanely good but just shows you that grinding isn't entirely necessary.

DS is one of the few games where I don't mind reading the wiki guide for tips as I play.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 4 Jan 2013 10:51:02 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I bought the Steam version tbh, so I still own it.

I'm a sucker for games that I consider a subject; much like fighting games with frame counting and the way you can break the mathematics down in them.

I buy them but never have the time or the follow through to actually learn the lore or the mechanics; but Dark Souls is one of the videogames that I admire people that have become good at it.

Like how I know the names of the best Japanese Virtua Fighter players.

Sad fookin bastard really.
  • Darknight 4 Jan 2013 11:05:52 297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I find the controls in Resident Evil 1-3 great and have never had any problems with them.

In fact, I find the homogenized controls that are the same in every single game now slightly depressing - half the enjoyment that I got out of alot of the PS1 era games were learning the nuances and mastering a new control system.
  • andytheadequate 4 Jan 2013 11:31:34 8,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't like roguelike games, just don't see their appeal. I've tried a few now and just feel like I'm wasting my time, even if they do have decent mechanics

Edited by andytheadequate at 11:37:45 04-01-2013
  • nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 11:35:09 59,444 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like rougelike. Goes with my mascaralike.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• andytheadequate 4 Jan 2013 11:39:00 8,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I like rougelike. Goes with my mascaralike.
    I don't know what you're on about...

Ignore the 'edited by andytheadequate' bit :)

Edited by andytheadequate at 11:40:08 04-01-2013
  • PazJohnMitch 4 Jan 2013 11:57:27 8,003 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My thoughts on Halo:

Halo: CE bought an Xbox for it and thought it was amazing. Played through it about 6 times. I do know it has aged badly though.

Halo 2: Huge disappointment only completed it once.

Halo 3: If I was to play any one again this would be the one I would chose now. Finished it 3 times. Best of the series for me.

ODST / Wars: Not played.

Reach: Thought single player was a letdown but still ok. Finished twice. Loved multiplayer.

Halo 4: Dabbled with multiplayer at a friends and thought it was inferior to Reach.
  • PazJohnMitch 4 Jan 2013 11:58:43 8,003 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I also thought the Dark Souls difficulty was spot on for everything except one boss fight.
  • MadCaddy13 4 Jan 2013 12:13:26 1,880 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That speed play of dark souls has lowered my opinion of it even further. If you can do that on a game then they should fix it IMO.
  • sport 4 Jan 2013 12:14:49 12,693 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    That speed play of dark souls has lowered my opinion of it even further. If you can do that on a game then they should fix it IMO.
    Try it yourself - easy peasy!
  • Abdu@EG 4 Jan 2013 12:24:58 17 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I also thought the Dark Souls difficulty was spot on for everything except one boss fight.
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough?
    The Four Kings?

Edited by Abdu@EG at 12:25:53 04-01-2013
  • the_dudefather 4 Jan 2013 12:28:32 9,281 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Capra demon was like a brick wall of difficulty for me only up to Sen's Fortress though and I'm probably terrible at the game

/Enter arena
    /Dog nibbles you 0.2 seconds later
    /Demon murders you within the next second or two
    /Try again

Edited by the_dudefather at 12:29:33 04-01-2013

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• kinky_mong 4 Jan 2013 12:32:53 10,137 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Well they're at it they should fix those warp pipes in Super Mario Bros. What's the point even having World 2,3,5,6 & 7 if you can skip them?!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• sport 4 Jan 2013 12:36:48 12,693 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Well they're at it they should fix those warp pipes in Super Mario Bros. What's the point even having World 2,3,5,6 & 7 if you can skip them?!
    Or fix those ridiculous rocket jump and strafe jumping glitches in Quake that allow ANY gamer to complete it in like 5 minutes.
  • Pumpatron 4 Jan 2013 12:41:44 374 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Regarding Halo.

I've enjoyed all the games to different degrees.

But my biggest disappointment of the series is Halo 3, which is often cited as the best.
    But I found it lacking in level design, story and visuals.

I still enjoyed it, just didn't live up to my expectations.
  • spamdangled 4 Jan 2013 12:47:19 27,276 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Or maybe the guy is just really, really good at the game through extreme practice to a level that most people can only dream of.

• SparkyMarky81 4 Jan 2013 12:47:32 565 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dark Souls isn't that hard. The difficulty is knowing where to go and what to do next, not beating the enemies. I think I have died as many times playing Halo 4 as I have playing Dark Souls.

Just wait for the enemy to attack, block or dodge then return fire! Rinse and repeat.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 12:51:50
    Dark souls talk is somehow more boring than WoW talk, probably because WoW is at least an enjoyable game ;)
  • andytheadequate 4 Jan 2013 12:56:13 8,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SparkyMarky81 wrote:
    Dark Souls isn't that hard. The difficulty is knowing where to go and what to do next, not beating the enemies. I think I have died as many times playing Halo 4 as I have playing Dark Souls.

Just wait for the enemy to attack, block or dodge then return fire! Rinse and repeat.
    This is why I don't understand why everyone loves the combat. Waiting for the enemy to attack, block, then hit them back is the basis of nearly every single melee based combat game
  • Page

of 132 First / Last