Unpopular gaming opinions Page 38

• Page

of 130 First / Last

• bobdebob 1 Jan 2013 22:10:38 553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I think Kojima needs a writing partner. Somebody to reign him in when he takes things too far. The whole Liquid Snake arm on Ocelot thing was just woeful. One of the most cringe-worthy moments in gaming.
    It's way too late for anyone to reign in the story now, check out how Kojima tries to fix the hand thing in MGS4.

There were 2 translators for MGS1 and MGS2 who tried to fix his dialogue for the localised versions but Kojima fired the MGS1 translator for making too many changes (which is why MGS1 script is much tighter than the rest of the series, still dodgy mind you but tighter) and the MGS2 translator was forced to one-to-one translations resulting in stupid dialogue and redundancies. There are interviews with them floating about on the internet.
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Jan 2013 22:13:43 7,838 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For me the controller is the usually the governing factor on which console I buy a game for.

For one of my mates it whichever console is the quietest. (Currently the 360 Slim but the PS3 phat won the battle against his old premium).
  • Iain815 1 Jan 2013 22:54:52 407 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got Sniper Elite for xmas, knew about that bad reviews so traded it in for Dishonoured instead. I donít like it.

The controls are clunky and a pain in the arse (the amount of times of I raised my sword to block instead choking is ridiculous), the graphics are poor (whatís with the really bad textures?), the AI is bland and trying to teleport onto ledges requires a lot of accuracy.

I just canít get into it at all. Every time Iíve quit is because of frustration. ďItís like Deus ExĒ my arse. Think Iíll just trade it in again.

Have at me!
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Jan 2013 23:06:21 3,937 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Iain815

Completely agree, Dishonoured bored me stiff, was genuinely stunned to see it score GotY.

Deus Ex is absolute cack too, mind you ;)

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 23:06:58 01-01-2013
  • spamdangled 1 Jan 2013 23:09:25 27,271 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I think Kojima needs a writing partner. Somebody to reign him in when he takes things too far. The whole Liquid Snake arm on Ocelot thing was just woeful. One of the most cringe-worthy moments in gaming.
    His collaborative efforts have generally been pretty poor imo.
    Boktai says hi! So does Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Edited by darkmorgado at 23:11:03 01-01-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• King_Edward 1 Jan 2013 23:23:05 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    His collaborative efforts have generally been pretty poor imo.
    Boktai says hi! So does Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
    I haven't played Boktai, but Lords of Shadow was one of the specific ones I was thinking of. Total shite.
  • monkehhh 1 Jan 2013 23:52:55 3,279 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS Fuck off.
  • DFawkes 1 Jan 2013 23:53:06 22,619 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There are other reasons it might've been rated highly by others, like other people having differing opinions and really enjoying it.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 2 January 2013 00:16:03
    Oh good. We haven't reached the point of saturation then where every game must be everything to everyone.

Dishonored is a funny one. Personally, I love it because the depth of world building that's gone in to it is so immense. It's very obvious the team wanted to create, a living, breathing dystopian fantasy and let the player truly live in and experience it.

On the other hand, I can see why that doesn't appeal to certain mindsets who want everything to be 'just so' and just get on with the game they purchased in the first place and have everything implicitly spelled out to them along the way.
  • Mr-Brett 2 Jan 2013 00:28:43 12,723 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's amazing how many people think that opinions are unchallengeable and that not liking something is the same as it being shit. It's a delicious mix of arrogance and ignorance, put on a low heat for anywhere between 10-30 years and brought to the boil in a gaming forum, served with a side helping of petty insults to really finish the dish off.

Portable view - Never forget.

• monkehhh 2 Jan 2013 00:32:07 3,279 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Absolutely nothing against differing opinions, DarkSpaceDS is just annoying :)
  • Psychotext 2 Jan 2013 00:32:37 53,855 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That said, many games are shit yet people still queue up to defend them as masterpieces for whatever reason. You've got to love hobbies which inspire that sort of behaviour.

THEME HOSPITAL 4 LIEF YO!
  • MadCaddy13 2 Jan 2013 00:49:22 1,858 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • spamdangled 2 Jan 2013 01:04:35 27,271 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    It's amazing how many people think that opinions are unchallengeable and that not liking something is the same as it being shit. It's a delicious mix of arrogance and ignorance, put on a low heat for anywhere between 10-30 years and brought to the boil in a gaming forum, served with a side helping of petty insults to really finish the dish off.
    :D

Pretty accurately describes most threads on the whole forum!

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• the_dudefather 2 Jan 2013 01:21:15 9,208 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    THEME HOSPITAL 4 LIEF YO!
    WE DIAGNOSE TOGETHER
    WE DIE TOGETHER

DOCS 4 LYFE

(ง ͠į ͟ʖ ͡į)

• UncleLou Moderator 2 Jan 2013 06:34:33 35,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    It's amazing how many people think that opinions are unchallengeable and that not liking something is the same as it being shit. It's a delicious mix of arrogance and ignorance.
    I would replace "arrogance" with "stupidity", but yeah. In particular when people start their "criticism" with phrases like "people only like it because...," you can usually safely file them under "idiot". :)
  • Mr-Brett 2 Jan 2013 08:45:14 12,723 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Possibly yeah. I try to avoid calling people idiots as it often seems to be the default response to someone disagreeing. Overall there's too much intellectual elitism, being smart is great but it doesn't mean said person isn't also an asshat. The opposite can be true for the other end of the scale, there's plenty of really nice but intellectually challenged people out there.

@monkehhh That wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular, although trolls love attention so will probably assume it's directed at them.

Also: Is some slack-tongue motherfucker badmouthing Theme Hospital? I'll cut the fucker's excess tongue off with a pasta cutter and bill them for the privilege, that'll teach 'em!

• Widge Moderator 2 Jan 2013 08:49:25 13,273 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bobdebob wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    It's way too late for anyone to reign in the story now, check out how Kojima tries to fix the hand thing in MGS4.
    This is why I think it needs a reboot, or a completely new game but utilising the familiar stealth action mechanic (like Last Of Us will most likely be very Uncharted-y, but fresh settings and characters). Dump all the prior Foxdie and Patriots lore, and start from scratch. Its why the story from the first game was the best, unhindered by all the complex web of baggage.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Rusty_M 2 Jan 2013 09:47:41 4,595 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mr-Brett
    That post reeks of Bloaty Head :D

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Mr-Brett 2 Jan 2013 09:49:16 12,723 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Touchť sir :)

• Steve_Perry 2 Jan 2013 12:00:46 3,656 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Android/IOS games are all a big shiny pile of wank.

99% of them anyway. Touch screen controls ftl.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• mcmonkeyplc 2 Jan 2013 12:02:06 39,388 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    Android/IOS games are all a big shiny pile of wank.

99% of them anyway. Touch screen controls ftl.
    I concur with this.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• SomaticSense 2 Jan 2013 12:05:56 8,002 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I fucking hate the Zelda games.

I've tried again and again (Ocarina, MM, TP...) thinking there must be something wrong with me. But I was bored to tears every time. I even tried 3D Dot Game Heroes and gave up halfway through out of boredom.

It's not even like I dislike the genre itself, as Okami is one of my favourite games of all time.
  • Psychotext 2 Jan 2013 12:11:42 53,855 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Surprisingly you're not the only one here who feels that way. I used to assume I was alone in that opinion too.

/hugs it out
  • SomaticSense 2 Jan 2013 12:15:50 8,002 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It annoys me though, as 99% of the time I fully understand the reasons why I like or dislike a game and can usually put it into words.

The Zelda franchise makes up that entire 1%.
  • cubbymoore 2 Jan 2013 12:18:41 36,468 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The only zelda I've liked was phantom hourglass on the ds.
  • nickthegun 2 Jan 2013 12:20:42 58,948 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Link to the past for me. The 3d ones are all boring.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Page

of 130 First / Last