• Page

of 139 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 1 Jan 2013 17:40:22 13,746 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    bladdard wrote:
    Personally I think exclusives on the PS3 try push the boundaries more than the other 2 consoles. The PS3 has had a dry last 12 months but the previous 2 years have produced some excellent exclusives. Personal taste aside most of the PS3 exclusives mentioned sold well and are critically acclaimed.

PS: infamous 2 is far from shit, it's my favourite superhero game this gen.
    I'm not sure they push more boundaries, but Sony definitely had a bit of a purple patch.
    Agreed.
    I like the fact that they keep on announcing something new. Every year there is something fresh to try. This time round we have Puppeteer and Rain coming up, Tearaway sounds promising, and of course the more heavyweight The Last Of Us and Beyond. Just heartening to see that this is their approach to things.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• spamdangled 1 Jan 2013 17:46:40 27,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Super Mario Sunshine was far better than Mario 64.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• RobTheBuilder 1 Jan 2013 17:49:49 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @darkmorgado I still think mario64 is vastly overrated. A great game no doubt, but one that has aged far more than sunshine. Mario64 is more important but I would play sunshine over it every time.
  • spamdangled 1 Jan 2013 17:52:21 27,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder

I wouldn't say that Mario64 was overrated at the time when it first came out. But it's certainly been bettered many times over.

Mostly by other Mario games.

Sunshine had the retro levels which were awesome. I'd happily play a mario game on the 3ds or something that was made up of only those retro-style sort of levels.

Edited by darkmorgado at 18:23:48 01-01-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Trowel 1 Jan 2013 17:54:40 18,077 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Super Smash Brothers is a game of precision and skill.
  • RobTheBuilder 1 Jan 2013 17:56:16 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Trowel a great game... But I'm not fully supportive of that opinion!
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Jan 2013 18:06:00 4,968 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @DarkSpaceDS not all. Many, but not all.
    Wrong. I've played pretty much all of them and left underwelmed after the fanboys claimed they are the second coming.

Uncharted - Good graphics but extremely average gameplay. I honestly think PS2 could handle the gameplay.

God of War - Same repetitive gameplay, press square until you see the credits. Story is pretty much Kratos getting angry and smashing everything in his way. yawn.

Heavy Rain - It should be call QTE The videogame. Loved the story but theres very little gameplay. I wish I rented instead.

And those are the best titles. Then you have shit games like Infamous 1 and 2, Haze and Lair.

Yeah PS3 exclusives are amazing...not -_-
    Seeing as the PS2 (and the other consoles from the same generation) are home to some of the best gaming experiences of all time, your point about Uncharted is kind of pointless.

God of War - play it on hard and see how far you get with that tactic.

I didn't like Heavy Rain, but played a bit of it as it was different at least.

What about stuff like Wipeout, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Journey, the PixelJunk games, Stardust HD, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaia 3, 4, Demon's Souls, Everybody's Golf... if you can't find something in there that floats your boat then you should probably find a new hobby.
  • Kay 1 Jan 2013 18:19:38 17,972 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I've played and completed both countless times, and... no.
  • spamdangled 1 Jan 2013 18:22:09 27,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    And so have I and... yes

:)

• Frogofdoom 1 Jan 2013 18:23:20 1,089 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Journey was dull.
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Jan 2013 18:24:25 8,747 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How could I forget Valkyria Chronicles! Best game on the PS3.
  • spamdangled 1 Jan 2013 18:24:45 27,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Journey was dull.
    I haven't played it, but it has absolutely no appeal to me, and I love weird abstract games like that.

I'm sure it's good, but I don't see myself ever thinking it's amazing as everyone always says it is.

Edited by darkmorgado at 18:25:25 01-01-2013

• King_Edward 1 Jan 2013 18:26:28 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Journey was dull.
    I haven't played it, but it has absolutely no appeal to me, and I love weird abstract games like that.
    Well obviously you don't or it would have some appeal.

You obviously love a different sort of weird abstract game.

Edited by King_Edward at 18:27:39 01-01-2013
  • Psychotext 1 Jan 2013 18:29:02 55,057 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Yup... and then the wankers went and put all the following games on the PSP.
  • Frogofdoom 1 Jan 2013 18:29:14 1,089 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Its pretty and serene, but then again so is the local park. The gameplay just wasnt there for me and i just dont get what is so special.

I will give it another try but im about an hour and a half in and havent put it back on for ages. Flower was a similar experience for me as well.
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 18:31:15
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Journey was dull.

I'm sure it's good, but I don't see myself ever thinking it's amazing as everyone always says it is.
    You won't know until you try it! I personally loved it.
  • Kay 1 Jan 2013 18:31:41 17,972 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    And so have I and... yes

:)
    Great game, but in truth it felt like half a Mario game padded out with loads of annoying and glitchy levels. Mario 64 was much more consistent overall, imo. Guess it's a matter of preference though - I loved Sunshine because it really felt like you were on an exotic tropical holiday.
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Jan 2013 18:35:34 8,747 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Yup... and then the wankers went and put all the following games on the PSP.
    Second one is also good but starts far too slowly.
  • Syrette 1 Jan 2013 18:36:12 44,336 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    bladdard wrote:
    Personally I think exclusives on the PS3 try push the boundaries more than the other 2 consoles. The PS3 has had a dry last 12 months but the previous 2 years have produced some excellent exclusives. Personal taste aside most of the PS3 exclusives mentioned sold well and are critically acclaimed.

PS: infamous 2 is far from shit, it's my favourite superhero game this gen.
    I'm not sure they push more boundaries, but Sony definitely had a bit of a purple patch.
    Agreed.
    I like the fact that they keep on announcing something new. Every year there is something fresh to try. This time round we have Puppeteer and Rain coming up, Tearaway sounds promising, and of course the more heavyweight The Last Of Us and Beyond. Just heartening to see that this is their approach to things.
    Just wish there was more (along the lines of Tearaway) on the Vita. E3 is ages away...

• Raiko101 1 Jan 2013 18:47:49 6,722 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You want to play a game you don't like playing?

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• PazJohnMitch 1 Jan 2013 18:51:08 8,747 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trophy Whore?
  • King_Edward 1 Jan 2013 19:06:10 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    You want to play a game you don't like playing?
    I could be that bored. Is that so hard to understand ?
    Yeah. When I get bored I often go do something I think is boring.
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 19:12:12
    Trophy hunting and going out of your way to get 1000g gamerscores in stuff is just tragic, for sad cunts and is embarrassingly spergy.

More so if you don't actually like the game.

Read a book, go for a walk, write an essay on how fucking abysmal your life is that you have to cheevo hunt "Mediocre-Dungeon-Hack-Hack-Man 3" when you're bored rather than doing pretty much any fucking other thing.
  • SolidSCB 1 Jan 2013 19:50:03 7,435 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think Achievements can be well implemented. When done well they make an enjoyable game a little more so.

However, people that go out of their way to scoop up easy achievements on really shit games they don't enjoy at all to somehow justify themselves as a 'better gamer' than all their mates are sad as fuck.

Also, 'collect 3000 of these' achievements are fucking horrendous and anyone bundling them into their game to feign longevity should be culled.
  • King_Edward 1 Jan 2013 19:55:48 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't think there are really any good achievements. I played Metal Gear Solid and FFVII a hundred different ways without ever needing a reward for doing so. It was just another fun way to play.

If you need an achievement to make you do something in a game, it probably not much fun.
  • RobTheBuilder 1 Jan 2013 19:57:48 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Achievements are useful to help make poorer games feel more rewarding. Plus there is something nice about the idea of rewarding your skill across your collection.

I think they are a great idea spoilt by idiots who obsess over them.
  • Page

of 139 First / Last