• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 25 December 2012 00:08:49
    Gaol wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    So you admit you don't know what your talking about Gaol and are forming an opinion on the titles the vita has based on no information. Well done, nothing like uninformed opinions to make posting in thread worthwhile.
    So defensive! I tell you what I know, I've owned and enjoyed every Sony console since the PS1 and yet I've no desire whatsoever to sink 200 plus on a Vita. I don't think I'm alone.
    Here's a thought before commenting on the games the vita has how about actually finding out what games it has? IF you'd of done that before spouting off uninformed and wrong statements we wouldn't of needed this pointless discussion.
    I said there had been next to nothing in the last 6 months, tell you what, give me your top 3 from that period. Don't mention Little Big Planet or I'll hurl.
    Tool.
  • uiruki 25 Dec 2012 00:13:00 3,531 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thinking about it, the problem with both 3DS and Vita is that their Japanese libraries are much stronger than those in the West. Most of the games I've played on both systems this year (and I've played a fair few) are Japan only or had massive head starts there. Overall, though, it's perhaps telling that even though I bought two 3DS XLs this year (thanks region lock), I've spent more money and time overall on the single Vita I picked up in February.
  • Gaol 25 Dec 2012 00:24:05 2,262 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Gaol wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    So you admit you don't know what your talking about Gaol and are forming an opinion on the titles the vita has based on no information. Well done, nothing like uninformed opinions to make posting in thread worthwhile.
    So defensive! I tell you what I know, I've owned and enjoyed every Sony console since the PS1 and yet I've no desire whatsoever to sink 200 plus on a Vita. I don't think I'm alone.
    It's understandable. Much of the appeal is that it's a really solid piece if hardware. The screen is gorgeous, it's comfortable to hold, dual sticks that are actual sticks, touch screen, and it's plenty powerful, as well as having a bunch of other features that aren't necessary but are nice to have (two cameras, rear touch screen, tilt sensor). It fixed almost all the faults of the original PSP, and then some. But of course, it's all about the games, and for original Vita exclusives it's hardly excelling, but when it has such an expansive back catalog (PS1, PSP, Mini's) and a few actually-good ports of current gen games, most people can overlook that the software library isn't quite there yet. Honestly there's enough to play on the machine as it is, even if a lot of those games aren't pushing the hardware.
    Well here's a sensible post. I agree, the hardware is lovely but I disagree that 'most people' can overlook the fact that the software catalogue isn't there.

There's this massive over-reaction from people here when you point out the Vita is majorly lacking in system sellers and has a threadbare release schedule. Using the CoD brand attached to a really shoddy port is a strategy that deserves to crash and burn. Bring back Loco Roco.
  • ecureuil 25 Dec 2012 00:58:21 76,017 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Needs one killer app really. Every console has one game that got it off the ground. Brain Training, Halo, Wipeout, Wii Sports, and so on. This game hasn't arrived on Vita which is probably why it's selling so horribly. Once you have that game you have the momentum and devs will start working with the console.
  • DrStrangelove 25 Dec 2012 02:34:02 2,550 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have never played any of them, but I greatly recommend the Vita.
  • Zackv4861 25 Dec 2012 07:41:45 1,064 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have both. Loved the 3DS when i got it apart from how uncomfortable it is to use. (Cripples your hands) However i've not played it more than 5 hours in 6months since getting my Vita. The Vita is miles ahead and there's plenty if games for it now.

It's really s no brainer for me. I played Rayman Origins on Vita (Great game by the way) and then tried it on the 3DS and i just couldn't do it. It played the same but looked so cheap.

The Vita has so msny more features too, party chat, trophies, good online play etc etc. Price eise ofcourse 3DS is cheaper but there's some cracking deals out for the Vita do you may end up costing you onlt 50 more anyway.

Hope that helps
  • Lamb 25 Dec 2012 13:29:27 467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Neither. Get a Wii U. It has a bigger screen, better graphics and better controls than either handheld. You are only going to play at home anyways and you can have multiple people play. The 3DS graphics outside of Mario are for kids. The Vita has been gimped by Sony, with DRM and proprietary memory cards. A far cry from the PSP GO XL that should have been.

The Wii U gamepad is a very capable streaming device that even beats On-Live. Yeah you can't take it too far from your console but when you leave the house you have more important things to do anyway. ;)
  • dsmx 25 Dec 2012 14:21:06 7,412 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You do realise that unlike nintendo's wiiu that anything you buy digitally on the vita and the ps3 is linked to your account rather than the system so anything you buy digitally is yours for as long as sony and your system exists right?

The vita may have DRM but at least it's not stupid DRM.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• bracken3000 25 Dec 2012 14:24:49 531 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought my girlfriend got me a Vita by the shape of the parcel under the tree.
    It was wireless headphones, cue fake smile and "how did you know?"

Maybe next year.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next