Decision Time: 3DS or Vita? Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• THFourteen 22 Dec 2012 21:14:59 32,724 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Owning both, they are both shit.
    Owned both and they were indeed both rubbish.
  • Kay 22 Dec 2012 21:25:41 17,729 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aside from the whole "no games" argument that always seems to get rolled out (which is a bit silly), I can't possibly fathom why people would think the Vita is "rubbish".

I mean, I can understand people not liking the 3DS for various reasons (however wrong they may be) - the 3D effect won't be to everyone's liking, only one circle pad, best games are first-party Nintendo stuff etc. - but the Vita? It's got everything you'd need in a handheld console!
  • Progguitarist 22 Dec 2012 21:31:13 10,398 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Vita. The 3DS is a childs toy.
  • Kay 22 Dec 2012 21:48:33 17,729 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You're right, I always feel really cool when playing the Vita on the train.
  • Paulie_P 22 Dec 2012 21:51:45 405 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you get the vita in game, they might bundle it with a card for you. I bought it on launch and when I told them that I didn't fancy their Fifa bundle, they transferred the 32gb memory card into the offer.

I have both, but the 3DS has disappointed me so far. I play my vita constantly, platinumed Uncharted and Gravity rush, currently playing through Disgaea. Nothing on the 3DS has captured me like those games and PS Plus is a great service.

I fear for the Vita long term but I think it deserves better.
  • dsmx 22 Dec 2012 22:26:44 7,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The vita is an immensely capable gaming device and it's literally only publishers appearing to refuse to make games for it that's holding it back. It's the best device for playing games on that I've ever owned and it annoys me to see how the gaming industry is treating it.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• beastmaster 22 Dec 2012 22:32:40 11,099 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vita.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• mal 22 Dec 2012 22:34:14 22,322 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Owning just a 3DS, I'd say...get a Vita. It's perhaps just seeing those games out on Vita that I'd like to play (but aren't system sellers on their own), but while I'm glad I bought my 3DS when I did for the 200+ quid it cost me, in practice I've barely played on it in months, apart from the basic bit of streetpass related stuff. Mainly that's due to the silly prices Nintendo titles always maintain - I've only just got 3D Land as I was waiting for it to drop below 25 quid (which it finally has done, on Amazon, after a year of waiting).

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• waggy79 22 Dec 2012 22:37:16 906 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I own both and if I could only keep one it'd be the vita.
  • Deleted user 22 December 2012 22:41:51
    I've owned both. 3ds was a hunk of novelty tat with a shit battery, pointless 3d and mediocre games. The vita is the best console I've owned in years and now dominates my gaming time.
  • Jmog 22 Dec 2012 23:46:17 391 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I own both. And the 3DS is the XL version which definetely is better than the regular 3DS.

I'd still say get the Vita. I've never had so much fun with a handheld and the hardware as well as the games reek of quality. Great games on the 3DS too but nowhere near as many as on the Vita. Even without PS Plus existing I would prefer the Vita. WITH PS Plus it's even more a done deal.
  • Sharzam 22 Dec 2012 23:55:55 2,592 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I own both and both have there merits. Depends on usage, if want proper console games then the Vita, if you want quick little puzzle games while on a buss then the 3DS.

Saying that the battery life on the Vita is stellar so can be truely portable if you carry a backpack or simliar around with you it is just the clam shell shape of the 3DS is more pocket friendly. Gameswise they are both pretty simliar in that both have plenty to play and both have a huge back catalogue with psp/ds.

If you have PS Plus as mention the Vita is a no brainer. Althourgh i do like a bit of Mario now and then, 3D Land is total ace but gets unconformable after a while on the normal 3DS. But if you want a Xl then i really see no reason not to get a vita.

Edited by Sharzam at 23:57:53 22-12-2012

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• MrSemprini 22 Dec 2012 23:56:41 9,369 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Get the 3DS now, you don't want to miss out on New Year buyer's remorse. Then, sell it for 50 less than you paid for it in a couple of months and put it towards a Vita, right before they drop the price and chuck in a load of freebies in a feeble last ditch effort to save it from a premature death.

Merry Christmas!
  • FanBoysSuck 23 Dec 2012 00:22:16 1,440 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I always follow the 3 game rule: get a console when there's 3 games you want that you can only get on that platform. For me it's the vita (uncharted, gravity rush and zero's last reward US version).

For the emperor!

• Popzeus 23 Dec 2012 01:05:47 8,269 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vita by a mile. I bought both at their respective launches and have got much more use out of the Vita, despite having had the 3DS a year longer. So many great games for it now, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• thenastypasty 23 Dec 2012 01:15:04 5,180 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    Vita by a mile. I bought both at their respective launches and have got much more use out of the Vita, despite having had the 3DS a year longer. So many great games for it now, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    This. I've never been one for handhelds but with time constraints I have now I thought I'd take the plunge a few weeks back to see if I could get on with it.

I got LBP with the package I bought as well as 90days of PS+, I've downloaded gravity rush and uncharted for nothing and they are all brilliant games, I can't believe how good value it is. I'm even playing ICO on remote play which I've never played even though I've got ps2+3 copies!
  • Rens11 23 Dec 2012 08:38:50 1,369 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mal

Sure I only paid around 20quid for Mario land at Amazon last year, although I agree Nintendo First party games hold their value like no others. After buying a 3ds at launch and selling for a vita I'd say get a Vita. After owning both for around a year the Vita has had more games that I enjoy and Sony seem to finally be getting around to advertising it, hopefully Xmas sales pick up and publishers start investing in it as it's got all the bell's and whistles for games 2 thumbsticks and decent online store and games

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• jonsaan 23 Dec 2012 08:56:20 25,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    If you get the vita in game, they might bundle it with a card for you. I bought it on launch and when I told them that I didn't fancy their Fifa bundle, they transferred the 32gb memory card into the offer.

I have both, but the 3DS has disappointed me so far. I play my vita constantly, platinumed Uncharted and Gravity rush, currently playing through Disgaea. Nothing on the 3DS has captured me like those games and PS Plus is a great service.

I fear for the Vita long term but I think it deserves better.
    That's odd. The 32GB card wasn't and still isn't out here is it? Do you mean 16GB? Nice touch if you managed to swing that.

FCUTA!

• Paulie_P 23 Dec 2012 10:46:31 405 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @jonsaan oh maybe it was 16 then. Couldn't remember what the highest available was!
  • StixxUK 23 Dec 2012 14:50:46 7,216 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The 32gb card for vita is definitely available, I've seen them both second hand in CEX and first hand on Amazon.

Whether it's official I'm not entirely certain, but wouldn't have thought Amazon would sell it if it wasn't?

In answer to the original question - I've got both and I play the Vita a lot more.
  • Daeltaja 23 Dec 2012 16:11:16 1,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Vita without the shadow of a doubt. Biggest buyers remorse ever with 3ds. I concur that its the best handheld I've ever owned and I've owned them all more or less.

Hopefully Sony will encourage More third party devs to support it after xmas sales. Spoke to a chap in gamestop there and he said the branded bundles have been their top selling item this xmas, completely out of stock.

Plus you wont feel like a tosser playing it on the bus!

Edited by Daeltaja at 16:15:19 23-12-2012
  • Raiko101 23 Dec 2012 18:00:33 6,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Since last christmas I have spent more time gaming on my 3DS than I did my 360 or Wii. Whether or not you'll enjoy it though depends on the kind of gaming experiences you're looking for. The 3DS has a ton of great games going for it though.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• santashi 23 Dec 2012 19:02:49 5,013 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Personally I much prefer the Vita for the region free aspect, the games (a chunk of the 3DS games I have interest in haven't been announced for the EU yet), the comfort of holding it, the battery life, the interface and the screen, amongst other things. I find it a brilliant console.

I've barely touched the 3DS since the Vita's release. I think I prefered my original DS to the 3DS for the overall range of games to suit my tastes. I can of course play the DS games on the DS or 3DS but I know which I find comfier. ;)

That's my preference, anyway.

Edit: The 32GB card has been officially released over here for some time now. :)

Edited by santashi at 19:03:43 23-12-2012

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Popzeus 23 Dec 2012 19:09:18 8,269 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    I've barely touched the 3DS since the Vita's release. I think I prefered my original DS to the 3DS for the overall range of games to suit my tastes.
    This. Very much this.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• jonsaan 23 Dec 2012 19:14:25 25,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Didn't know the 32GB was out now (UK). It definitely wasn't at launch though. Only in the US.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 23 Dec 2012 19:16:29 25,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see you can get one in game for just 79.99 LOL. That is insane.

FCUTA!

• atomicjuicer 23 Dec 2012 20:08:07 297 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I own both and there are way more games on the vita that are worth buying.

That said, the few decent games that are on the 3ds are fantastic.

In conclusion, I recommend buying both :D (but if I had to choose I'd go with the vita)

Edited by atomicjuicer at 20:08:27 23-12-2012
  • Gregolution 23 Dec 2012 20:23:57 3,164 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Absolutely no contest. Vita by miles.

Great hardware, way more decent games, way more potential. Buy the Vita and spend 40 quid on a year of PS+ which will get you Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Mortal Kombat immediately so pays for itself and some. Then enjoy a year of more free games every month.

best portable i've ever owned and currently my most played console full stop.
  • cheeky_prawnking 23 Dec 2012 20:27:07 4,190 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I own both but am inclined to say the Vita, picked one up in August, have about 25 games for it (download & retail together). It really is a cracking piece of kit and the games are fantastic.

3DS I owned one sold it, did repurchase one, Nintendo games apart haven't bothered with anything else on it, with the second one.
  • jonsaan 23 Dec 2012 21:52:13 25,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gregolution PS plus is 29.99 for a year at the moment too..

FCUTA!

• Page

of 4 First / Last