Stranger's Wrath Vita Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • aros 28 Jun 2013 10:36:20 2,711 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The more expensive option gives you the PS3 game too.
  • Sharzam 28 Jun 2013 11:25:57 2,816 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does it support cross save?

I have it on PS3 (actually bought not p+).  If I was to pick up the vita version at some point can I use the cloud between them.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• dsmx 28 Jun 2013 11:29:44 7,582 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No because the save games are to big apparently.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Flying_Pig 28 Jun 2013 13:37:31 10,851 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I suspect it's also to do with the fact that the PS3 and Vita versions were produced seperately, with the PS3 one coming out some time before the Vita one.
  • dsmx 28 Jun 2013 14:20:32 7,582 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Flying_Pig I quote "To the question “will there be Cross Save support between PS3 and Vita”, they answered a firm “no.” The reason being that there is a 1MB limitation to Cross Save data files and the truth is that their save files are 3-5MB. They continued by saying they fully tried to make it work, but it was just not possible to reduce the save file to 1MB from 5MB."

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/09/just-add-water-says-no-cross-save-for-strangers-wrath/ for those that like a source.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• CharlieStCloud 28 Jun 2013 15:10:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only just started this.

Although I am thoroughly enjoying this gem of a game now, seeing as it has opened up quite a lot however, the opening fifteen-twenty minutes were so joyless. I was verging on being bored ... not the best of starts to be honest!

Seems that most of the second page of this thread was dedicated to a trophy of some sorts?

Gosh ... just play it and enjoy the journey for heavens sake!

*tuts*
  • Flying_Pig 28 Jun 2013 15:32:23 10,851 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @dsmx - I stand corrected :)
  • StixxUK 29 Oct 2013 10:55:52 7,238 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So... now this is with us on PS plus, what does everyone think? Personally I find it a bit fiddly and crap.

It's a shame because I want to love it but the only tactic that seems to work is zap everyone, run in, bounty what you can, leg it and repeat.

Any tips?
  • monkman76 29 Oct 2013 11:04:36 4,125 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't get on with it - struggled a bit with the first couple of missions then gave up.

It's got that weird previous-gen 3D thing going on too - just doesn't quite feel right somehow.
  • Gl3n Moderator 29 Oct 2013 11:17:09 5,358 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems quite dated to me. It didn't help having just completed Uncharted before going into this. Obviously the graphics don't compare well.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• ZuluHero 29 Oct 2013 11:19:45 4,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Im playing it atm - tucked up in bed on these cold Autumn nights - i actually like the atmosphere and the mechanics and on a small vita screen it doesn't look that dated to me.
  • PazJohnMitch 29 Oct 2013 11:21:21 7,953 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I still quite like it but managed to break the game.

Knocked the barge captain into the river. So now I cannot speak to him to take the barge to see the doc.
  • Roddles 29 Oct 2013 11:46:05 1,819 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Found it as fiddly as the original release, if not more-so on the Vita.
  • aros 29 Oct 2013 13:28:15 2,711 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    So... now this is with us on PS plus, what does everyone think? Personally I find it a bit fiddly and crap.

It's a shame because I want to love it but the only tactic that seems to work is zap everyone, run in, bounty what you can, leg it and repeat.

Any tips?
    Lure them with Chipmunks then Spider them? It's definitely more of a stealth FPS than out right shooting. There's the ammo that knocks people down too. There's a few different ways to grab people alive and more if you don't care about killing them. I like the atmosphere, it's different to everything else out there and would love a sequel designed for Vita.

Graphics look fine to me considering it's a last gen game ported by one person. Of course it doesn't compare to Uncharted but they did a much better job than Sony did with Jak & Daxter.
  • Flying_Pig 29 Oct 2013 22:09:10 10,851 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I never played SR previously, but bought it for Vita and really liked it. As has been said, it's more stealth focused that a straight FPS, and it can get fiddly when there' say lot going on, but it's a great story and looks decent on the Vita.
  • Deleted user 29 October 2013 22:14:58
    Thought the graphics were very good considering the age of the game, and the atmosphere is great too.

Unfortunately found the gameplay very hum drum. For me, there just wasn't anything that fun or exciting about it.
  • The_Goon 6 Nov 2013 12:26:50 128 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I just started it and it is fun but feels a tad dated. Will get back to it when I'm bored with Everybody's Golf I guess.
  • TarickStonefire 6 Nov 2013 12:51:41 2,978 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    Thought the graphics were very good considering the age of the game, and the atmosphere is great too.

Unfortunately found the gameplay very hum drum. For me, there just wasn't anything that fun or exciting about it.
    I've only played it when it originally came out and also found it not as amazingly original as had been promised, but very solid and a very good Oddworld game, way better than Munch's Oddysee before it.

I enjoyed the catching and combining of livestock as ammo, and I particularly appreciated the big switch in gameplay style towards the end.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Deleted user 15 November 2013 11:10:28
    Tried this on Vita last night. I like the older style game progression that doesn't hold your hand but I'm not feeling the story. I was never a big fan of Abe's Odyssey either. Does it get any better or should I pack it in?
  • spindle9988 15 Nov 2013 11:15:24 3,516 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    feeg86 wrote:
    Tried this on Vita last night. I like the older style game progression that doesn't hold your hand but I'm not feeling the story. I was never a big fan of Abe's Odyssey either. Does it get any better or should I pack it in?
    How long have you been playing for?
  • FanBoysSuck 15 Nov 2013 11:43:38 1,465 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I enjoyed this back on the xbox but I can see why people are having issues , it doesn't seem to have aged well.

The story is still great if you get into it and the crossbow/ammo mechanic still feels as original as it did many years ago. The rest however, feel creaky as hell.

The HD and Vita ports could have done with more love in my opinion. The PC port suffers from the same issues(and a terrible pad mapping issue to boot) so at least it's not just the Vita version with issues for once.

For the emperor!

• Deleted user 15 November 2013 11:51:35
    @spindle9988 Probably about half an hour-45 minutes (not including the cutscenes). I handed over the first bounty to the town and am now working towards the next one. Just don't know what to think about it.
  • Flying_Pig 15 Nov 2013 13:08:22 10,851 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWIW - It does pick up a little bit (you've done little more than the tutorial), but the bulk of the game is just progression of the core concept. I quite liked it.
  • spindle9988 15 Nov 2013 17:29:50 3,516 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @feeg86

It does get better as you move across the bounties. Persevere for a bit more, it just clicked for me after a while
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next