• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Dangerous_Dan 4 Jan 2013 12:35:11 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    In fact looking at the interest I would get off such a sum
    Those days are over if you aren't a partner at Goldman Sachs or something along that line with connections to the governments. Most wealthy people right now are very worried about their money. It's more about how do I not lose it all. Those times for easy and secure interest are over.

In fact If I were given 10 million dollars I'd buy some house and land in the countryside. Keeping some wealth aside for investing after the zombiecalypse. ;)
  • glaeken 4 Jan 2013 12:41:21 10,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Chopsen I think the thing for me is I do think I would get to the "yeah, I'm done, start paying taxes now" stage. I do think I could reach a level of wealth where I would no longer have a drive for yet more wealth. Possibly that is why I am not rich though.

@Dangerous_Dan I know interest rates are not what they were but I am sure I could still get by in the interest I would earn off of 10 million. Sure it would probably only be 10 times my current income but I would manage some how.

Edited by glaeken at 12:43:33 04-01-2013
  • senso-ji 4 Jan 2013 19:01:33 5,315 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Brigitte Bardot threatens to leave for Russia if two zoo elephants are put down

Just how easy is it to get Russian citizenship?
  • neilka 4 Jan 2013 19:38:46 14,942 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ms Bardot has been making headlines in recent years for her controversial remarks about Islam and its followers.

In 2008, she was convicted for the fifth time for inciting racial hatred after complaining on her website that Muslims were "destroying our country by imposing their ways".
    Classy.
  • elstoof 4 Jan 2013 19:38:53 6,140 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    In fact looking at the interest I would get off such a sum
    Those days are over if you aren't a partner at Goldman Sachs or something along that line with connections to the governments. Most wealthy people right now are very worried about their money. It's more about how do I not lose it all. Those times for easy and secure interest are over.

In fact If I were given 10 million dollars I'd buy some house and land in the countryside. Keeping some wealth aside for investing after the zombiecalypse. ;)
    Nah, with good wealth management you'll still be fine. You won't be wanting to put your money in high risk ventures but you can still get your portfolio to go up just it has to work that much harder. House in the countryside and land needs a lot of care to look maintain, you'll need to keep people employed to manage the grounds and you'll have to fork out quite a bit of land tax plus cgt on any profit. Other investments are easier to jiggle about.
  • Chopsen 4 Jan 2013 20:53:11 15,178 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    stealth I'm a millionaire post
  • pistol 4 Jan 2013 21:56:07 13,019 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I work with a lot of French clients, a lot of which vey wealthy and I'm hearing more and more that people are passed off with their ridiculous tax laws.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 22:08:21
    Anything over 50% ismadness. People get paid lots for a reason. They shouldn't have to pay the government more, it is a punishment for achievement. Cut benefits and execute pikeys and drains on society.
  • elstoof 4 Jan 2013 23:14:44 6,140 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The thing I don't get about the tax hike in France is there's been no real justification for why it needs to be that high other than because Hollande hates people to have money (other than himself presumably). The standard of public service and investment over there is far and away superior what we have here for example, it's not like the system is crippled and need urgent bailing out or something. It's not just the top end of earners feeling the brunt either, say you are a French citizen who owns a home there - you move abroad for work or whatever and want to keep your home in France. What's that you say? Second home in France? I think you'll find you owe us taxes there dear boy, based on its value as it's not your primary residence therefore a wealth taxable asset. Zing!
  • RichieTenenbaum 4 Jan 2013 23:29:52 2,157 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think he's good. Basically, all this talk of 'wealth creators' is bullshit. I bet France will be fine when the rich people fuck off.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next