Annoying Movie Cliches Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • Rusty_M 18 Dec 2012 20:52:25 4,648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lights in a large building/warehouse/school/staduim always "clang" when turned on or off.

Pointing a gun at someone makes a hell of a noise.

Nobody ever burps after drinking something fizzy, nor does anything fizz over.

People always go totally limp when knocked out, and never have any side effects when they come round.

People have incredible grip and strength when hanging from ledges.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deleted user 18 December 2012 20:57:02
    Happy endings and sad endings
  • Savatage 19 Dec 2012 00:48:11 38 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Instant internet.

From streaming video off Youtube to hacking into government websites, anything on the web is instantly accessable from any computer in the time it takes to type it in. Meanwhile, my computer takes two minutes just to load the EG forum page.

Wish I knew what ISP these Hollywood computers use.
  • GuiltySpark 19 Dec 2012 00:54:23 6,362 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably only TV shows, but a celebratory hug, and then the reaction shot of one anxious looking person who's obviously hiding something.

Moral of the story: Never trust a hug.

Get bent.

• Toonster 19 Dec 2012 01:08:47 6,842 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One cliché I'm really beginning to notice is, when the film is about to end, the protagonist does a narration bit, trying to sum up some of the main things he has learnt, before fading to credits. It's getting rather overused now.

Another one I can't stand is when there is a misunderstanding between some characters, causing them to temporarily go their separate ways, but rather than one of them trying to explain what happened, they just say, "B-b-but that's not what I meant, you don't understand". That's just lazy writing.

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Jono62 19 Dec 2012 08:34:27 14,059 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To add to Toonstar's point, when people believe something said by someone they hate.

"My husband is cheating on me with you? You have no proof, you've lied before and I hate you but I'll take your word for it."
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next