Logitech Harmony Remote Control Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• figgis 10 Sep 2008 16:18:00 7,382 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes it does, I've got the 525. It's okay once programmed but the build quality is a little flimsy, I knocked it on my wooden floor and the half the LCD display has gone, still works though.
  • ionic 10 Sep 2008 18:17:27 668 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I may be interested in selling my 525 if your interested blizeH? Unfortunately my tv and surround sound are on the same frequency making it change inputs when turning the volume down and a load of other great button clashes :(
  • funkstar 10 Sep 2008 18:58:55 1,194 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i think theres coloured buttons only on the more expensive models

edit: actually just the harmony one doesnt appear to have them, how odd

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• steellam 10 Sep 2008 19:15:19 1,045 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There was a bit of a stink about the new "one" model not having any colour buttons, they are not needed in America apparently.

I have read you can map the buttons next to the lcd as the colours but i haven't tried it myself.
  • ionic 11 Sep 2008 12:56:01 668 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hey blizeH, say 25 in p&p? Just to point out mind, i don't have a usb cable to go with it. They use the standard mini a to b usb cable that a ps3 pad uses or some mp3 players etc. and you can download the software off the website, i can burn it to a disk for you if you like?

If your still interested chuck us a PM and I may be able to get it out by the weekend.
  • coastal 11 Sep 2008 13:32:51 5,372 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    remotes are so last century. it's the new thing to get up and flick those switches by hand.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• ionic 11 Sep 2008 13:34:40 668 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah thats fine, theres a lot of messing around you can do. A favourite of mine is to set channels on the virgin box to buttons not used like bbc or skysports. You can find a fair few websites by googlin. for tips.
  • figgis 11 Sep 2008 13:40:13 7,382 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's worth it for that price. You'll need a fairly decent PC with internet connection to program it.

Software can be located here - http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/440/371&cl=gb,en?osid=1
  • coastal 11 Sep 2008 13:53:44 5,372 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    some guys have used with harmony with xbmc. there's some info in the xbmc wiki, would be nicer if the xbox was modded to turn on by IR.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• mikew1985 11 Mar 2009 14:47:43 12,048 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has anyone any experience of the Logitech Harmony one and 885?
    I'm trying to decide which one to get and it seems I can get the Harmony one slightly cheaper, but i'm concerned about the lack of coloured buttons as standard.

Also screw Amazon and their stupid won't ship anything useful to ireland policy!

Any of you Irish EG heads got any recommeneded sites to get one off?
  • mikew1985 11 Mar 2009 15:29:58 12,048 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Same as now... I won't ;)

But actually it is a concern as i'm seriously considering getting Sky+HD so I don't want to plump for something thats gonna annoy me int he end. The only problem being that the 885 seems to be more expensive and harder to get hold of in Ireland. It's so ridiculous that companies ship to NI and its just up the road!
  • yegon 7 Apr 2009 15:41:41 4,900 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Has anyone any experience of the Logitech Harmony one and 885?

Just treated myself to a Harmony One off Amazon, 85, my first universal since an extremely crusty oldSony one. Annoyingly, there was a discount code floating around that reduced it to about 69 but it expired recently :(

Pretty sweet piece of kit. Took me an age to programme it exactly how I wanted but it was worth it. Ergonomic, nice knobbly buttons that can be used blind, while the touchscreen is pretty effective for functions I use less often.

The lack of coloured buttons initially put me off for use with Sky+, but it's easily rectified by assigning green/yellow to a couple of unused buttons (skip back/forward), while I've put red/blue, which I rarely use, on the touch screen.

It's killed off 5 other remotes, so now I'm down to the Harmony and my PS3 BD remote. This is coming out shortly so the H1 works with the PS3, but I doubt I'll bother with it.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 14 May 2009 15:32:57 12,734 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PS3 adapter out now for all Harmony remotes \o/
  • moggsy 14 May 2009 15:49:31 3,860 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I use an infra red to USB adaptor thingy with my Harmony remote and PS3. Works a treat apart from you can't switch the PS3 on which is no biggy.

Damn site cheaper then $60 too.
  • ram 3 Feb 2010 09:43:14 3,466 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haven't got the 895 but do have the 525 and I can say the software that comes with harmony remotes and the device learning procedure is excellent.
  • Vice.Destroyer 11 Nov 2010 19:11:17 5,791 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have a Logitech Harmony 600 and I am trying to program my remote in a certain way, but I can't quite work out how.

I have 4 different devices set up on my Harmony 600 and want to be able to set the volume controls for the TV, no matter which device is currently selected on the remote. For example, if I have the Xbox 360 selected on my remote, I don't want to have to set the remote to TV, before I can adjust the volume on the TV. Is there any way you can set the remote that the volume buttons will ONLY control the TV, regardless of which device the remote is focused on?
  • mikew1985 11 Nov 2010 19:23:28 12,048 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, in activities.

You can set up buttons to act however you wish with whatever device you wish. Have you set up activites?

Usually one of the questions when setting up an activity is to do with what device you want to control the volume. (TV, Receiver etc.)
  • mikew1985 11 Nov 2010 19:25:40 12,048 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Even if you don't get that option when creating the activity, load up your Harmony software and select "customise buttons" under your desired activity, from there you can edit the corresponding function and device of every button on the remote.
  • Vice.Destroyer 11 Nov 2010 19:57:28 5,791 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks, I'll try it now.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 11 Nov 2010 19:59:11 12,734 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Yep, in activities.

You can set up buttons to act however you wish with whatever device you wish. Have you set up activites?

Usually one of the questions when setting up an activity is to do with what device you want to control the volume. (TV, Receiver etc.)

Yep, what he said. Just run through quick setup again on each activity.
  • Vice.Destroyer 15 Nov 2010 22:09:24 5,791 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks Mike and Bravo. For some bizarre reason, I thought that I had to actually change some settings around. But either I had inadvertently done that, or the guys at Logitech had been more intelligent than I thought and had made the 'Watch TV' and 'more activies' buttons much smarter than I had given them credit. They work exactly like I thought/hoped they would. One touch controls are awesome.

Switching on the Xbox and toggling to HDMI 2 with ONE button? Awesome. Being able to control the Xbox AND changing the TV volume without toggling functions? AWESOME. I officially love the Logitech Harmony 600. If anyone else is in the market for a universal remote, I can only recommend this gift from god. Seriously, you have to have it
  • Deleted user 15 November 2010 22:10:44
    Do they make one with less buttons and no screen?
  • Page

of 3 First / Last