No 12 days of Christmas competition this year?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • spacedmonkeys 17 Dec 2012 11:34:41 2 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As per the title... last years competition was great (apart from the mix up about how results would be announced)
  • nickthegun 17 Dec 2012 11:46:03 55,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They called it off after the amount of complaining I did about winning nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• DFawkes 18 Dec 2012 15:08:38 22,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's possible their new editorial policy means they won'tbe getting any prizes from publishers, can't give away any tat, and most importantly EG don't wuv us anymore :(

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• THFourteen 18 Dec 2012 15:24:26 31,797 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    It's possible their new editorial policy means they won'tbe getting any prizes from publishers, can't give away any tat, and most importantly EG don't wuv us anymore :(
    great, so because all the goons complained and complained and complained that halo got 8/10 but cod got 9/10 because they got a free pencil eraser, we now get nothing
  • caligari 18 Dec 2012 15:26:02 16,832 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did that forumite EVER get his Bubble Bobble machine? That's the real question here!

Edited by caligari at 15:26:14 18-12-2012
  • DFawkes 18 Dec 2012 16:41:02 22,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    great, so because all the goons complained and complained and complained that halo got 8/10 but cod got 9/10 because they got a free pencil eraser, we now get nothing
    I think it was more to do with that whole here.

It is a shame, and although I understand why they'd do it, I can't see the harm in it if there's full disclosure, such as stating the source of such things. Still, probably easier to have a blanket policy for it.

• King_Edward 18 Dec 2012 16:45:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:

We get to keep our integrity. :-I
  • Mr-Brett 18 Dec 2012 16:50:43 12,676 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does that mean that DFawkes has to buy his own simulators?

Portable view - Never forget.

• DFawkes 18 Dec 2012 19:26:54 22,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep, hence the fact there have been none of my world famous serious reviews of them. Though to be fair I only got 1 from EG, Digger Sim. It's hilariously awful. Spelling errors on every screen, an engine that runs like a time lapse video of a cat decompossing and looks like a PSone game at best and worst of all doesn't simulate diggers well.

But I digress, I suspect nothing will stop Excalibur publishing sending EG copies in the hope they'll get reviewed in a professional manner. That article on the front page about Woodcuttet Sim would suggest they may be BARKing up the wrong TREE. Sorry :p

• Mr-Brett 18 Dec 2012 20:07:01 12,676 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So what you're saying is that your journalistic integrity is compromised because you took a handout from EG?

• DFawkes 18 Dec 2012 22:26:41 22,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Given the shite games (and films) I like, I don't think I ever had any integrity to lose ;)

/Goes off to play Farming Simulator 3D bought with own money

To be fair I don't work for EG so I've probably got totally the wrong end of the stick. Maybe they will run something later on? Fingers crossed on a Wii U competition :)

Edited by DFawkes at 22:32:42 18-12-2012

• Mr-Brett 18 Dec 2012 22:33:03 12,676 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :)

Farming Simulator:

• Page

of 1

Previous Next