of 1

Previous Next
  • Baleoce 16 Dec 2012 21:50:24 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Source: Wii U Daily

Does that look like anything you recognise? xD

Full details here

It's Android based, running "v4.1.1". I'm assuming all the emulation it's advertising is just a natural bi-product of all those freely distributed via the Google Play Store.

Conceptually it's the Android device I've always wanted, even if there's blatant plagiarism involved. I have no clue who this manufacturer is however (JinXing Digital CO.Ltd), or whether the device will literally fall apart in your hands after a couple of months. I'm guessing the price will give some indication of the quality. Pretty sure we know the score with these knock-offs by now. But hey, you never know.

For those interested, full specs:

Update:

Edited by Baleoce at 11:10:15 06-01-2013

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• mal 16 Dec 2012 22:32:02 22,446 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JXD have most recently been seen flogging Vita knock-offs running Android 4-ish. No idea as to the build quality, as I've never been in the market for a non-connected device running a second-rate mobile OS, but I've not heard anything bad about them.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Baleoce 6 Jan 2013 11:09:15 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mini update: A preview of sorts on YouTube.

• lambchop 6 Jan 2013 11:14:15 1 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    COR!
  • Kafeen 6 Jan 2013 11:20:09 552 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Never going to sell with a name like JXD S7300.
  • telboy007 6 Jan 2013 11:41:53 430 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I bought the jxd 7100b, to be honest for the price it's pretty decent. Runs most ps one games fine, mostly use it for ff8 and 9. You do need to install custom rom though before its remotely useable.

Then there is the fact I had to take it apart, de-solder then re-solder the battery to clear a problem with short battery life. But don't let that put you off! ;)

Unlocked the achievement Exploring Uranus

• Baleoce 6 Jan 2013 11:52:53 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I get the impression that battery will be a major issue with this device personally. They are very vague on that detail.

• kafiota 7 Jan 2013 05:07:38 17 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ive got a JXD s5300.Its only a one core CPU, contrary to this new model.
    The big Android games tend to run a bit slow on the s5300 but emulators run smoothly. the ones that come built on the machine run slower, but Mame, and every other emulator run very well. some psx titles have some issues. i mainly play Mame and Neo Geo and those run very smoothly!
    Also the build quality its far from bad, it is honestly quiet decent.
    i'll keep an eye on s7300 for sure.
  • kafiota 7 Jan 2013 05:07:55 17 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The big Android games tend to run a bit slow on the s5300 but emulators run smoothly. the ones that come built on the machine run slower, but Mame, and every other emulator run very well. some psx titles have some issues. i mainly play Mame and Neo Geo and those run very smoothly!
  • kafiota 7 Jan 2013 05:08:05 17 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • Baleoce 10 Apr 2013 15:43:38 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago

This is someone using custom firmware to run some type streaming program (more info here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-dev...for-jxds7300b/ )

In the video he appears to be running FFXII directly from PCSX2 on his PC. I asked about input latency, so I'll add info on that if he responds. But if the latency is minimal, it would kind of put Project Shield and its pre-requisite of needing a Geforce GTX 6XX series card to shame considering there would be no restrictions. At worst you may need to use xpadder in conjunction, but I'm even more tempted to get one of these now.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next