Football Manager Handheld 2013 (Android/iOS)

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • marc_si 12 Dec 2012 14:13:29 318 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    (Echo of the announcement on the sigames.com forums for those of you who don't visit there ..)

<<

Would-be football managers, from midnight tonight (local time - iOS, GMT - Android), the whole world is once again your dugout as Sports Interactive and SEGA are delighted to announce the launch of Football Manager Handheld 2013 for iOS and Android devices.

This season’s release not only includes up-to-date player and competition data, it also includes a number of gameplay enhancements, many of which have been implemented as a direct result of user feedback. These include:

[LIST]
    [*]An all-new player comparison module (allowing managers to compare potential recruits against existing squad members or existing squad members against one another).
    [*]Player photos (in licensed leagues)
    [*]An increase in the number of playable leagues (from 12 to 14)
    [*]A player form ‘hot list’
    [*]The facility to promote reserve team players to the first-team squad
    [*]Club captain selection
    [*]Improvements to the in-game news, media interaction and match engine
    [*]Twitter support for all devices – allowing managers to share their exploits with friends
    [*]A host of in-game achievements for manager to strive towards
    [/LIST]

In addition to these gameplay enhancements, there have also been a number of improvements to the user interface; in particular, specific ‘skins’ have been developed for the most popular tablet devices and retina support has been added for high-end iOS devices.

For managers who like to accelerate their progress through the game, Football Manager Handheld 2013 allows, for the first time, the purchase of a number of ‘unlockable’ features, including the introduction to the club of a ‘sugar daddy’, the option to expand the club’s stadium, the ability to manage national teams from the beginning of the game and even taking a place on the board (giving the manager immunity from the dreaded sack). While all of these unlockables are available through the in-game store, many can also be ‘earned’ through in-game achievements as with previous iterations of the game.

Football Manager Handheld 2013 also sees the reappearance of the popular challenges (which first appeared in Football Manager Handheld 2012) and the introduction of a whole new challenge, ‘The Dangers of Capitalism’.

Football Manager Handheld 2013 is available at midnight tonight (local time) through iTunes, Google Play and the Amazon App Store

App Store link (when available in your country): http://itunes.apple.com/app/football-manager-handheld/id580830559?mt=8

Google Play and Amazon Store links to follow soon!

If you have any issues or questions regarding the game, please take the time to read our FAQ: http://www.sigames.com/faq/fmh2013.php

We hope you enjoy playing the game as much as we've enjoyed making it - please feel free to leave any feedback in this thread!

>>
  • FWB 12 Dec 2012 14:15:42 45,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Can you watch the whole match or is it just highlights still?

And what about MP?

Edited by FWB at 14:16:11 12-12-2012
  • marc_si 12 Dec 2012 14:24:50 318 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The match is still highlights (although it has been improved/tuned) and there aren't any multi-player options.

The reason we haven't done 'multi-player' is simply that we spent a huge amount of time putting that side of things into PSP and very very very few people ever used it (but each iteration we have to dedicate several weeks development/QA to ensuring its updated and still operational - time which could be spent improving the single player experience).
  • FWB 12 Dec 2012 14:28:26 45,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So that means neither will be available in the future? Of course your market research would know better, but I would have thought that given the success of MP games on Phones and iPods, it'd make sense to include it. Is the PSP in the same category?
  • marc_si 12 Dec 2012 14:41:42 318 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    So that means neither will be available in the future? Of course your market research would know better, but I would have thought that given the success of MP games on Phones and iPods, it'd make sense to include it. Is the PSP in the same category?
    Multi-player is something we'll keep monitoring and its possible it might be added in a future version at some stage - but its not a small task at all to undertake.

(I also personally think that a slightly 'different' approach to MP suits management sims better than just allowing people to connect and share a save .... our forthcoming Football Manager Online MMO (Korea only initially) for instance ...)
  • FWB 12 Dec 2012 14:42:30 45,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fair enough.
  • marc_si 12 Dec 2012 14:58:39 318 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh to clarify one point:

The facility to promote reserve team players to the first-team squad
    What it means is that you are now actually able to sign the 'virtual' grey players who appear in your reserves to full-time contracts - this can be bloody useful at times, especially if you're at a smaller club.
  • yegon 12 Dec 2012 17:28:00 5,416 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not arsed about mp personally, although I imagine it'd be much more widely adopted on iOS than PSP given the ubiquity of idevices.

Glad to hear there's some kind of player comparison function.

Edited by yegon at 17:28:52 12-12-2012
  • ibenam 12 Dec 2012 19:31:15 1,573 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Marc,

Do these changes also apply for the PSP version?..or are we just talking IOS etc.

If just IOS what changes have been made from PSP FMH 12 to 13?

The screenshots I've seen just suggest a roster update and cant find any other info on the web.
  • marc_si 12 Dec 2012 19:33:33 318 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    These changes are iOS/Android only - you are correct the PSP game is a seasonal update (no new features in that version).
  • ibenam 12 Dec 2012 20:06:11 1,573 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @marc_si

Thanks - dont mean to be rude but charging £24 for a roster update seems massively overpriced.
  • DarthKebab 12 Dec 2012 21:00:54 403 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd love the full fat version to be released on ipad, I would pay £20 for that easily
  • marc_si 12 Dec 2012 21:54:30 318 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DarthKebab one day it might be possible - unfortunately I'm afraid at present mobile devices (Android or iOS) simply aren't powerful enough to handle the 'full-fat' FM PC.
  • marc_si 12 Dec 2012 21:55:27 318 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ibenam everyone obviously has a right to their own opinion regarding the games pricing on each platform, its not something I personally have any say in (just a humble developer me :D).
  • Ziz0u 12 Dec 2012 22:38:04 8,648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I would much prefer to get the PSP version, but not for that price and definitely not for just a roster upgrade. Why is the lite version more expensive?

I'll not be buying the iOS one either.
  • kentmonkey 12 Dec 2012 22:40:42 20,935 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @marc_si I've got the email for the review code (through Testflight) to review for somewhere else but even though I've registered I've not got anything to download.

How does it work? Have I got to wait until it goes up for general download later tonight and then it will appear?
  • THFourteen 12 Dec 2012 22:52:27 34,483 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I'm looking forward to the iOS update. Won't be buying it straight away as too many games and no time at the mo, but early next year it's a must buy!
  • ibenam 12 Dec 2012 23:05:42 1,573 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @marc_si Not a problem - feed it back to the Marketing guys.

I know the PSP market isnt big but if it works on VITA then surely its worth a few tweaks and a lower price point.

Thanks
  • marc_si 13 Dec 2012 02:37:03 318 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    @marc_si I've got the email for the review code (through Testflight) to review for somewhere else but even though I've registered I've not got anything to download.
    Should show up to download - I'll check with the Producer in the morning to see whats going on.

(I doubt anyone in the UK office is still awake at this point tbh)
  • Ziz0u 13 Dec 2012 09:39:17 8,648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @marc_si

Do you know if Football Manager Handheld 2012 for PSP will drop in price at some stage? It is currently more expensive than the 2013 edition for some reason...
  • THFourteen 13 Dec 2012 09:44:38 34,483 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    you're missing out with the PSP version, the android and ios versions are streets ahead now :-(
  • Ziz0u 13 Dec 2012 09:51:52 8,648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know... but I want to play on my Vita! :(
  • marc_si 13 Dec 2012 14:16:02 318 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:Do you know if Football Manager Handheld 2012 for PSP will drop in price at some stage? It is currently more expensive than the 2013 edition for some reason...
    I don't I'm afraid - I'm just involved in development and leave the business side of things to wiser people than myself ....
  • ibenam 13 Dec 2012 15:19:29 1,573 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Surely on a forum where people gather info to make purchases a PR rep should be posting as opposed to a dev.

Not that i don't appreciate your presence here Marc!
  • Dougs 13 Dec 2012 15:37:14 69,542 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, but we routinely rail against PR people and welcome the lovely people that make the games for us.
  • kentmonkey 13 Dec 2012 19:31:01 20,935 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @marc_si Hey Marc, did you find anything out about the download.

Still nothing showing in Testflight for me, so I can't download to review it.
  • Blaizefm 13 Dec 2012 20:47:43 232 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It doesn't look that much different to last years to be honest. That and the £5.99 upgrade for the sugar daddy option. Really?
  • Fixxxer 13 Dec 2012 22:00:55 1,305 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been saving my Google Play credit for just this occasion. Any chance of some kind of cloud save feature so that I can play the same game on my phone and tablet?
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous