Steambox - Valve's console Page 28

• Page

of 28 First / Last

Next
  • Phattso Moderator 18 Dec 2013 03:30:36 13,199 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But that was the same argument used to justify not supporting the tiny number of Mac gamers, and over the years that stance has also changed to the point where it's (sort of, a bit almost) viable to game on a Mac exclusively.
  • DrStrangelove 18 Dec 2013 03:50:06 3,371 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Chopsen

I don't think they'll make noteworthy use of the Steam controller. They'll make games for XBox and Playstation controllers, and care even less about the Steam controller than about mouse+key.
  • Widge Moderator 18 Dec 2013 11:14:11 13,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just want a front room PC gaming environment, front end for net and media, that is better than Windows 8 is currently.

Anything involving Win 8 desktop is just an immediate NO. I have to set the scaling to 165%, sometimes windows don't display on the screen (biggest crimes are ones that render to a certain size, not allowing resizing or movement, and all the buttons are off the screen - mods in particular), sometimes the toolbar appears in fullscreen videos. It's not good. The only saving grace is Netflix via the Metro screen.

HAS to be something that is viewable from feet away. This is where I want SteamOS to come in. Right now, the games I play are Windows ones, so moving across is not an option. There are plenty in my catalogue that are Linux though, and I could move across to use them. Think I'll wait for the official release though.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Widge Moderator 18 Dec 2013 11:15:53 13,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    @Chopsen

I don't think they'll make noteworthy use of the Steam controller. They'll make games for XBox and Playstation controllers, and care even less about the Steam controller than about mouse+key.
    Steam Controller (for me) is a legacy thing. Or for all those games that will require a mouse to get the most out of.

Planetside 2, Mass Effect series, Elder Scrolls Oblivion... all require me to have a kerfuffle of a KB&M setup right now. Could see other games being much more fun to play with a steampad. The other half could dive into Sims, Civ 5 becomes a reality.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• twelveways 21 Dec 2013 04:12:15 3,846 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have they mentioned if the controller will work on Windows? I am coloured very interested about the controller, not going to shell out on a steambox though as my computer is good enough for me.
  • WrongShui 21 Dec 2013 11:46:00 6,598 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    I just want a front room PC gaming environment, front end for net and media, that is better than Windows 8 is currently.

Anything involving Win 8 desktop is just an immediate NO. I have to set the scaling to 165%, sometimes windows don't display on the screen (biggest crimes are ones that render to a certain size, not allowing resizing or movement, and all the buttons are off the screen - mods in particular), sometimes the toolbar appears in fullscreen videos. It's not good. The only saving grace is Netflix via the Metro screen.

HAS to be something that is viewable from feet away. This is where I want SteamOS to come in. Right now, the games I play are Windows ones, so moving across is not an option. There are plenty in my catalogue that are Linux though, and I could move across to use them. Think I'll wait for the official release though.
    You can turn off font scaling on programs in their properties chum.
  • fletch7100 6 Jan 2014 03:03:46 6,944 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    3rd Parties who are allowed to make their version of the SteamBox

Alienware, Falcon Northwest, iBuyPower, CyberPowerPC, Origin PC, Gigabyte, Materiel.net, Webhallen
  • Page

of 28 First / Last

Next