Dark Souls II Page 16

• Page

of 385 First / Last

• Mola_Ram 2 Jun 2013 12:59:18 7,403 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, I might have ragequit Sen's Fortress if I hadn't found out about the bonfire. And the shortcut.

It did give me one of the funniest moments I've had in the game, though. There were some friends watching me struggle through the thing, screaming in frustration at the swinging blades, rolling boulders and such.

Until, finally, I get some love and find a room with a couple of chests in it. Upon which I proceed to open one of them, only to have the chest eat me.

In hindsight, it was pretty fucking funny. Didn't feel like it at the time though.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 13:04:37 02-06-2013
  • PenguinJim 3 Jun 2013 05:33:53 5,865 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    Praying that DSII will be a launch title. Without wishing to start a war, I think I'll be PS4 this time for Dark Souls 2
    The logos on the banner are for 360 and PS3, which might be an indication of what's going to happen...

PC with DS2fix for me!
  • Dr_Mech 3 Jun 2013 08:48:41 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh in the interview in the magazine I got they confirmed that it won't be a next gen title and they're developing the PC version alongside the console version this time (I suspect probably ditching GFWL for the PC version as well).
  • Telepathic.Geometry 4 Jun 2013 03:05:41 11,327 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm pretty sure that they will rerelease it on next gen though, with some Artorias like extra quests and a few extra bells and whistles and in 1080p. Mark my words...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• teamHAM 11 Jun 2013 13:00:01 2,947 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, Dark Souls II all but confirmed for March 2014, and PC/PS3/X360 only.

I think they've missed a trick here, with being current gen only and both next gen consoles not offering native backward compatibility. I for one won't be keeping back my 360 to play one game.

I guess I could get it on PC, but I imagine a lot of people will have PC's that will struggle to run both GTAV and DSII.

That said, the graphics looks great for a current gen title, just a shame they didn't go that step further and develop for PS4.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• senso-ji 11 Jun 2013 13:04:43 5,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    E3 Trailer:

Getting exciting now :)
  • quadfather 11 Jun 2013 13:13:45 12,152 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    YOWZER

So much newness!!!

2014?

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• ardamillo 11 Jun 2013 13:15:15 523 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dark Souls games have the best trailers
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Jun 2013 14:13:36 17,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It looks like they've really improved the graphics and improved the animations which is a very good thing. The Zweihander-like sword looked like it really has a nice swing to it.

Interesting to see there may be more fights with multiple opponents, one wonders if they will improve the AI so it is no longer possible to pull one and if many of the general battles are going to be even more tough.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Dr_Mech 12 Jun 2013 19:43:06 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm interesting looking at that glass knight boss, looks like looking in the shield has some kind of effect like the Kalameet debuff grab since your armour appears to grow brittle and crystaline.

Wonder if it is a case of it reducing your armour value if you get caught in it.

Quote from the Escapist preview of Dark Souls II
    n addition, the character select system has gone through a complete overhaul. While in the original Dark Souls you'd simply select a pre-made character and change his attributes depending on your playstyle, Dark Souls 2 will introduce a new character generation feature. With character generation, you'll answer a series of questions and set parameters based on how you want to play. Depending on your answers, you'll then be backed in to a specific class that fits your answers.
    Not sure how I feel about that, I liked the idea of look at the stats and description 'this dude is really strong but as thick as a brick, choose him if you want to hit things hard but might not be suitable if you want to be a spellcaster'.

The whole asking questions thing is kind of annoying, I KNOW what kind of character I want to play (the aforementioned drooling idiot with retard strength), just bring it up on the character creation screen damn it!

Bah and you can warp right from the start of the game as well apparently?!

*tableflips* Fast travel is earned, not given, are we not Men, Fromsoft?

But seriously quite looking forward to this.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 20:07:42 12-06-2013
  • Rodriguez 13 Jun 2013 00:26:54 1,094 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi everyone, stumbled across some new footage of this from E3 via IGN[sorry!].

The footage shows off some of the classes that will be playable in DS2. There appears to be a new, dedicated 'Dual Swordsman' class this time round, please correct me if I'm wrong on that though as I haven't played DS in a loooong while!

I'm pretty sure I've said this previously in this thread, but DS2 is looking really nice, both graphically and artistically. I just hope From port this over to next-gen though so we can at least have a silky smooth frame-rate, especially if they plan on implementing any type of Blighttown area this time! Perhaps they could throw in some even more crisp textures too just to enhance it further and sweeten the deal as well as making use of the hopefully improved online infrastructures of PS4/XB1.

Anyway, new footage below - it's surely enough to make quadfather break out in cold sweats :p

Classes shown:
    -Warrior Knight
    -Sorcerer
    -Temple Knight
    -Dual Swordsman
  • Nanocrystal 13 Jun 2013 04:11:33 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love me some halberd.
  • PenguinJim 13 Jun 2013 05:35:51 5,865 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yay! Couldn't get a decent dual-wield character working on DS. This might be good news.

Also: "retard strength". o_O What a Google search that was!
  • Lotos8ter 13 Jun 2013 07:43:01 2,360 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice one Rodriguez. Really fancy the dual wield character but hoping we can still mould our own characters rather than being stuck in a prescribed route.

Fiat Lux

• King_Edward 13 Jun 2013 07:46:16 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Knight's animations still look so wrong, I think the demo may have the characters weight class locked to fast rolling, as the same animations look fine on the other classes.

That magic sword sorcery looks cool too.
  • Widge Moderator 13 Jun 2013 09:36:06 13,593 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That looks excellent. I love the unique look of the characters in different classes. A real identity to fighting styles. The graphical touches work really well too.

Easily the most anticipated game to come for me.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• senso-ji 13 Jun 2013 10:03:29 5,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Look excellent. My only (minor) concern is that demo might be running on a PC, and so the smooth framerate and polished graphical touches might not be so hot on the PS3/360 . Still, the environment, enemy and armour designs are beautiful and the combat looks solid, so I'm on board.
  • quadfather 13 Jun 2013 10:09:39 12,152 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rodriguez - Looks amazing! Love the setting, buildings, atmosphere, monsters, attacks, everything!

Can't wait ffs

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• FanBoysSuck 13 Jun 2013 12:16:02 1,482 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow it looks beautiful! I love what they've done with the sorcerer, it fits the setting a lot more than the ones in the first game. It's interesting that they've made faith a more buff based tool by the sounds of it. It felt like sorceries ginger step brother previously.

For the emperor!

• Rodriguez 13 Jun 2013 23:57:55 1,094 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather

Had a feeling you'd enjoy that vid, I'm glad everyone else did too, even if it was just a tantalising snippet of gameplay! Shame we can't just all flip our calenders to March 2014 right now... only about 9ish-months left to wait till release :cry:

Anyway, regarding the classes shown, I have to say that whilst I don't normally lean toward magic classes in most RPG's I play, that Sorcerer looked like it's all kinds of funky! I also really liked the look of the new Dual Swordsman class too, as it's bound to up the tension a fair bit if your main focus is to not have a shield throughout the game but instead be all about the pure offence! After all, offence can sometimes be the best defence... until you get properly mullered that is :p!

Those enemies that the Temple Knight was facing off against looked fun, all swirly death kicks and slashes - though ultimately sure to end up as fodder for experienced players!
  • Dr_Mech 14 Jun 2013 01:31:17 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm judging by the fact that the Sorcerer was using Pyromancies with a catalyst, that puts the timeline of the game at after Gwyn linked the fires (since that is when bonfires came about) but before the Bed of Chaos Incident since that was when the Fire Sorceries were lost and Pyromancy came about.

Now whereabouts that relates to the actual timeline, bugger knows, not sure if it is before or after Oolicile got swallowed by the Abyss, probably before since Ancient Dragons are shown (which are apparently different from Eternal Dragons) and Kalameet is the "last of the Ancient Dragons" during the DLC.

The trouble is placing the DLC in the timeline since one person refers to it as if it is ancient legend while another says it is only centuries ago.
  • Lotos8ter 14 Jun 2013 08:05:06 2,360 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The fog gates in DS2 look more like the ethereal, shimmering mysterious portals from Demon's Souls. Which is nice.

Really wish this was a next gen title though. I was going to clear my backlog (no ni kuni -I'm looking at you) before picking up a PS4 st launch and trading the PS3. Now its going to get complicated if they insist on releasing this on PS360 only (and my PC won't run it)

Fiat Lux

• Deleted user 14 June 2013 08:28:42
    Currently loving the original and I think I will wait until others discover things for me first as I would have quit the original by now if I had to discover everything myself. :) so xmas next year treat.
  • RetardStrong 14 Jun 2013 09:15:55 3,229 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @PenguinJim :(
  • ardamillo 14 Jun 2013 09:43:09 523 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Lotos8ter Yeah my 360 is on its last legs already. I'd really like to play it on a PS4. Then again, neither it or Xbone are out in Japan until 2014.

The Sorc and the Temple Knight both look like classes I was trying to play as in DS, so this is looking pretty good to me.
  • senso-ji 14 Jun 2013 09:46:39 5,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was hoping that , as they're working on the PC version, they'd have an easier time porting to to Xbox One and PS4, due to the architecture of those two platforms. Maybe, like DS on PC, they'll release next gen versions with added content a few months after March 2014.

Edited by senso-ji at 09:47:12 14-06-2013
  • Widge Moderator 14 Jun 2013 12:58:41 13,593 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm going to attempt to play the second game blind. I want everything to be a surprise. Every undiscovered secret, every boss toppled.

I've had a hand hold in the first two games enough to dare to try this myself.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Dr_Mech 14 Jun 2013 13:12:22 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'll be playing it on day of release, hell I may even book two weeks off of work for the release day just so I can dark souls it up, I won't be playing it blind (I'll be chatting with people on the forums naturally) BUT I just know if there is a boss with a tail I'm going to try my best to cut the fucker off.
  • mcmothercruncher 14 Jun 2013 18:36:05 7,079 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Even given the cultural divide, boy those interviews look awkward, eh?

I liked the sorcerer best and, much against how I started several play throughs, the magic character in Dark Souls ended up being my favourite to play due to the inherent initial mile weakness.
    It's nice to see them extending the logic of the tracers and catering specifically to a dual wield setup.

And it's good to see the angry-grunts-petulantly-destroying-boxes thing is still there-I'd call that a bonefide series hallmark at this point!

I agree with teamHAM though, the release timing is awkward, I always sell a console to buy a console, I've no interest in running two concurrently and faffing around keeping two sets of controllers etc charged. I can't see me putting the several hundred hours of playtime into II as I have for Demon's/Dark then which is really sad.
  • Dr_Mech 17 Jun 2013 01:35:09 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also news on the Mirror Knight boss fight which was playable in the E3 Demo.

That move where he slams his shield into the ground, it summons a mirror image crystal version of you and if you're playing online, it is another player, like the Old Monk in Demon Souls, throwing in PvP for a bossfight.

However it is only if you let him get the move off apparently, that is all I know, I'm assuming it is going to be like the Artorias damage buff buildup and you have to poisebreak him out of it.
  • Page

of 385 First / Last