Dark Souls II Page 15

• Page

of 390 First / Last

• Elathron 17 Apr 2013 18:55:23 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• SomaticSense 17 Apr 2013 19:16:49 9,192 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @SomaticSense - True! Also affecting more than 3 players, who could be ANYWHERE in the game. Annoying that that gives you a <5% chance of actually being in the same area as your quarry...

EDIT: Or did they fix that in the last patch?
    I put around a hundred hours into the PTE edition after the patch which supposedly fixed it, and I still didn't come across any Gravelord events.

With how I understands the methods it uses (randomly affects a small number of other's worlds), it needs much higher numbers in every area for the events to affect more than 10% of DkS players. The variables for an event to leak to your world are just crazy even after the patch.

It's like the Vagrants as well. They are such fantastic ideas that it is a massive shame only a small percentage of DkS players will even see something like that once. The numbers need more than a slight tweaking in order for them to be something players fear happening in their game. At the moment they may as well not be there.

Something like a working Gravelord covenant, which is a real threat to every DkS2 player would enhance the feeling of trepidation within the game. It should be as intrinsic to to the experience as player invasions.

Please make it happen From!

Edited by SomaticSense at 19:28:50 17-04-2013
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 20:00:37
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I'd so completely be a gravelord if it worked. Have my minions do all the hard work while I hid.
    Best example I've seen of someone doing Gravelording "correctly" in Dark Souls. Not only are they kick arse at PVP but it's clever too.

Something along these lines that works functionally is all I ask, it's not too much of a request, is it?!

• Rodriguez 17 Apr 2013 20:30:57 1,119 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    I'd like the covenant thing to be flesh out out a bit and made more accessible at the start. EG I've had great fun rolling a faith based sun bro but the pissing about at the start to join was annoying. Having the ability to either start or have early access to the PvP role playing aspect would be awesome.
    Hi rafe. I guess one of the only ways From could successfully implement that would be to include an option in the character creation part before you even start the game proper. So you pick your gender, class and looks and then additionally pick an alignment/covenant to be a part of that ties directly to your development throughout the game.

Perhaps this could then allow the unlocking of specific abilities as you reach certain level limits and perhaps even provide a choice of a selection of abilities at those levels (like Fallout style 'perks') in order to stop people having identikit characters within a chosen covenant. Tying in to what Ironlungs was saying about having better abilities it could perhaps allow you to follow a path to being say, a dedicated healer, focusing heavily on healing magic/ability 'perks'.

Thinking about it, I suppose that one of the flaws of the covenants in Dark, aside from some of them being broken and not being deep enough, was that they were spread out all over the game world and you came across some earlier than others which encouraged people to switch to try them out. There was no "loyalty" encouraged to stop people chopping and changing, whereas perhaps having been given a choice that you have to stick to earlier on could have been better and allowed a deeper pool of enhancements and rewards for being with a particular covenant.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 20:33:40
    Oh, and another thing, more than 10 characters per save file please.

I dread to think how many hundreds of hours of gameplay I've deleted over different characters just to make space to re-roll a new one. That would be super.
  • Rodriguez 17 Apr 2013 21:14:14 1,119 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Oh, and another thing, more than 10 characters per save file please.

I dread to think how many hundreds of hours of gameplay I've deleted over different characters just to make space to re-roll a new one. That would be super.
    If you think that's bad Ironlungs you should play Dragon's Dogma, sheesh! Don't get me wrong, it's a really great game but damn... one save file that covers everything! Want a new character? Save over your other one cos that's all you're getting :o!
  • Widge Moderator 18 Apr 2013 09:03:06 13,746 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ironlungs76 What is up with the behaviour of that big knight? Sometimes it is aggro'd, sometimes it just stands around...

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Elathron 18 Apr 2013 12:38:10 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Widge - it's had undead rapport cast on it... and someone's wearing the lingering dragoncrest ring to keep it on his side. It's a very horrible tactic to use in PvP, no-one expects the AI to attack (*especially not one of those f***ers) when you're invading someone elses world!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 19 Apr 2013 14:44:59 2,438 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've finished with Dark Souls, I'm currently still playing demons.
    Towers of Latria are scary as. Hope theres a level like that in DS2
  • convercide 19 Apr 2013 16:13:38 6,210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I'd so completely be a gravelord if it worked. Have my minions do all the hard work while I hid.
    Best example I've seen of someone doing Gravelording "correctly" in Dark Souls. Not only are they kick arse at PVP but it's clever too.

Something along these lines that works functionally is all I ask, it's not too much of a request, is it?!

Only just watched that and it is frankly genius.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Widge Moderator 19 Apr 2013 16:15:29 13,746 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @Widge - it's had undead rapport cast on it... and someone's wearing the lingering dragoncrest ring to keep it on his side. It's a very horrible tactic to use in PvP, no-one expects the AI to attack (*especially not one of those f***ers) when you're invading someone elses world!
    That is so clever! This is what I love about the game, it literally encourages you to use your wits as you see fit.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 19 Apr 2013 16:16:10 13,746 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I've finished with Dark Souls, I'm currently still playing demons.
    Towers of Latria are scary as. Hope theres a level like that in DS2
    Its crazy. The sound usage actually makes the place feel humid. Claustrophobic. Horrible place in a great way!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Architect_z 23 Apr 2013 14:34:37 2,438 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone thought about what kind of build they will use for Dark Souls II?

I love strength classes because using big shields and weapons is fun.
    Dex I find less fun but you get access to more interesting weapons.
    I also love using faith.
    And I love starting as the hunter class because of the bow and arrow you can get.
    But both souls games i've always started as the knight class.

Decisions.....
  • Tuffty 23 Apr 2013 14:52:24 1,746 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doesn't matter to me, I'll end up playing as them all anyway!
  • King_Edward 23 Apr 2013 16:54:08 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Normally I start off tanking it with a big shield and bigger sword. I might try and be less reliant on my shield this time though, if the torch is used a lot.
  • Rhaegyr 23 Apr 2013 17:06:23 2,750 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Most likely as a Knight - started with this class for both Demon's and Dark Souls.

Anyone hoping it's easier to co-op? Whilst I'm a big fan of playing the game as intended the first time round, on subsequent playthrough's I wish I could've met with some friends easily and complete the game in tandem.

I'd be happy with the Demon's Souls system coming back, which may be possible due to the dedicated servers (yay)!
  • Dangerous_Dan 23 Apr 2013 17:22:35 2,378 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Usually a thief (fast weapons + bow) with additionally low stats utility spells.
  • SparkyMarky81 23 Apr 2013 17:27:11 567 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Going back to the subject of Gravelording for a moment, I had my first gravelord experience yesterday but the first I knew of it was when a message popped up to say the gravelord had been defeated and the curse lifted.

Didn't even know I was cursed. In hindsight, the only difference i could think of was that there were possibly a few more skeletons than usual in some areas of the Catacombs.
  • mothercruncher 23 Apr 2013 20:19:20 7,881 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Literally every kind of build. I'll start with one type and work through them one by one :)
  • fiery_jackass 24 Apr 2013 08:17:12 559 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You need to be in ng+ to see gravelord phantoms, I believe (you'll see "disasters have gone" messages in ng but not monsters).

I see them reasonably regularly in pvp hotspots. The ones in Oolacile are a bit of a nightmare.

Much prefer covenants to world tendency (not that they're mutually exclusive). Just needs the implementation tweaked.
  • Elathron 24 Apr 2013 10:23:05 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, I've heard gravelording is an NG+ thing before, but I've had players invade an SL10 in NG who was Gravelording? I can probs get a video up of it too if needs be, I sat in the Burg and loads of newbs kept invading. Poor sods thought they were being summoned for help with the Taurus... Oops. The Grim Reaper got paid that day.

EDIT: May well have been due to BB glitch though, it was a mule character used for dropping items to the needy so the game's settings may have thought the char was in NG+... If so, my bad!

Edited by Elathron at 10:26:48 24-04-2013

• SomaticSense 24 Apr 2013 13:02:44 9,192 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Anyone thought about what kind of build they will use for Dark Souls II?

I love strength classes because using big shields and weapons is fun.
    Dex I find less fun but you get access to more interesting weapons.
    I also love using faith.
    And I love starting as the hunter class because of the bow and arrow you can get.
    But both souls games i've always started as the knight class.

Decisions.....
    Yup.

I'll be using the one build I found most fun and was best suited to my play style: the fast rolling dex mage ninja!
  • Architect_z 24 Apr 2013 14:15:41 2,438 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Argh all dex machines! In that case I shall be the Strength/Tank dude!

I will crush all you thiefs and wanderers.

Muahhaahahaha

Edited by Architect_z at 14:17:39 24-04-2013
  • King_Edward 2 Jun 2013 09:05:26 11,471 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • Dr_Mech 2 Jun 2013 11:12:48 1,050 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know this is probably old news but picked up an Xbox magazine because it had a developer interview for Dark Souls II in it.

Wow I'm guessing that being Japanese Devs they really didn't know that 'accessible' has somewhat become a dirty word among gamers in the English speaking countries since they made it very clear that they really meant streamlined (I'm guessing making Covenants a bit more obvious what they do exactly etc.).

I will play a tank build, I ALWAYS play a tank build in every RPG I play. In all the Fallout games (1,2,3 and NV) I'm as dumb as lobotomied pig but hit like a freight train (though with Fallout 3 and the chance of succes on speech challenges it did make him seem like an idiot savant due to occasionally coming out with really poignant stuff).

So it shall be, so it has been. Heavy armour, big shield, big weapon, smacking the crap out of people.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 11:15:22 02-06-2013
  • Lotos8ter 2 Jun 2013 11:21:14 2,366 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Praying that DSII will be a launch title. Without wishing to start a war, I think I'll be PS4 this time for Dark Souls 2

Fiat Lux

• ardamillo 2 Jun 2013 11:39:02 525 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope by streamlined they mean they won't shaft you for not having a guide this time.

I was so annoyed when I found there was a hidden save spot in Sen's Fortress, that would have saved me hours of grief. Not cool.
  • Metalfish 2 Jun 2013 11:52:03 8,874 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ardamillo wrote:
    I was so annoyed when I found there was a hidden save spot in Sen's Fortress, that would have saved me hours of grief. Not cool.
    Yeah, that was complete bullshit. I was having trouble with Sens so I watched a vid of someone going through the blades and ending up at that bonfire. It was a bullshit move to put that out of sight.
  • Dr_Mech 2 Jun 2013 12:27:01 1,050 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Especially when the game teaches you that shit like jumping off ledges is pretty much fatal in all instance EXCEPT that one which leads to a bonfire AND you're under pressure to run because if you don't move quickly you get firebombed by the giant.

I do think that particular instance was one dick move too far.

Mind you initial release of Dark Souls had a lot of dickish things that got toned down, the Arse slam demons in Lost Izalith just made the area a chore (who here spent 30 minutes + slowly bow killing each one in order to make it?), their ridiculous aggro ranges and the fact their attacks are basically unblockable meant you couldn't just run through it.

The positioning of the two archers ontop of the Tarus Demon tower meant one actually blocked you at the top of the ladder from rolling to avoid getting hit unless you timed your invincibility frames perfectly was another one that got towned down where they moved the archers away from the ladder.

It is good to see they notice when they're not being difficult/challenging but either boring (lost Izalith) or just annoying (Tarus archers). I wonder if we'll see a repeat of the infamous Anor Londo archers in Dark Souls 2 though.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 12:30:11 02-06-2013
  • oldschoolsoviet 2 Jun 2013 12:47:11 5,555 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Lotos8ter

You missed that linked pic then ? Mar 2014.
  • Page

of 390 First / Last