Dark Souls II

• Page

of 385 First / Last

Previous
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Dec 2012 07:11:33 11,203 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hopelessness, Despair, and Impending Doom Arrives With Dark Souls II

SAN JOSE, Calif. – December 7, 2012 – Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today proudly announces that the critically acclaimed Dark Souls™ saga marches forward with Dark Souls™ II, currently in development at FromSoftware in Tokyo, Japan. Dark Souls II will continue a legacy of goading its passionate fan base with unrelenting challenge and suffering that are considered a hallmark of the series; while presenting new devilishly devised obstacles for players to overcome. Dark Souls II will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PCs.

Built upon the foundation established by Souls series creator and Dark Souls II Supervisor, Hidetaka Miyazaki with development helmed by FromSoftware Director Tomohiro Shibuya, Dark Souls II will feature a new hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive in while delivering its signature brand of unrelenting punishment that players hunger for. Epic battles with gruesome enemies and blood-thirsty bosses await adventurers as they traverse through a devastated world filled with death and despair; only those who are strong willed or cunning can survive this journey to achieve great glory. Players seeking to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others.

“Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime fans and attract new comers to the series,” says Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “FromSoftware is going to take a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark on this journey.”

“This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series,” says Tomohiro Shibuya, FromSoftware Director on Dark Souls II. “The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey.” ..

More details surrounding Dark Souls II will become available in the months leading to its release. Begin your Dark Souls II journey at www.DarkSoulsII.com or join the Dark Souls II conversation on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/DARKSOULS or follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/Filthierich

Edited by binky at 09:59:22 09-04-2014

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Folant 8 Dec 2012 07:29:04 1,166 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    One thing I'd maybe like to see, aside from the bone breaking difficulty of the game itself, is for the developers to put in some hard hitting moral choices/something that sits in the heart.

It's hard to do, outside of "Kill this important NPC for a super rare super awesome item", but if done right, it'll add a new layer of difficulty. One that can't be overcome by repeating a level over and over until you get it right.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• mcmothercruncher 8 Dec 2012 09:09:58 7,069 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I came to make a Dark Souls II thread, if there wasn't one already.

Woke up to the most exciting news of my life (baby and all that boring stuff aside, natch).

Hurt me From Software, HURT ME BAD TO MY VERY CORE!!!

/ahem.
  • mcmothercruncher 8 Dec 2012 09:11:42 7,069 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dark Souls II website.
    Bring a warm coat- it's chilly.
  • ZuluHero 8 Dec 2012 09:21:20 4,146 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I look forward to coming to this thread for the next couple of years. :)
  • hypoBla5t 8 Dec 2012 09:32:56 1,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FUUUUUUUUCK!! Amazing scenes.
  • FanBoysSuck 8 Dec 2012 09:37:04 1,482 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck yeah! Let the pain begin again!

I hope they expand on the story and covenants aspect.

For the emperor!

• spamdangled 8 Dec 2012 09:47:41 27,355 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I guess this means I should get back to cracking on with finishing the first one.

Not to mention Demon's Souls.

Excellent games, excellent news. Iron out the few niggles it has (and no, its difficulty isn't one of them) and they could have a game that's as technically amazing as it is amazing to play.

Also, looks like it could be a last hurrah for this gen?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Benno 8 Dec 2012 09:58:16 9,898 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wish it was a next gen title, I would be more than happy to wait a couple of years
  • King_Edward 8 Dec 2012 10:02:13 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Folant wrote:
    One thing I'd maybe like to see, aside from the bone breaking difficulty of the game itself, is for the developers to put in some hard hitting moral choices/something that sits in the heart.

It's hard to do, outside of "Kill this important NPC for a super rare super awesome item", but if done right, it'll add a new layer of difficulty. One that can't be overcome by repeating a level over and over until you get it right.
    There are already choices in the, game, they're just not labelled for you, and have no obvious outcome, except the big one.

I'd be extremely put off by any Mass Effect style morality guage trying to funnel the way I play the game.
  • Trafford 8 Dec 2012 10:03:23 5,791 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Release date? Given that they only announced Dark Souls 6 months before release, this could be out next winter.

Happy Happy.
  • spamdangled 8 Dec 2012 10:27:54 27,355 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Preview of the game is the cover story of the next issue of edge apparently:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/introducing-edge-249-dark-souls-ii-unveiled/

Warning: the mission statement for this one is is "more approachable and understandable"

And Miyazaki is no longer in charge.

Edited by darkmorgado at 10:30:52 08-12-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 8 December 2012 10:31:58
    Absolutely loved Dark Souls but got distracted and finding it too hard to get back into. Which is a shame as along with Demons Souls it is one of the best games ever.
  • jellyBelly 8 Dec 2012 11:23:53 414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    intestinal fortitude?

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Deleted user 8 December 2012 11:27:24
    After playing Dark souls, only just recently and enjoying it so much, i'm here day one for this one.

Getting a very lotr to mount doom feel about that trailer. If they combined journey and dark souls, it could literally be the best game ever made.
  • teamHAM 8 Dec 2012 11:39:27 2,937 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apparently this will be set in a new world, with an entirely new story.

To be expected I guess considering what they have done with Boletaria and Lordran but it would have been nice if they continued some of the lore and answered some of the questions from Dark Souls. Seems a shame to pack away for good all the background lore that they meticulously crafted into their world.

And yeah, Miyazaki taking a bit of a back seat but still in a supervising role and no doubt will have an influence on DS2. While they did say it will be more approachable hopefully this does not mean it will be a copy of all the other mainstream conveyer belt "AAA" releases that flood the market.

If Dark Souls loses the challenge and difficulty then it loses its identity and USP.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• AcidSnake 8 Dec 2012 11:39:37 7,268 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Excellent news...Kind of glad they're staying in Lordran as there was so much still left to tell...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• mcmothercruncher 8 Dec 2012 11:46:00 7,069 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    ... would have been nice if they continued some of the lore and answered some of the questions from Dark Souls. Seems a shame to pack away for good all the background lore that they meticulously crafted into their world.
    Don't worry, they'll have a ridiculously large headwrap in Dark Souls II, erm, too.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2012 11:46:41
    @teamHAM I'm sure it will have some links to Lordran in the lore, hopefully not just a patches cameo appearance. Lots of giant dragon skeletons means that its still set after the war between Gwyn and the dragons.

Wonder if it will still be the humanity/hollow system in the game.

Also liked the shot of the woman in robes handing a pendant over to the knight in the trailer.
    It'd be interesting if the second game reflected the ending of Dark Souls with a save read system.

Either way happy to see a new souls game out.
  • teamHAM 8 Dec 2012 11:48:05 2,937 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    ... would have been nice if they continued some of the lore and answered some of the questions from Dark Souls. Seems a shame to pack away for good all the background lore that they meticulously crafted into their world.
    Don't worry, they'll have a ridiculously large headwrap in Dark Souls II, erm, too.
    That's what I was hoping. I do like my late night roleplay.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• spamdangled 8 Dec 2012 12:08:58 27,355 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    @teamHAM I'm sure it will have some links to Lordran in the lore, hopefully not just a patches cameo appearance. Lots of giant dragon skeletons means that its still set after the war between Gwyn and the dragons.

Wonder if it will still be the humanity/hollow system in the game.

Also liked the shot of the woman in robes handing a pendant over to the knight in the trailer.
    It'd be interesting if the second game reflected the ending of Dark Souls with a save read system.

Either way happy to see a new souls game out.
    It would be funny if it allows you to import the pendant, only for it to have no use in this game either.

• King_Edward 8 Dec 2012 12:24:50 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That would be a very Dark Souls thing to do. :)
  • ZuluHero 8 Dec 2012 12:28:15 4,146 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Preview of the game is the cover story of the next issue of edge apparently:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/introducing-edge-249-dark-souls-ii-unveiled/

Warning: the mission statement for this one is is "more approachable and understandable"

And Miyazaki is no longer in charge.
    That prerendered preview video shows that's its going to remain on brand. And as others have said Miyazaki is still having a supervisory role. We will see, but I have no concerns.
  • TOOTR 8 Dec 2012 12:38:50 9,558 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Day 1 purchase no doubt about it.

Thrilled.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Buztafen 8 Dec 2012 12:40:07 16,232 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This just made my day...possibly my whole month actually. Christmass has come early! \o/
  • robthehermit 8 Dec 2012 12:59:37 4,075 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just made a sex wee.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Deleted user 8 December 2012 13:05:04
    If it comes to the wiiU they can use the game pad as a death counter.
  • mcmothercruncher 8 Dec 2012 14:02:42 7,069 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm hoping for Blight Town mkII, this time with half the framerate ;)
  • Page

of 385 First / Last

Previous