Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Zavvi playing silly suggers with order

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • YenRug 7 Dec 2012 17:55:22 2,129 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has anyone else had their pre-order for MH3 Ultimate cancelled by Zavvi?

I placed a pre-order for it on 22nd of November, finding that the "secret" code I had been sent was for 15% off and usable on it, knowing that their release date of 30th of November was incorrect and that it was due around March. I then received an e-mail on Monday night saying that, as their supplier could not source the game at all, they were cancelling my order; finding this to be rather bizarre, I decided to contact them:

Sent by: You. 04 December 2012, 24:10

Why have you cancelled this order? It's not due for release until March 2013, whilst you seem to mistakenly believe that it's no longer available; the opposite is true, it's not even been released yet. Please reinstate this order as it was.
    Sent by: zavvi. 05 December 2012, 14:48

Thanks for getting in touch to ask for an update on your recent order.

I'm really sorry to let you know that we've had to cancel your order for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [Games Wii-U] because our suppliers were unable to provide it.

I understand how disappointing this must be and we have tried other suppliers, however we haven't had any luck. We'll be taking the item off our website.

Don't worry, we haven't charged you for the order.

If there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Adam

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team
    (This was pretty much a repeat of what was in the cancellation e-mail.)

Sent by: You. 05 December 2012, 15:16

Can someone with a brain actually read my previous message, please? Your suppliers are unable to provide you with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate because it hasn't been released yet, it is a PRE-ORDER! You haven't failed to deliver it to me because I am not expecting it until around March 2013, it's only your own website that has had it down for release on the 30th of November.

Again, reinstate my order as it was originally placed and sort out your release database.
    Sent by: zavvi. 07 December 2012, 15:20

Thanks for getting in touch. Firstly, may I apologise that my colleague did not fully read or understand your initial email message. I have checked into this for you and unfortunately your order has been cancelled. This is because, as you rightly stated, the release date has been delayed until aroud March and so it was decided to temporarily take the item off sale from our website as we are as yet unsure whether this date will then be definite or liable to change once again. I am sorry we have had to cancel your item and could not keep it registered as a pre-order on our system. I hope you keep checking our site nearer to the time and decide to pre-order then.

If there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Dominic

Sent by: You. 07 December 2012, 17:12

I'm sorry, but that's just complete rubbish. I've got another pre-order which I placed on the 22nd of JULY for a game which is coming out on 25th of JANUARY; when that order is processed, it will have been SIX months, yet you're telling me that you can't maintain a pre-order in your system until March? Unless your database is straining at its seams and about to explode, because of all the items you keep adding to it, your argument is completely ludicrous and without merit.
    I'm now hoping that they don't go and cancel my pre-order for Ni No Kuni, just to spite me.

So, has anyone still got their MH3 Ultimate pre-order active, so that I can use that as ammunition for the ongoing discussion?

Edited by YenRug at 17:57:10 07-12-2012
  • Gambit1977 7 Dec 2012 18:06:17 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They're a right bunch of suggers/ruggers/tuggers/muggers/buggers

*Delete as applicable
  • MoGamer2006 7 Dec 2012 18:12:01 975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mate, following my experiences with my Wii U pre-order, I'd recommend NEVER pre-ordering anything from The Hut, Zavvi, IWOOT or any other shit-muncher from The Hut Group.

My Wii U is *STILL* in 'Awaiting Stock Pick' hell. Apparently I can't cancel it as it's being prepared for dispatch - which they told me on Tuesday! So here I am a week after launch with no Wii U, with an order that's not even been dispatched and that I can't frikkin' cancel! Surely this is illegal?

Edited by MoGamer2006 at 18:12:36 07-12-2012
  • YenRug 7 Dec 2012 19:42:41 2,129 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MoGamer2006

My ZombiU bundle came from Zavvi, received it on day of release.
  • Gambit1977 7 Dec 2012 19:44:06 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    @MoGamer2006

My ZombiU bundle came from Zavvi, received it on day of release.
    Oooh you're evil! :lol:
  • MoGamer2006 8 Dec 2012 00:01:43 975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @YenRug

Well, you deserve your MH3 pain then... ;)
  • Raiko101 8 Dec 2012 05:21:31 6,222 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @MoGamer2006 Can you not go to you bank and block any transactions with them? That way, they don't get your money, wont give you a Wii U and you can get one somewhere else.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• YenRug 12 Dec 2012 15:49:47 2,129 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow, only took them 5 days to come back with a BS answer!

Sent by: zavvi. 12 December 2012, 1:37

Thanks for getting in touch about your order.

I can confirm the reason the item was cancelled is that it is not currently available for pre-order on our website. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Michael

• Page

of 1

Previous Next