Rugby World Cup 2015

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • mcmonkeyplc 4 Dec 2012 12:59:50 39,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No thread on this despite the draw already being held?!

Draw as follows:

Pool A: Australia, England, Wales, Oceania 1, play-off winner
    Pool B: South Africa, Samoa, Scotland, Asia 1, Americas 2
    Pool C: New Zealand, Argentina, Tonga, Europe 1, Africa 1
    Pool D: France, Ireland, Italy, Americas 1, Europe 2

Cheeky wales asks to play England in the "finest rugby stadium in the world"

RFU politely tells Wales to piss off

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 13:00:15 04-12-2012

Come and get it cumslingers!

• LeoliansBro 4 Dec 2012 13:04:32 43,236 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The England Wales match is going to be HUGE.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Trane 4 Dec 2012 13:05:34 4,050 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Both teams in 'we want home games' shocker. Unforunately, neither of them make the decision.

The Millenium stadium is a far better sporting venue than Twickenham in all but capacity, but as it's England's WC I fully expect them to host that particular match.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2012 13:09:53
    Me on sat to dad: I think i'm going to plan a travel trip around the next world cup.

/checks locations..... England. Oh.

Still going to def try and see a couple of matches if i can.
  • Kostabi 4 Dec 2012 13:10:02 4,878 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Personally I think it'd be good to have that match played up north, isn't Old Trafford one of the RWC venues?
  • mcmonkeyplc 4 Dec 2012 13:15:26 39,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Old Trafford is one of the candidate stadiums.

I personally think Twickers is the best stadium we have in the country.

Wembley feels like a space ship and you feel too far from the action even in the middle of the stadium.

The Millennium stadium is nice as cosy. Good location for Cardiff city centre but that's about it. It's nothing special.

Old trafford is up there with the best but it's the stadium of a major football club so anything else going on doesn't really feel right.

Lives in Twickenham

Supports Man Utd

Shhhhh

• jampar 4 Dec 2012 14:26:49 59 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Both teams in 'we want home games' shocker. Unforunately, neither of them make the decision.

The Millenium stadium is a far better sporting venue than Twickenham in all but capacity, but as it's England's WC I fully expect them to host that particular match.
    I have to disagree on this one. The atmosphere at a wales vs england match at the millennium beats out every other ground, but the facility itself is absolutely woeful. terrible pitch, terrible toilets, ridiculous bar queues, it simply does not compare to any of the other stadiums. The only one i have not been to is Rome.
  • THFourteen 4 Dec 2012 14:28:12 32,872 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:Old trafford is up there with the best but it's the stadium of a major football club so anything else going on doesn't really feel right.
    I thought City played at the Etihad?
  • Trane 4 Dec 2012 14:37:22 4,050 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jampar wrote:
    Trane wrote:

I have to disagree on this one. The atmosphere at a wales vs england match at the millennium beats out every other ground, but the facility itself is absolutely woeful. terrible pitch, terrible toilets, ridiculous bar queues, it simply does not compare to any of the other stadiums. The only one i have not been to is Rome.
    Well, as someone who goes to matches to watch the game rather than drink, I don't need to spend all my time queueing for drinks and pissing. I go to the Millenium once in the 6N and once in the autumn at least - and have done for 10+ years, so I'm certainly biased in that respect, but I've also been to all the other home nations stadiums at least once. I just think the location plays a massive part in building a great atmosphere throughout the city on match day, there's always good mingling between home & away fans and never any trouble that I've seen. And of course the layout of the stadium itself is what builds the great atmosphere, it's pretty steep and closed off.

But yeah I agree on the state of the pitch, it's shocking :(
  • mcmonkeyplc 4 Dec 2012 14:58:48 39,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Been to Twickenham before a major game?

• Trane 4 Dec 2012 15:08:08 4,050 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Been to Twickenham before a major game?
    Yeah 2008, spent some time working in Teddington too, just round the corner. It really is a lovely place.
  • Ultrasoundwave 4 Dec 2012 15:11:58 3,267 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really hope Wales shape up before then, because at the moment things are not good.

Three main problems i can make out : 1) Players who are more interested in gym work and getting ripped rather than improving their rugby skills, 2) Gatland losing interest due to his Lions commitments and 3) Rhys Priestland.

:rolleyes:

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Zizoo 4 Dec 2012 15:20:31 8,115 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SA or New Zealand to win it.
  • THFourteen 4 Dec 2012 15:32:56 32,872 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @mcmonkeyplc

whats twickenham like to live in? we are thinking of moving there next year if we can afford a place

/offtopic
  • fergal_oc 4 Dec 2012 15:43:22 2,763 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If you move to twickers make sure you've got a decent sized front garden so that you can install a massive bbq for match days.

As for the RWC it's such a long way off that we have no idea what the teams will look like let alone what their form will be heading in to it. The English boys have definitely made the Lions selection a bit tastier but the 6N is where it's at and I expect another Welsh grand slam.
  • mcmonkeyplc 4 Dec 2012 16:00:03 39,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @THFourteen

Quite. It's a decent place to bring up a family. It's got decent links to central london via rail and loads of buses to Richmond where you can get the crappy district line.

I've lived here most of my life and the only problem I have with it is that it's quite and takes ages to get back from central london after a night out on the lash.

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 16:01:31 04-12-2012

• THFourteen 5 Dec 2012 07:28:51 32,872 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Take it you mean Quiet rather than Quite ;-)

We were looking at some of the roads just north of the station last week. Had a look at the train times, looks like about 20mins from waterloo at 11.30/11.58pm, thats not too bad after a night out

If we find anywhere to move next year you can come round and watch the annual Arsenal Old Trafford drubbing. Just don't tell my wife i know you from the internet.
  • mcmonkeyplc 5 Dec 2012 07:37:19 39,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah quiet. I'll blame auto correct for that. :)

A word of obvious warning though, it gets very busy during a major Rugby event.

I'm from uni obviously, not the internets.

• jampar 5 Dec 2012 15:26:15 59 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Trane Agreed re the location, it is brilliant to be in Cardiff on match day, and just wander in to the stadium. I just think it is such a shame that in building a brand spanking new stadium, they could not design it to be more user friendly.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next