Lego City : Undercover Page 16

• Page

of 19 First / Last

• Red_Bool 5 Apr 2013 11:46:07 1,178 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lego batman 2 is awesome - it has a full size gotham city you can explore and there's lot's of stuff to do and great characters to unlock (and the first time you take to the air with superman will have you grinning like an idiot :D) - it is a bit shorter on missions than the first one though, but it will take you longer to 100% (find all bricks etc.)

I can't tell how it compares to LCU yet, but the enthousiasm in this thread has convinced me to order LCU (that and a coupon that eased the pain on my wallet to a mere 15 euros ;)) - should be turning up in the mail tomorrow \o/
  • addyb 5 Apr 2013 11:49:42 1,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks guys. Its £18.99 in Argos at present but I've got a £10 voucher so £8.99. Tempted to get it but I also don't want Lego burnout. (No not the driving game. Lol )
  • JYM60 5 Apr 2013 21:28:02 16,902 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    chasejamie wrote:
    Daeltaja wrote:
    aeschylus wrote:
    Bloody game is fantastic, and now makes me wont to live/visit San Fran...

I remember seeing San Fran on Mythbusters and I thought it looked like a traffic loaded heat hell hole...

This game makes it look like a fantastic place!!
    I've just been and it's anything but a hell hole! Wonderful city with plenty of sights to behold. Been twice now and can't wait to go back.

Gogo!
    Second that. I went last October and it's a beautiful city, lots of sights and things to do. For a city made up of hills, its actually really walkable. I have a holiday from work coming up so I might use that as excuse to buy this and Monster Hunter.
    Third that. One of my favourite places which I've visited. The pier is awesome, food amazing. And it was even better as I was there for 4th of July. The baseball stadium is so beautiful, and actually good fun going to. Such a fun city.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Armoured_Bear 5 Apr 2013 21:38:34 11,938 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    chasejamie wrote:
    Daeltaja wrote:
    aeschylus wrote:
    Bloody game is fantastic, and now makes me wont to live/visit San Fran...

I remember seeing San Fran on Mythbusters and I thought it looked like a traffic loaded heat hell hole...

This game makes it look like a fantastic place!!
    I've just been and it's anything but a hell hole! Wonderful city with plenty of sights to behold. Been twice now and can't wait to go back.

Gogo!
    Second that. I went last October and it's a beautiful city, lots of sights and things to do. For a city made up of hills, its actually really walkable. I have a holiday from work coming up so I might use that as excuse to buy this and Monster Hunter.
    Third that. One of my favourite places which I've visited. The pier is awesome, food amazing. And it was even better as I was there for 4th of July. The baseball stadium is so beautiful, and actually good fun going to. Such a fun city.
    Pier, surely you don't mean Fisherman's Wharf, a mate recommended there and it was by far the worst part of a great city.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Progguitarist 6 Apr 2013 00:07:20 10,543 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's the cheapest place for this online?
  • roz123 6 Apr 2013 08:12:22 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm fairly sure one of the airplanes parked in the airport was a lego kit I used to have when I was a kid.
  • NOSAVIOUR 6 Apr 2013 08:23:37 2,810 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently 15 chapters in this. I'm on 13 and seem to have been playing for ages. Only at 15% too. It's the first Lego game I have played so itching to go back to batman and LOTR's after.
  • addyb 6 Apr 2013 08:47:44 1,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not sure what chapter I'm on (just been in the sewers) but I'm around 15 hours played and 17%. I keep going off track and discovering things. My 1st Lego game as well so will be picking up Lego batman 2 for the ps3 I think.

I know its coming out for the Wii U but can't justify paying £35 when I can get this for £18.99 from Argos (£8.99 with my voucher)
  • NOSAVIOUR 6 Apr 2013 09:03:31 2,810 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't realise it is coming out on Wii U. Will look for cheap version on the 360/PS3. Really hope for a sequel to this. Online coop as DLC would be nice too.
  • addyb 6 Apr 2013 09:11:06 1,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lego Marvel Heroes is out this Autumn at some point as well (multi format) Should be co op on that.

http://n4g.com/news/1225469/first-lego-marvel-super-heroes-screenshots

Edited by addyb at 09:14:55 06-04-2013
  • addyb 6 Apr 2013 09:32:39 1,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry I don't mean to keep bringing up batman 2 but how big is Gotham city in it compared to undercovers city? I take it its just a massive hub like LCU that filters you through to the missions.
  • Sid-Nice 6 Apr 2013 11:38:14 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Apparently 15 chapters in this. I'm on 13 and seem to have been playing for ages. Only at 15% too. It's the first Lego game I have played so itching to go back to batman and LOTR's after.
    I was at a similar point in the game when I decided to look for secrets and complete as many "Super Builds" as possible. I actually finished all the chapters with 37%; I need to do the free runs to collect all characters, bricks, power-ups and super builds.

NNID Sid-Nice

• NOSAVIOUR 6 Apr 2013 12:58:51 2,810 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah think that's what I'm going to do. Worried that if I complete it ill lose moment. But just love playing about in the world so can't see it happening. IF Nintendo could publish/release a game as good as this every 2-3 months I'd be happy.
  • addyb 6 Apr 2013 14:18:59 1,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Yeah think that's what I'm going to do. Worried that if I complete it ill lose moment. But just love playing about in the world so can't see it happening. IF Nintendo could publish/release a game as good as this every 2-3 months I'd be happy.
    I've dramatically slowed down when it comes to the main story. I've just been doing what I can in certain areas and then on other occasions just exploring
  • Sid-Nice 6 Apr 2013 14:28:51 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It would be nice to see a Lego City circuit in the next incarnation of Mario Kart. I think DLC is a must for Lego City; there's nothing stopping a new villain coming to town with an additional 10 chapters to capture him.

After completing all of the chapters; I literally stopped playing allowing the wife to watch the TV; so there could a be a twist and additional content. In the words of a construction worker "I'll be back" later to see if there is?

NNID Sid-Nice

• NOSAVIOUR 6 Apr 2013 15:07:27 2,810 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The next incarnation of Mario Kart has to be Nintendo Kart. Then it will work. Would love to see it.
  • Progguitarist 6 Apr 2013 20:57:45 10,543 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Picked this up today. Very cool so far.
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Apr 2013 23:41:43 11,938 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    How far are you in?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Sid-Nice 6 Apr 2013 23:49:51 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    How far are you in?
    That sounds so wrong on many levels.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deleted user 6 April 2013 23:52:31
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    After completing all of the chapters; I literally stopped playing allowing the wife to watch the TV
    Why not just play it on the controller?
  • DFawkes 6 Apr 2013 23:57:17 24,106 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's one of the few that needs the Gamepad screen. Though if I'm honest very little really needs it, it's only really the Scanner that stops Gamepad screen play being practical. I wouldn't change that for the world though, I love scanning for secrets :)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 6 April 2013 23:58:30
    Oh, I thought that was the USP of this thing.
  • Sid-Nice 7 Apr 2013 00:31:15 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Oh, I thought that was the USP of this thing.
    The off-TV play is a unique selling point; but LCU and ZombiU (in single player) use the Gamepad for scanning. Some games like BLOPS II and Sonic All-Stars cleverly implement the Gamepad in 2 player mode by having player 1 using the Gamepad screen while player 2 uses the TV screen, opposed to having a split screen experience.

NNID Sid-Nice

• DFawkes 7 Apr 2013 00:32:02 24,106 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As far as USPs go, off-screen play is one of... well, 2 I suppose, and even then they're similar. Playing using the pad as your primary screen or playing using the pad as a secondary screen. LCU goes for the later. It can be handy, but to be honest LCU doesn't use it to it's fullest. It's just generally very good :)

Edited by DFawkes at 00:33:28 07-04-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• roz123 8 Apr 2013 11:49:22 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The paint gun seems to be a bit of a chore compared to the other items in the game. It seems everytime I shoot anything around the city I have the wrong colour, I've seen some places that have all the machines lined up but I am not going to go back and forth just to shoot a couple of objects. I am guessing some sort of automatic paint changer will appear later on in the game so I am just going to ignore it for now. Its quite fun shooting people wth it though
  • addyb 8 Apr 2013 12:36:27 1,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @roz123

Exactly how I feel about that. Always have the wrong colour† myself at certain times and I'm certainly hoping it will autochange later as that's part of the game I can't see myself going back to finish as it will be a pain in the ass hunting for the appropriate colour changer and then heading back to where you want to use it.
  • bemaniac 8 Apr 2013 17:25:51 62 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Challenged myself to a 4 hour play session just now where I have to drink a small bottle of beer every time I have to wait for a loading screen. I'm quite drunk.
  • Sid-Nice 8 Apr 2013 17:46:58 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    The paint gun seems to be a bit of a chore compared to the other items in the game. It seems everytime I shoot anything around the city I have the wrong colour, I've seen some places that have all the machines lined up but I am not going to go back and forth just to shoot a couple of objects. I am guessing some sort of automatic paint changer will appear later on in the game so I am just going to ignore it for now. Its quite fun shooting people wth it though
    Iíve found while looking for the appropriate colour Iíve ended up doing other mini missions; there is a store that has every paint colour needed and if I took time-out to mark it on the map things would be easier.

NNID Sid-Nice

• aeschylus 11 Apr 2013 11:26:38 446 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    guys can you actually unlock the T-Rex (dont think that needs spoliers as it is in all the adverts...

My son did the level delivered the T-Rex as I presumed it would unlock, now he is a little upset as he wanted to destro the city T-Rex style but no one seems to mention on google if you can indeed unlock it as a veichle?
  • gieltjegitaar 12 Apr 2013 01:00:29 48 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think you can only ride the T-Rex during that particular mission. I guess you can just ride it around the city instead of following the green dots leading you to the end of the mission. Not sure if you can hop on and off though.
  • Page

of 19 First / Last