Lego City : Undercover Page 15

• Page

of 19 First / Last

• roz123 3 Apr 2013 08:12:06 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There are two places, the computer in the station and a bit by the garages near the entrance to the police station, I think you can not access it until you are a few chapters in.
  • binky Moderator 3 Apr 2013 09:15:45 9,581 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I finally watched some vids on this last night, some Shawshank stuff made me crack up. Is it mostly all in this style, because that would be genius!

Also, is the game more Lego GTA than Lego Star Wars in terms of gameplay? I didn't really like the demo for StarWars way back when.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2013 09:18:48 59,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I went into sainsburys yesterday to get a sarnie and had a quick browse of the entertainment section while I was in there.

The plasmas on the wall showing game adverts showed Lego City a few times but they didnt actually appear to be selling Wii U games anymore, which was a bit weird.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• markyHD 3 Apr 2013 09:22:59 455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @binky

More Lego GTA, and yes the humour continues throughout so far for me at least. I picked it up in sainsburys as well so maybe just some stores not selling Wii U stuff?

I have to say this is the first game I've played on my Wii U that very clearly couldn't run on my ps3. World is massive, vibrant, draw distance is great and I honestly think it looks fantastic. Frame rate is 30FPS I'd say 95% on the time, only now and again dipping slightly. There is zero tearing so I assume Vsync is forced on which explains the dips in FPS (shame no option to disable as per other games, though I do hate tearing so....). Nothing that even remotely affects gameplay though. And texture quality is very good on almost all surfaces. I have a new telly that is making everything look amazing, but this on particular, at times the cars look as if they about to drive straight out of the TV. So again, aliasing not really an issue for what is only a 720P game, sharp being the word. I think there may be a little MLAA of some form as at times there are no visible jaggies when the scene is still.

Gamepad use is also very well integrated, again the first game where I understand why it had to be on Wii U, functionality wise.

And loading times are fine. Only loads when you start a mission or go indoors. The entire open map is seamless without loading.

Most importantly, fun fun fun, and funny! :D

Edited by markyHD at 09:47:12 03-04-2013
  • B4TTLEBORN 3 Apr 2013 09:37:46 20 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The open world is what makes this feel different from other Lego games.

The fact that you start out doing missions outside a location, only to then move inside a nearby location (the prison bit for example) helps to keep the game from becoming shoe-boxed into the usual "walk down corridor, press button, go through door into next corridor" rinse and repeat Ala Lego Star Wars.

I watched my son play LCU the other day and he drove around for miles, he's only 6 so obviously the mission based parts of the game are playing second fiddle to the fun he is having simply driving around discovering new things.

He ended up in some woods and spent a load of superbricks building a log cabin!, I have no idea what it was for but I assume you can do something with it when you've unlocked a certain outfit/ability?!?!?! I like that about this game, it lets you build/do things but doesn't always say when you can use them.

I really want to start my own game on it and I even find myself gazing at the case as I'm playing Bioshock Infinite! Just fancying something a bit different and lighthearted these days I guess.
  • markyHD 3 Apr 2013 09:49:58 455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @B4TTLEBORN

Lol, my kids have already been told "don't play on save slot 3, that's for daddy" lol :D
  • aeschylus 3 Apr 2013 09:54:42 446 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bloody game is fantastic, and now makes me wont to live/visit San Fran...

I remember seeing San Fran on Mythbusters and I thought it looked like a traffic loaded heat hell hole...

This game makes it look like a fantastic place!!
  • johnson81 3 Apr 2013 13:27:38 375 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just read through the last couple of pages but can't seem to find an answer. I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can save when you want by activating something, i.e. building a superbuild etc. Does anyone know how? The problem is I played for about 20 minutes yesterday before I had to go out and when I returned last night my progress was lost. Is there a way to force a save?
  • DFawkes 3 Apr 2013 13:38:18 22,834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have the same problem, it only seems to save when you properly do something, so any minor stuff like collecting studs and ramming though bus stops never saves. I think visiting a booth thant lets you change equipped disguises or get a new vehicle should do it, but I'm not 100% sure. I always return to the Police Station before quitting and that's worked for me so far, but no guarantees.

Anything that counts towards completion definitely saves, so Gold Bricks, super-builds, hidden collectibles, missions and stuff like that. A manual save would be nice, though. You'l never lose progress when it comes to collecting the cool stuff, but as I say it's a bit annoying to lose currency.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• roz123 3 Apr 2013 13:53:18 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah popping in and out of a disguise booth saves the game. They are blue police things around town that you have to knock over and rebuild. Once you have done it once they appear on the map.

Edited by roz123 at 13:53:53 03-04-2013
  • DFawkes 3 Apr 2013 14:01:26 22,834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've not built any of those yet, I just unlocked them last night before finishing up. I think you can do it as soon as you unlock your first proper disguise by visiting the Police Station basement.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• aeschylus 3 Apr 2013 21:23:00 446 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    you are all correct, the save booth are the easiet way, or hit start and go "retuen to police station"

or do something that saves your game. like a brick etc
  • NOSAVIOUR 3 Apr 2013 22:35:42 2,804 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Still loving this game. Can't get enough and it is massive. Only 11% in but been playing for a good 15 hours. Just keep getting lost in the world.
  • TheGoose126 3 Apr 2013 22:52:31 79 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it just me who has issues with the dialogue? I sometimes can't hear whole conversations although weirdly can hear background noise! Apart from that top game.
  • NOSAVIOUR 3 Apr 2013 23:05:01 2,804 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep I get that. Did mention earlier in thread. Only in certain cutscenes usually at start of main missions. Had to turn subtitles on. Right pain in arse.

Edited by NOSAVIOUR at 23:05:28 03-04-2013
  • StrayBezza 3 Apr 2013 23:07:21 204 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's quite brilliant this actually. Did not expect it to be quite as addictive, humorous and well written. It also looks great and loading times in no way impinge on the overall experience. It's far better than the other Lego games (which are good in themselves) but this is a whole new level. Really quite surprised by this game and its overall quality. Nice one.
  • StrayBezza 3 Apr 2013 23:08:38 204 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ps. Super Builds are all kinds of awesome....
  • Sid-Nice 3 Apr 2013 23:19:29 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This game certainly has me hooked; I started playing at 15:30 this afternoon and didn't turn the Wii U off till 22:15 this evening. I didn't play constantly for six and three quarter hours; I just paused the game and left the Gamepad in the cradle while I took a break.

NNID Sid-Nice

• JiveHound 4 Apr 2013 09:20:36 2,417 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I just received this yesterday and I only ot round to playing an hour give or take.

First impressions are very good, the other Lego games never grabbed me as this has, probably down to the fact that the Lego City range of Lego is what I played with as a nipper.

The graphics are lovely, the humour is great. I already love Honey.

Can't wait to play more.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Daeltaja 4 Apr 2013 18:41:40 1,048 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    aeschylus wrote:

I remember seeing San Fran on Mythbusters and I thought it looked like a traffic loaded heat hell hole...

I've just been and it's anything but a hell hole! Wonderful city with plenty of sights to behold. Been twice now and can't wait to go back.

Gogo!
  • chasejamie 4 Apr 2013 19:58:30 815 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Daeltaja wrote:
    aeschylus wrote:

I've just been and it's anything but a hell hole! Wonderful city with plenty of sights to behold. Been twice now and can't wait to go back.

Gogo!
    Second that. I went last October and it's a beautiful city, lots of sights and things to do. For a city made up of hills, its actually really walkable. I have a holiday from work coming up so I might use that as excuse to buy this and Monster Hunter.
  • NOSAVIOUR 4 Apr 2013 20:02:48 2,804 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just rode the dinosaur. http://youtu.be/RuWlk4xRVUI

Edited by NOSAVIOUR at 20:03:29 04-04-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Apr 2013 22:52:53 10,629 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got this today and just played through Chapter 1 and most of Chapter 2.
    It looks nice but not stunning, a lot of the jokes are pretty lame so far but it's good fun and it's so utterly refreshing to have a game that doesn't take itself seriously.
    So, enjoying it but not blown away so far.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• addyb 4 Apr 2013 23:16:41 1,046 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    It looks nice but not stunning, a lot of the jokes are pretty lame so far but it's good fun and it's so utterly refreshing to have a game that doesn't take itself seriously.
    Exactly what I thought after 2 chapters. The game picks up A LOT after chapter 3-4. I love it. Not sure what chapter I'm on but I'm around 15 hours gametime and less than 20% completion.
  • neilka 5 Apr 2013 00:45:34 15,871 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ECOSSE

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• Armoured_Bear 5 Apr 2013 09:45:26 10,629 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ECOSSE
    The rampant fanboy ecosse died some years ago, the current incarnation is far more balanced, owns all consoles and has loads of complaints about Nintendo/Wii U etc.
    He still has a huge soft spot for Nintendo's best, partially stemming from NES nostalgia but once you get a reputation here it's hard to shake it off as irrelevant as it may no be :-(

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• JiveHound 5 Apr 2013 10:32:02 2,417 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    He also writes in third person. : p

So

much

in

this.

Despite that I'm having a blast, at times it really looks like a lego set and I can reach into my tv and grab a car.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• addyb 5 Apr 2013 10:39:02 1,046 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Loading times are awful. Game is fantastic though. Its genuinely peaked my interest in other Lego games. What's Lego Batman 2 like? I can get this on the ps3 for under a tenner. Wondering if its worth a punt.
  • roz123 5 Apr 2013 10:54:07 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Loading times are shite but having the gamepad means that you can load up the game and have it ready to play before switching the channel over.
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 11:40:28
    addyb wrote:
    Loading times are awful. Game is fantastic though. Its genuinely peaked my interest in other Lego games. What's Lego Batman 2 like? I can get this on the ps3 for under a tenner. Wondering if its worth a punt.
    Its a top game. That was my first lego game. I can't compare it to LCU, but if you like the DC universe theres a lot to like here. Reminds i need to go back to it really and try and 100% it.

Plenty of suits that keeps the pretty linear but keeps the tab a into tab b gameplay refreshing and fun.
  • Page

of 19 First / Last