Lego City : Undercover Page 14

• Page

of 19 First / Last

• DFawkes 30 Mar 2013 20:17:18 22,588 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's just good sense. It gives you something to play when your 3DS is charging. To NOT buy it would've been irresponsible really.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• JiveHound 30 Mar 2013 22:21:58 2,326 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Also a good point.

I would have downloaded it if it wasn't so massive and the HDD wasn't so pathetically small.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• ReGuRgIt8oR 31 Mar 2013 12:06:14 2,596 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I haven't RTFM so apologies if it is known to everyone but my little tip on the "Extras" section on the pause menu -
    You can buy red brick unlocks with studs in the Police Station ( basement I think)
    With these you can then turn on Studs x 2 in the Extras in the pause menu and earn studs at twice the rate.

Enjoying it so far.

Edited by ReGuRgIt8oR at 12:37:30 31-03-2013
  • roz123 31 Mar 2013 12:13:59 7,112 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I think I will just save that for getting the extra gold block in the special assignments. I like how different costumes have different animations, the zombie eats its foot, the spartan spins a shield on his spear etc.
  • addyb 31 Mar 2013 17:42:39 1,020 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well the prison section has redeemed the game for me some what. Wasn't really feeling the game early on but I come to the prison section and thought it was excellent and very amusing. Most of all FUN!!

Hope the rest of the game continues like this now :)
    Quick question. I've found several disguises and purchased them on the police station but they arent available when I go into one of the booths. Is it just a case of them being available when the mission requires it or unlocked later in the game?
  • NOSAVIOUR 31 Mar 2013 17:55:54 2,804 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How do you change costumes. Have found loads but seems to have passed me by how to use them!
  • roz123 31 Mar 2013 18:11:48 7,112 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You buy them in the stations basement and then change in booths that you build around the city
  • ReGuRgIt8oR 31 Mar 2013 18:55:16 2,596 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Took me a while to work out the costumes bit after finding them I didn't realise I needed to buy them too. A few bits of faffing about like that really.
  • Sid-Nice 31 Mar 2013 23:42:48 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I’ve just had a 4 hour session and I’m gagging for more; I might keep the Gamepad tethered during my next stint. I only recently noticed when driving press (Y) for boost (NOS) it’s a refreshing change playing a game with a smile on my face opposed to looking like a “Bulldog chewing a wasp” playing so called more mature open world games.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Jazzy_Geoff 1 Apr 2013 00:09:25 7,767 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bulldog licking piss off a thistle
  • aeschylus 1 Apr 2013 09:00:55 446 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    you know it is a good game when my son has not stopped talking about it, and it is the first thing he mentioned when he opened his eyes
  • NOSAVIOUR 1 Apr 2013 10:47:35 2,804 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    12 hrs in this game is massive. Definite system seller. More than justifies my Wii U purchase.
  • Sid-Nice 1 Apr 2013 13:03:10 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If the Wii U momentum picks up this game could be huge. With the Lego City toy franchise and possible downloadable content Lego City Undercover could go on for years.

I've been playing for hours and have only managed to clock up 9% of the game; obviously this will change when I unlock all the disguises and get 100% on the missions/areas I've already completed, this is going to take me more than 40 hours to complete.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deckard1 1 Apr 2013 14:46:23 27,123 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • DFawkes 1 Apr 2013 14:50:12 22,588 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's right though, the game could be huge (relatively speaking), and it could go on for years. Lego games tend to have a very long tail, as do Nintendo games, which it almost is given it's published by them. So I reckon it could get decent sales in the long run. Not decent as in anything like the numbers it could do on other consoles, but compared to other Wii U games. It'd be enough for it to make money, at least.

• JiveHound 1 Apr 2013 16:48:31 2,326 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Mine's in the post. Is it wrong that I really want to ride the wheelchair the most?

More games need wheelchairs, and unicycles. With guns on.

Edited by JiveHound at 16:48:54 01-04-2013

• Ultrasoundwave 1 Apr 2013 17:38:46 3,264 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just been reading through this months issue of Edge and i'm genuinely disgusted that they have given this game and Colonial Marines the same score (5/10).

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• alexc7496 1 Apr 2013 18:37:19 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Edge score is shocking. I am about 5 x hours into this and can honestly say it is one of the best games I have played in ages.

The world is huge and looks stunning. The missions are varied and good length.

For me one of the best things is the humour. It is so funny. The one liners are brilliant.
  • Deckard1 1 Apr 2013 18:47:41 27,123 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    5/10 is still a pretty good score for a kids game to be fair.
  • CaptainKerbal 1 Apr 2013 18:52:34 357 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It's Edge, they do not actually play games for enjoyment.
  • alexc7496 1 Apr 2013 19:01:45 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Edge just strike me as a bunch of bitter individuals who look for nothing but flaws. Sure their job is to review and be honest but sometimes they lose the plot and it is almost like they have to give a shocker harsh score every now & then to keep their bastard reputation in tact.
  • addyb 1 Apr 2013 19:18:34 1,020 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wasn't taken by the game at all after the first hour or so but starting to get into it now. It is fun and that's the main thing. The humour is very well done with loads of references here and there.

So far seems a good mix for kids and grown ups in that respect. My only gripe are the loading times. I've heard plenty say they aren't that bad but I guess we all have our different tolerance levels.

I guess I'm ultimately enjoying it as its my first Lego game, its also a change from the abundance of shooters out there which I'm a bit tired of.

Besides loading times I still have other niggles but after 4 hours play I'd definitely say its a solid 8/10 for me. Whether I feel the same after I'm done with it who knows!
  • B4TTLEBORN 1 Apr 2013 19:21:33 20 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    5/10 is still a pretty good score for a kids game to be fair.
    I wouldn't call Aliens a kids game really, it just had lousy AI that made it feel dumb and childish, chortle chortle!

Well, that and the crap graphics, lousy structure, boring gameplay.

LCU never feels like a kids game, and the humour is totally not aimed at young, young children. Anyone who has played it and had a huge grin on their face during the prison freeman scene knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm watching my son play most of the time but I'm doing most of the laughing. I intend to start my own game at some point but I'm juggling gears judgement, bioshock infinite and Luigi's mansion 2!

One day, it will be mine.
  • DFawkes 1 Apr 2013 19:36:31 22,588 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just bought it today and have only had a quick go, but the one thing that immediately hit me was how humour packed it is. Reminds me of the film Airplane - what's going on in the foreground is funny, but they also pack in little features in the background that are funny too :) It's great to see what that amount of freedom has allowed them to do with the jokes and references.

Assuming it's consistent of course, for all I know the rest of the game was written by a chimp. I hope not.

• B4TTLEBORN 1 Apr 2013 20:15:19 20 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    DFawkes wrote:Assuming it's consistent of course, for all I know the rest of the game was written by a chimp. I hope not.
    That may be the case, but it's still a million miles away from the tea party's the COD writers attend!
  • Raiko101 1 Apr 2013 21:01:09 6,055 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @JiveHound Dead Rising 2 had wheelchairs with guns. That was probably the highlight of the game, besides the co-op.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• JiveHound 1 Apr 2013 22:05:41 2,326 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ha! Of course, I never did manage to make it though.

• roz123 2 Apr 2013 14:32:58 7,112 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some codes I copy and pasted from another site
    Civilian Werewolf: gystqp
    Race car driver: mhhrhm
    Gorilla suit guy: xkgzvj
    Natalia Kowalski: hvgtpg
    Samurai Warriori: rjyzhc
    Baseball Player: ycmwkp
    Soccer Player: syfmwj
    Vehicle: Relocator: vzhhdm
    Vehicle: Drakonas: dwjvct
    Bonus Missions: 3D74QF9
    Justice and red sport car: 3GCC7XR
    Unlocks High Speed Chase Missions/Vehicles: N7NN4F9

The last 3 are the only codes that unlock extra stuff. The rest can be found around the city (I unlocked the baseball player one by doing the free run on top of the cafe opposite the police station)
  • chrisno21 3 Apr 2013 07:59:16 1,462 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Some codes I copy and pasted from another site
    Bonus Missions: 3D74QF9
    Justice and red sport car: 3GCC7XR
    Unlocks High Speed Chase Missions/Vehicles: N7NN4F9

Where do you put these codes in? In the extras menu there are only enough spaces for a code 6 letters long.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• DFawkes 3 Apr 2013 08:05:49 22,588 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In the computer in the Police Station I think, though I may be wrong.

• Page

of 19 First / Last