Royal Baby 2013 Page 5

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• senso-ji 7 Dec 2012 15:25:14 5,968 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Surely she wouldn't lose her job for this?
    If she gave away confidential information over the phone then she could have faced a disciplinary hearing. Those Aussie radio twats should be hanging their heads in shame over this.
  • Fab4 7 Dec 2012 15:26:18 6,115 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder what those 2 fuckwits in Australia are thinking.
  • Deleted user 7 December 2012 15:26:48
    Yeah, Life changing in an instant. Her mind must have been in a dark place.
  • Lotos8ter 7 Dec 2012 15:27:10 2,361 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But of course the Press don't need an independant watchdog as recommended in Leveson. Just let them keep going causing havoc and ruining lives.

Fuck them all

Fiat Lux

• RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 15:30:08 23,309 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I imagine it's something like a really serious, official and unofficial, response to her actions at work + the ridiculous hype about the patient concerned + having to hear about her actions in the press (no fault of theirs for reporting it, other than it being part of the stupid OTT event of nothingness).

Sorry, am speculating and such. Will stop.
  • Blotto 7 Dec 2012 15:30:13 2,776 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't really think its fair to blame the radio guys, from what it sounds like they were doing pretty awful impressions with no real intention or expectation that they'd get put through. Yes, it was juvenile but if they become the scapegoats then it's extremely harsh and could destroy their lives in similar ways.

I'm sure they feel bad enough, don't need a media witch-hunt.
  • mcmonkeyplc 7 Dec 2012 15:31:44 39,467 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No we need an independent media watchdog.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Psychotext 7 Dec 2012 15:31:46 54,402 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What the fuck?!?

That fucking sucks. :(
  • kalel 7 Dec 2012 15:33:18 88,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    Don't really think its fair to blame the radio guys, from what it sounds like they were doing pretty awful impressions with no real intention or expectation that they'd get put through. Yes, it was juvenile but if they become the scapegoats then it's extremely harsh and could destroy their lives in similar ways.

This. I know the gut reaction in a tragedy is to find someone to blame, but at the very least a witch-hunt at this stage is premature.
  • TheSaint 7 Dec 2012 15:33:41 14,622 posts
    Seen 23 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nah, blaming the Aussies is definitely fair.
  • Commander-Keen 7 Dec 2012 15:34:27 819 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Blotto We'll find out when they wake up. One of them is taking a (predictable) hammering on Twitter. His last few tweets look rather like he's gloating about the prank, which isn't going to endear him to too many people.

Thing is, it could have been that she had underlying mental health issues, for all anyone knows. It's hard not to put two and two together - after all it seems unlikely that without this episode occurring that she'd be dead right now, but on the other hand, I guess we have to wait for the details to come out before jumping to a conclusion.

Edited by Commander Keen at 15:35:07 07-12-2012
  • RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 15:35:09 23,309 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Blotto wrote:

This. I know the gut reaction in a tragedy is to find someone to blame, but at the very least a witch-hunt at this stage is premature.
    Media? Reason? Premature?

I expect at least a few articles hounding them down, with sanctimonious bastards preaching from a pulpit. I hope MacKenzie does one, so my head inverts with confusion and I don't have to listen to them anymore.
  • kalel 7 Dec 2012 15:35:29 88,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm more inclined to blame the British media than the Aussie DJs, although that too is probably premature at this point.
  • mcmonkeyplc 7 Dec 2012 15:35:44 39,467 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you're sky you jump to conclusions and put caveats in your conclusions.

• DaM 7 Dec 2012 15:36:22 13,338 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good to see the DM keeping up their standards, having photographers outside the hospital to take pictures of grieving staff.
  • nickthegun 7 Dec 2012 15:37:47 60,496 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Theres also a fair chance that if australian DJs managed to pass for the queen and charlie, shes a foreign national.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• kalel 7 Dec 2012 15:38:06 88,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Feel massively for the family, and also frankly for Kate and Wills. That is a horrible thing to have on your conscience, especially at such a stressful and scary time.
  • PearOfAnguish 7 Dec 2012 15:38:15 7,378 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    I suspect dire words from middle management might have had more to do with it =(
    I suppose we'll find out in due course. Horrible.
    Probably a combination of shithead middle managers (NHS managers can be terrible) and press harassment. Would not be shocked if she was taking a load of abuse from the public and some of her colleagues as well.
  • Fab4 7 Dec 2012 15:38:59 6,115 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparently is was the nurse on reception, not the one who spoke to them for a few minutes.
  • TheSaint 7 Dec 2012 15:39:24 14,622 posts
    Seen 23 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lord Sugar ‏@Lord_Sugar
    Tragic suicide of Nurse involved taking fake Australian call at Kate's hospital.The journalist should be arrested/charged with something
    Pick a charge, any charge.
  • Commander-Keen 7 Dec 2012 15:39:41 819 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Good to see the DM keeping up their standards, having photographers outside the hospital to take pictures of grieving staff.
    Indeed. Leaving comments on on that article as well is a pretty classy move too. Everything's linkbait, right?
  • RyanDS 7 Dec 2012 15:41:34 9,587 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Theres also a fair chance that if australian DJs managed to pass for the queen and charlie, shes a foreign national.
    Her name was Jacintha Saldanha.
  • RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 15:41:38 23,309 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Newspapers should be called trolls. I mean, really.
  • PearOfAnguish 7 Dec 2012 15:41:52 7,378 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    Apparently is was the nurse on reception, not the one who spoke to them for a few minutes.
    If true, it could be that she was a less senior nurse who was being used as a scapegoat, they blame her for putting the call through in the first place.

edit: yeah, that's an Indian name. Bet she was getting abuse off the other nurses.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 15:43:40 07-12-2012
  • RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 15:41:55 23,309 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Her name was Jacintha Saldanha.
    OH MY GOD, A FORRIN
  • Deleted user 7 December 2012 15:42:28
    Wonder how long it'll be before the Express casually talks about Royal Murder plots and namedrops Diana.
  • Blotto 7 Dec 2012 15:50:23 2,776 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, obviously there are no details yet but to blame the Aussies or even the media at this stage is way to premature.

If it turns out the media hounded her (seems unlikely, they didn't even seem to know her name until recently) then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Don't think the Aussies can be blamed at all, how were they to know that the person answering the phone wouldn't pick up an obvious joke. Equally, its not Jacintha's fault, probably would have been in equal shit if she'd told them to piss of and it was genuine.

I'm sure she was facing disciplinary charges but whether or not she had become a scapegoat and bullied by her co-workers, its too soon to tell.

Basically, it really feels like this could erupt into either a "Fuck those Aussies" (like Sachsgate but with much bigger consequences) or "Fuck the media, they killed her" very quickly when it probably shouldn't be either.

Edited by Blotto at 15:51:01 07-12-2012
  • mcmonkeyplc 7 Dec 2012 15:50:51 39,467 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    17 seconds from now

• Razz 7 Dec 2012 15:51:14 61,395 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @meme The blue collar workers here have already started

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Deleted user 7 December 2012 15:55:05
    Both nurses sound more than a little incompetent atm. One answers the phone to someone laughing saying they're the Queen at half 3 in the morning and then transfers the call to another nurse who says "sounds legit" and natters away to her.
  • Page

of 14 First / Last