ZombiU Page 3

  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

  • Ultrasoundwave 3 Dec 2012 13:11:38 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    So people enjoying this then? Some of the reviews seemed to judge it fairly harshly as if it was A FPS.

    Looking forward to giving it a bash in the new year.
    I honestly have no idea how this game got any negative reviews TBH. I've played both L4D games and Dead Island, ZombiU is easily up there with them in terms of quality.
    But they're at opposite ends of the quality scale. L4D is great, Dead Island was pants.
    Not for me mate, i thought Dead Island was outstanding. Its one of those polarising games i guess.

    Also as far as the Multiplayer for ZombiU goes, below is a vid of how it works for those who havent seen it :



    It is quite brilliant.

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • Deleted user 4 December 2012 10:30:37
    The only thing i dont like is the black blur it has around the edge of the screen....very off putting.
  • NotSoSlim 4 Dec 2012 10:41:31 3,121 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really hope they make a sequel and expand it especially locations and hopefully co op and more personalised characters

    Maybe a horde mode with waves of zombies. Top top game :)

    Edited by NotSoSlim at 10:43:29 04-12-2012
  • MatMan562 4 Dec 2012 11:53:48 2,405 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    Really hope they make a sequel and expand it especially locations and hopefully co op and more personalised characters

    Maybe a horde mode with waves of zombies. Top top game :)
    Agreed. Fully open-world would be good as well. Getting lost would increase the tension even more.

    I lost a 2 hour old survivor last night in Buckingham Palace. It's the longest i've managed so far.

    XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

  • bemaniac 4 Dec 2012 15:12:47 62 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh man early in the game I literally got scared of the noises around me and fled up ontop some scaffolding. I couldn't bring myself to come down as I knew there was a nasty moaning zombie down there somewhere and sure enough once I'd got the courage I panic as soon as I saw it and got munched lol. Horrifying!
  • Razz 4 Dec 2012 15:15:47 61,061 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Haha! That's brilliant! Surely you should have head away from the noise!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Raiko101 4 Dec 2012 16:02:50 6,213 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Scariest bit yet is just before you enter Buckingham palace. I fudged it up, royally, and had to run away and cower in the sewers. Genuine panic set in and I went a little bit mental. Scary stuff.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Psychotext 4 Dec 2012 16:08:32 53,939 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bunch of big girls. It's a game, at worst you get munched.

    Sadly though I wish I was more like you. I spoil the experience for myself. :(
  • Spong92 4 Dec 2012 16:09:28 324 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Let my gf play this earlier. She did good up until the zombie horde attack your safehouse. After that she got too scared and stopped playing :D.
  • King_Edward 4 Dec 2012 16:50:53 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Bunch of big girls. It's a game, at worst you get munched.

    Sadly though I wish I was more like you. I spoil the experience for myself. :(
    That's the great thing about Dark Souls. Even if you were too Badass for the game you could get your kicks torturing others for respect they owe you...or helping them I guess.
  • quadfather 6 Dec 2012 11:23:02 11,978 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    I had a go on this earlier. It's a bit special isn't it. I'm used to scary games but bugger me this is tense, dripping with atmosphere. It actually reminds me of Left 4 Dead, atmosphere wise but with the methodical approach of say Dark Souls.

    Makes me want to get a Wii U now.
    Dammit, I've been trying to avoid this post, but this comparison is really making me want it now

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Ultrasoundwave 6 Dec 2012 13:04:47 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather

    Seriously, its excellent. I had zero expectations going into it, i was fully expecting a basic zombie game with some gimmicks thrown in with the GamePad.

    The truth is, the GamePad works perfectly and the game is genuinely terrifying - the tension that runs through the game is ridiculous.

    ZombiU is a proper, genuine, class game.

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • PrivateFloyd 6 Dec 2012 13:24:32 4,115 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got a Wii U wrapped up for Xmas with ZombiiU, NintendoLand and Mario.

    Can't wait.

    Goat is hungry.....

  • neilka 6 Dec 2012 13:39:12 15,848 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @quadfather

    Seriously, its excellent. I had zero expectations going into it, i was fully expecting a basic zombie game with some gimmicks thrown in with the GamePad.

    The truth is, the GamePad works perfectly and the game is genuinely terrifying - the tension that runs through the game is ridiculous.

    ZombiU is a proper, genuine, class game.
    Those were my first impressions too but unfortunately by the end of the game it becomes clear that it has been very rushed to meet the console release. The amount of actual content in the game is very small and the last few hours are obvious padding, to the extent that it takes away all of the shortcuts you've previously found to make you go the long way around.

    The ending is shit too.

    A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

  • Psychotext 6 Dec 2012 13:53:12 53,939 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    The ending is shit too.
    Ha, yeah, it really is.
  • quadfather 6 Dec 2012 14:17:23 11,978 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Still want to play it :)

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 14:24:21
    About 8 hours in i got a bug where the mission wouldnt activate. Tried everything but had to delete the save. Oh well...im up for starting again.
  • javvyman 7 Dec 2012 17:32:15 708 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    its-LegendOfGamer wrote:
    About 8 hours in i got a bug where the mission wouldnt activate. Tried everything but had to delete the save. Oh well...im up for starting again.
    That sucks, whereabout was it?

    Anyway, I've nearly finished the game, just after collecting the Dee letters, I want to give out some advice for whoever's willing

    When you go to retrieve the panacea, for the love of god, stock up, and stock up good, as you'll get rumbled by many a zombie (inc explody ones) and don't be afraid to use alot of what you've accumulated. I only progressed because I managed to find a roamer (don't remember who) who had a stockpile of shotgun shells which got me through to the safe house (have to go the freaking long way!)

    Still shaking, don't want to finish it!
  • King_Edward 7 Dec 2012 17:57:59 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @quadfather

    Seriously, its excellent. I had zero expectations going into it, i was fully expecting a basic zombie game with some gimmicks thrown in with the GamePad.

    The truth is, the GamePad works perfectly and the game is genuinely terrifying - the tension that runs through the game is ridiculous.

    ZombiU is a proper, genuine, class game.
    Those were my first impressions too but unfortunately by the end of the game it becomes clear that it has been very rushed to meet the console release. The amount of actual content in the game is very small and the last few hours are obvious padding, to the extent that it takes away all of the shortcuts you've previously found to make you go the long way around.

    The ending is shit too.
    That's a shame. Fits in with the suspicion that Ninty rushed the release though. :(
  • Gambit1977 7 Dec 2012 18:03:39 9,583 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The multiplayer on this has tons of potential, but it's highly tailored to favour the 'king of zombies' on the pad.
  • -cerberus- 7 Dec 2012 23:40:27 2,704 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago

    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

  • chrisno21 8 Dec 2012 00:26:13 1,492 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Are there lots of defend the safehouse mission I just did one after getting killed. Woke up in the bed as a new survivor and was told to hurry up and defend the place, panicked and died another couple times. Annoying but still good fun.

    PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

  • Ultrasoundwave 11 Dec 2012 09:20:13 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nintendo using boobs to advertise ZombiU :






    Pretty sure thats Alice Goodwin too........

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • marilena 11 Dec 2012 10:09:35 8,201 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    The multiplayer on this has tons of potential, but it's highly tailored to favour the 'king of zombies' on the pad.
    There's a "difficulty" setting in the match creation menu. If the Survivor player keeps losing, you should make sure you have that option on the easier setting (can't remember the name).

    You can definitely win as the Survivor, but the learning curve is a bit steeper than for the King of Zombies player.
  • RyanDS 11 Dec 2012 10:23:51 9,230 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone got any tips on the defend a safehouse bit? For me it was the Zap Brannigan style of defense, throw enough people at the enemy until the enemy is buried underneath the corpses.
  • Raiko101 11 Dec 2012 16:59:54 6,213 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you have any mines or flares, use them. Don't be afraid to use up your ammo, as long as you keep aiming for the head. There's also a fence near the safe house entrance, on the opposite side of the wall to the underground entrance. Climb through that and any chasing zombies will have to do the same. When they're on the floor crawling through, you can finish them off in one hit by holding ZR.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • johnson81 17 Dec 2012 11:33:06 374 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @its-LegendOfGamer

    Same here. 13 hours including a couple of hours wondering and searching as I didn't want to use a guide. Caved and then realised that it was a game breaking bug causing me to start again.

    Apparently there are a couple of game breaking bugs which are causing people to start over. One is in the nursery and the other is to do with the fuel can. Don't want to post details to avoid spoilers.
  • Triggerhappytel 17 Dec 2012 12:04:12 2,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Nintendo using boobs to advertise ZombiU :






    Pretty sure thats Alice Goodwin too........
    Surely that's Ubisoft's advertising rather than Nintendo? But yeah, it does look like Alice Goodwin.
  • Page

    of 8 First / Last

Log in or register to reply