ZombiU Page 2

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Deleted user 30 November 2012 23:22:17
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Crows and rats = bastards!
    Good thing scanning the white dots reveals them as 'animals' :D
    Yeah but I get paranoid scanning. Love the peppers voice coming from the pad only - like a Wally talkey
  • RyanDS 1 Dec 2012 15:44:23 8,700 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Think I will have to get rid of my copy. Wife really doesn't like the game and a such cannot play when she is around. And as she paid for the console I will do the good husband thing and trade out in for something we can enjoy together.

A such anyone fancy a swap for black ops or darksiders?
  • monkehhh 1 Dec 2012 15:56:55 3,128 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @RyanDS Play when she's not there?
  • javvyman 1 Dec 2012 16:15:13 705 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My mrs doesn't like the game because, I quote, It's too real.:lol:

Others were There's nothing to do and Why aren't you using the gun
  • Psychotext 1 Dec 2012 17:34:30 52,781 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So is there any meaningful advantage to keeping your player alive as long as possible other than levelling up?

I'm guessing getting through the entire game on one character is quite doable if you're careful. I've only seen a couple of parts where it would be really tricky, and you could exploit them easily enough.
  • roz123 1 Dec 2012 17:41:40 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I haven't played it but I think you get key items that unlock paths in a metroid kind of way but if you die you lose them.
  • DSR3 1 Dec 2012 20:24:54 265 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really great, tense game. I suck though, I am on my eleventh survivor (5 of those were defending the safe house).
  • Gambit1977 1 Dec 2012 21:21:15 9,560 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    So is there any meaningful advantage to keeping your player alive as long as possible other than levelling up?

I'm guessing getting through the entire game on one character is quite doable if you're careful. I've only seen a couple of parts where it would be really tricky, and you could exploit them easily enough.
    The tension the game creates really makes it more difficult than you appear to think it is.
    Sometimes it's so pressurised you make mistakes through simple panic. The atmosphere is spot on in that respect.
  • Phishfood 1 Dec 2012 21:32:35 51 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Psychotext Prestige. You get a score depending on how long you've survived and number of zombies killed. When you die or if you manage to survive to the end your score gets posted up in the safe house (and various other places) when you use the scanner if you've made the top 10 for the day.

I was on there briefly yesterday until I got bumped off.
  • Daeltaja 2 Dec 2012 10:54:24 1,006 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hey guys, is it possible to swing the bat in any other direction than the overhead one? Just one animation gets a little repetitive. I also noticed they seemed to take the motion controlled swings out that was showcased in the trailer.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Dec 2012 11:04:32 13,813 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Think I will have to get rid of my copy. Wife really doesn't like the game and a such cannot play when she is around. And as she paid for the console I will do the good husband thing and trade out in for something we can enjoy together.

A such anyone fancy a swap for black ops or darksiders?
    ...blaming the wife because you are too frightened to play ...oldest trick in the book ;)

MAN-Up, err...man

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• NotSoSlim 2 Dec 2012 18:46:34 3,072 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got stuck into this and its bloody intense. Great launch game
  • DFawkes 2 Dec 2012 18:55:14 22,063 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're all playing it wrong! Play it as a straight FPS and stop enjoying it, just like you're supposed to!

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Phishfood 2 Dec 2012 19:01:59 51 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Daeltaja Nope. Here's something you can do, push a zombie, then walk behind it and push it in the back twice. It will fall down, then finish it off. Of course don't try this with more than 1 zombie present and if you don't have enough space to maneuver.

Protip: CUZ IMMA PRO. After a big fight you can reload your weapons by dragging the ammo over your guns. This can be done for guns in your quick-slot's and the ones in your bag. Can't do it for the guns in storage though.
  • Daeltaja 2 Dec 2012 19:07:15 1,006 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hardcrash during loadscreen, lost loads of progress and had to unplug WiiU to fix. :(
  • Deleted user 2 December 2012 19:09:35
    Does anybody know what you can do with the zombie pictures that you can take of yourself? Can you post to Miiverse or anything?
  • Phishfood 2 Dec 2012 20:28:06 51 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @its-LegendOfGamer I remember seeing my Zombie picture being posted on the in-game leaderboard. Not the leaderboard from the main menu, the one where you have to tap the notifications icon on the touch screen while you're playing and you scroll to the last tab.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2012 21:41:31
    @Phishfood Ok thanks mate....my other half just wanted know if she could post them on facebook lol.
  • jimlufc 2 Dec 2012 21:55:02 116 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not sure you can really describe a Zombie game as "realistic"!
  • spamdangled 2 Dec 2012 23:15:03 27,197 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Havent played much yet but on my first go I was killed before I ccould even get up the ladder at the very start! Got pulled down and then eaten by the zombie horde.

If a horror game can make you panic like that in the first five minutes then its done something right.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Psychotext 2 Dec 2012 23:20:37 52,781 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:

The tension the game creates really makes it more difficult than you appear to think it is.
    Sometimes it's so pressurised you make mistakes through simple panic. The atmosphere is spot on in that respect.
    I'm a Demon's Souls / Dark Souls player. I learnt to turn off panic years ago. ;)
  • Phishfood 3 Dec 2012 03:12:54 51 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

• BryanAKADJ 3 Dec 2012 04:01:09 271 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How does co-op play?
    Anyone try it out yet?

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• Daeltaja 3 Dec 2012 10:41:51 1,006 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BryanAKADJ It's a pretty fun diversion, if a little content light. Hopefully some DLC will flesh it out.
  • Deleted user 3 December 2012 11:00:07
    So people enjoying this then? Some of the reviews seemed to judge it fairly harshly as if it was A FPS.

Looking forward to giving it a bash in the new year.
  • RyanDS 3 Dec 2012 11:32:01 8,700 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    @monkehhh

Lol, indeed. A bit extreme to have to get rid of it, are you and the mrs physically joined at the hip, Ryan?
    Wife and I are going through IVF which is very expensive. As such I can't afford many games, plus we need lot's of time off work together. As such it's nice to have games we can play together, or at least that she likes to watch. If I had more money I'd keep Zombi U and buy something for us to enjoy together, however since IVF could cost anything up to 10,000 I'd better save the pennies and trade in.

/emo
  • Psychotext 3 Dec 2012 11:33:38 52,781 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know... I think I'd rather a shiny new console than a baby. :p
  • Ultrasoundwave 3 Dec 2012 11:59:27 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    So people enjoying this then? Some of the reviews seemed to judge it fairly harshly as if it was A FPS.

I honestly have no idea how this game got any negative reviews TBH. I've played both L4D games and Dead Island, ZombiU is easily up there with them in terms of quality.

I noticed a lot of the reviews didnt mention the MP either, which me and the mrs had a LOT of fun with on the weekend.

Her on the GamePad, planting zombies into the arena, me running around with the pro controller screaming at the zombies......

Easily one of the best launch games ive played in 20 years of gaming and definitely one of the best zombie games.

"Look at banner Michael!"

• King_Edward 3 Dec 2012 13:09:04 11,454 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:

I honestly have no idea how this game got any negative reviews TBH. I've played both L4D games and Dead Island, ZombiU is easily up there with them in terms of quality.
    But they're at opposite ends of the quality scale. L4D is great, Dead Island was pants.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last