Kid from 2.5 men says "don't watch the show, it's not Bible-Friendly", causes shit Page 6

  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

  • Gambit1977 28 Nov 2012 16:49:18 10,389 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kickerconspiracy wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1uTqA9jWWE

    The pilot for the US version of Red Dwarf.

    It makes the baby Jesus cry.


    Edited by Gambit1977 at 16:49:36 28-11-2012
  • BillMurray 29 Nov 2012 00:47:38 8,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Meet the Homophobic Doomsday Preacher Behind Angus T. Jonesí Religious Rant

    His mate is a bit mental then.

    Edited by BillMurray at 00:48:26 29-11-2012
  • Syrette 29 Nov 2012 02:34:25 45,618 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    SP since they disappeared up their own arse years ago
    I've watched every South Park episode there is and I've yet to see it do that.
  • Syrette 29 Nov 2012 02:49:22 45,618 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyway I don't get on with most American sitcoms (I find some of them feel like they're trying too hard) but in my opinion the best one out there is Workaholics.

    Which I don't believe has ever been shown over here, despite it being a Comedy Central series (Comedy Central have a UK channel). You can watch it on alluc.org and a bunch of other streaming sites though.
  • dufftownallan 29 Nov 2012 03:12:07 4,723 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kickerconspiracy wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1uTqA9jWWE

    The pilot for the US version of Red Dwarf.

    It makes the baby Jesus cry.
    I wonder if their version of ace rimmer would have had a sophisticated bond-esque english accent...
  • spamdangled 29 Nov 2012 05:31:35 27,933 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    SP since they disappeared up their own arse years ago
    I've watched every South Park episode there is and I've yet to see it do that.
    Theyve been like it for years. They used to take the piss out of everything equally but now they seem to have a particular agenda aginst the perceived dangers of liberal tolerance and its potential to see genuinely damaging behaviour given a free pass in the whole "pc gone mad!" Line that the the daily mail is famous for peddling.

    Which is fine, as long as that doesn't outweigh taking the piss out of other extremes too. Sadly they seem to focus on liberalism these days, and the humour all comes from the slippery slope argument which gets old fast even when its being taken to ridiculous extremes.

    I stopped actively watching it years ago. It's just lazy these days and plays on whatever fashionable to take the piss out of. Case in point: scientology pisstakes. They have a hard on for it, and the frequency and predictable ways that they mock it smacks more of doing it because it is fashionable to do it these days rather than ridiculing the actual specifics of it to make a point about why it could be considered a load of manipulative pyramid scheme bullshit instead of just a wacky belief system based around alien lifeforms and strange pregnancy rituals and psychobabble.

    Just makes it feel like they are pushing a political agenda now more than taking the piss out of everything equally. But I guess thats what happensnwhen youve been around so long youve become mainstream. People stop being shocked and start thinking you're just quaint so you feel like you need to keep pushing harder and harder to offend and shock peple whilst also appealing to their inner prejudices.

    Edited by darkmorgado at 05:35:43 29-11-2012

    Edited by darkmorgado at 05:37:14 29-11-2012
  • Deleted user 29 November 2012 08:33:06
    The irony being that the show targets the reaction of stupid/gullible people to these issues, not the actual issues themselves. South Park is and will always be the best thing ever put on a screen.
  • megastar 29 Nov 2012 12:24:42 17,235 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Three Hundred and Fifty Thousand U.S dollars per 20 minute episode!!!

    At 24 episodes per season - thats Eight Million, Four Hundred Thousand U.S Dollars a year!!

    He's not even in an episode for more than 2 minutes usually!!!

    Thats $8,400,000 dollars for 48 minutes worth of screen time!!

    Edited by megastar at 12:25:53 29-11-2012
  • megastar 29 Nov 2012 12:25:19 17,235 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS A MINUTE!!!

    Edited by megastar at 12:25:29 29-11-2012
  • megastar 29 Nov 2012 12:31:26 17,235 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's been going on for TEN seasons!! He's got $80 mill in the fucking bank this lad!!!
  • Ziz0u 29 Nov 2012 12:32:43 8,958 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is clearly bothering you ;)
  • Gambit1977 29 Nov 2012 12:34:28 10,389 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How does $350K an episode equate to $175k a minute?? :lol:
  • kinky_mong 29 Nov 2012 12:45:16 11,677 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:

    I stopped actively watching it years ago. It's just lazy these days and plays on whatever fashionable to take the piss out of. Case in point: scientology pisstakes. They have a hard on for it, and the frequency and predictable ways that they mock it smacks more of doing it because it is fashionable to do it these days rather than ridiculing the actual specifics of it to make a point about why it could be considered a load of manipulative pyramid scheme bullshit instead of just a wacky belief system based around alien lifeforms and strange pregnancy rituals and psychobabble.
    They've done two episodes about Scientology and they were both years ago.

    As for you point about them focussing on liberal tolerance, the Democrat's have been in the White House for four years now so most of the big news events in America will be about that, just as during the Bush years most of the material was about far-right Republican news.

    The programmes best years are behind it but it's still good after 16 seasons, The Simpsons became shit long before that.
  • megastar 29 Nov 2012 12:51:46 17,235 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    How does $350K an episode equate to $175k a minute?? :lol:
    As my post says - he's never in an episode for more than 2 minutes!

    Crazy!
  • Gambit1977 29 Nov 2012 12:53:09 10,389 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    How does $350K an episode equate to $175k a minute?? :lol:
    As my post says - he's never in an episode for more than 2 minutes!

    Crazy!
    Really? I have to say I've not seen it for years. Not bad money, but bear in mind, it's a little more than 20 minutes of work every episode.
  • kinky_mong 29 Nov 2012 14:21:59 11,677 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    megastar wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    How does $350K an episode equate to $175k a minute?? :lol:
    As my post says - he's never in an episode for more than 2 minutes!

    Crazy!
    Really? I have to say I've not seen it for years. Not bad money, but bear in mind, it's a little more than 20 minutes of work every episode.
    Not for the script writers it isn't.
  • ronuds 29 Nov 2012 14:41:43 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    The programmes best years are behind it but it's still good after 16 seasons, The Simpsons became shit long before that.
    I thought SP turned to shit after the 1st or 2nd season.

    Opinions, eh?
  • kinky_mong 29 Nov 2012 16:22:12 11,677 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    The programmes best years are behind it but it's still good after 16 seasons, The Simpsons became shit long before that.
    I thought SP turned to shit after the 1st or 2nd season.

    Opinions, eh?
    Opinions indeed. I thought the first two series were very shit when I watched them again as an adult.
  • ronuds 29 Nov 2012 16:27:39 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @kinky_mong - So you didn't like the first couple seasons, but enjoyed the later ones... or are you talking about Simpsons?

    With SP, I was out about the time talking poop became a character.
  • kinky_mong 29 Nov 2012 16:33:25 11,677 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ronuds I was talking about South Park, but that does apply to The Simpsons as well (although there are a few good episodes in the second series that are still watchable).

    And Mr Hankey was in the first series of South Park so you would have been out after about 6 episodes.
  • ronuds 29 Nov 2012 16:41:40 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @kinky_mong - only the 6th episode? Well, I did say 1st or 2nd season! :p

    I've tried watching sporadically since then, but I just couldn't get into it.

    I feel The Simpsons had a far longer stretch of excellent seasons, but you're right that the first couple could be hard to watch now. And the new ones are just terrible.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jun 2015 11:56:51 14,791 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm very late but just started watching Modern Family on Netflix, only about 7-8 episodes in but I'm really enjoying it.
    It's been a long time since I properly laughed so much at a comedy :D
  • RyanDS 11 Jun 2015 12:46:01 10,706 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What I like about Modern Family is that everyone is just nice, and a good person. Makes a change to watch something so free of cynicism.
  • Grax 11 Jun 2015 12:48:07 4,483 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    What I like about Modern Family is that everyone is just nice, and a good person. Makes a change to watch something so free of cynicism.
    whilst being midly racist with its portrayal of Columbia
  • sport 11 Jun 2015 12:48:11 13,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeen...
  • Gus 11 Jun 2015 13:56:29 2,283 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    What I like about Modern Family is that everyone is just nice, and a good person. Makes a change to watch something so free of cynicism.
    The cynicism is the way in which it targets every single demographic possible in order to have the widest possible commercial appeal.

    Apart from black people.
  • PES_Fanboy 11 Jun 2015 13:57:29 25,214 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Say whaaaaaat?
  • magicpanda 11 Jun 2015 14:09:39 13,861 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gay is the new black.
  • TheSaint 11 Jun 2015 14:09:58 15,788 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not to mention a gay couple who seem to borderline hate each other.

    Don't get me wrong I like it as a show but they seem to really struggle finding the right balance between the reality of a gay couple and something acceptable for prime time US network TV.

    Happy Endings gay character was far more interesting but then that was aimed at a very different age group.

    Edited by TheSaint at 14:12:00 11-06-2015
  • richarddavies 11 Jun 2015 14:12:32 3,663 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whats the reality of a gay couple?
  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

Log in or register to reply