Is PS Vita Dying? Page 4

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• harriselhoff 24 Nov 2012 01:07:10 184 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm still loving mine. In the last few weeks I've got Street Fighter x Tekken, Need for Speed, AC Liberation, Playstation Allstars, Sine Mora and Jet Set Radio. Really don't understand the no games argument. Maybe the Vita will die, but there are definitely games out there for it.
  • spamdangled 24 Nov 2012 01:10:43 27,410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why are people arguing with Vizzini? He's Sony's version of ecosse.

Actually, scratch that. I don't remember ecosse picking a fight against digital foundry and creating multiple threads accusing them of anti-sony bias just because their findings didn't tally with official Sony marketing.

Edited by darkmorgado at 01:21:51 24-11-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 24 Nov 2012 01:19:28 27,410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Give the Vita its own dedicated Hitman game. Lots of smaller levels, and throw in contracts mode.

Some more ports of PS2 games wouldn't go amiss. Has there been any more news on FFX10 HD?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Syrette 24 Nov 2012 01:21:18 43,744 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    harriselhoff wrote:
    I'm still loving mine. In the last few weeks I've got Street Fighter x Tekken, Need for Speed, AC Liberation, Playstation Allstars, Sine Mora and Jet Set Radio. Really don't understand the no games argument. Maybe the Vita will die, but there are definitely games out there for it.
    I don't think anyone actually accuses it of having no games though. People seem to defend it against an argument that isn't really being made.

Does it have enough, future-wise? I think that's the bigger worry. It's certainly mine.

And with all due respect, all of the games you've listed apart from one (Liberation, which got some mixed reviews) are available elsewhere. That's not going to sell Vitas.

• HiddenAway 24 Nov 2012 01:32:17 14,918 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @harriselhoff The main argument is the Japanese sales, which are hardly surprising given that only Persona 4: Golden and Hatsune Miku have helped push hardware over there. Gravity Daze did well for a new IP but that's not enough.

Vita's also got to contend with the loss of Monster Hunter to the 3DS which pretty much means it's doomed unless Soul Sacrifice/Gods Eater 2 can come to it's rescue as a decent alternative - because the prospects in Japan are very grim otherwise.

Can't see FF10 helping much with the remaster hitting PS3 as well and while a Type-0 port to Vita to use the 2nd analog stick would be welcome (and increase the chances of arriving over here), Square-Enix aren't in the position to do it (especially with FF14 version 2 and FF13-WillItEverEnd in production).

...and of course SCEJ are still trying to cut a cat-eagle sized door to get The Last Guardian out the door. Ironically, they could move it to Vita and it'll probably release next year* :p

* Joke. Of course I want it on PS3 :p

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• spamdangled 24 Nov 2012 01:35:04 27,410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The first Gods Eater was firmly below average so I wouldn't hold your breath on that front. And am I wrong, or is Soul Sacrifice still a largely unknown quantity?

And it amazes me that people still think the Last Guardian is coming out.

Edited by darkmorgado at 01:36:30 24-11-2012

• HiddenAway 24 Nov 2012 01:38:54 14,918 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @darkmorgado Below average it might be but Namco-Bandai seem to be banking on it. My sister is certainly looking forward to it as she talks about it - a lot.

As for Soul Sacrifice, it is an unknown quantity but exclusives are always better than nothing at this point.

The moment they announce it for PS3 as well though is when we really should start arranging funerals :p

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• harriselhoff 24 Nov 2012 01:44:23 184 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It really is a shame. I'm not sure why, but I feel really defensive of the Vita for some reason. It's definitely not that I'm worried about it being a waste of money, as even if they stopped producing games for it now I'd have had my money's worth.

The Vita is probably my favourite console at the moment, although it helps it's case that I work nights, so get a fair old time to play it.

It hurts me to admit, but I probably have to agree that I can't see the situation picking up for it in the near future. Some shocking and weird decisions by Sony will probably lead to the death of my 3rd little baby. (To clarify I have 2 real-life children.)

Edited by harriselhoff at 01:45:57 24-11-2012
  • spamdangled 24 Nov 2012 01:50:34 27,410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You're not hardcore enough.

Sell your bedevilled offspring on the black market and give the money to Sony to create exclusives otherwise you're just playing at being a fan.

Edited by darkmorgado at 01:50:59 24-11-2012

• harriselhoff 24 Nov 2012 01:54:54 184 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That's true, but I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. I'm gonna have to keep at least one back to do the same for the Wii U in a year's time.
  • TheRealBadabing 24 Nov 2012 02:08:56 1,329 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Definitely get a Dreamcast vibe off the Vita. Great system but doomed to fail.

It's a classic example of design by committee: loads of great features but some very contradictory design decisions.

Region locking network passes was a dick move. Claiming region-free then doing that really pissed me off for some reason.

Proprietary memory cards was another mistake. Making them that expensive for a device that depended on a digital store was just plain idiotic.

Sold mine after a couple of months and though I still miss Wipeout and Everybodys Golf, it was too hard to justify holding on to at the price.
  • Progguitarist 24 Nov 2012 02:32:20 10,479 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sadly, I agree with Psychotext.

I think the Vita is a great piece of hardware but the game is well and truly up for it.
  • joeymoto108 24 Nov 2012 02:51:30 650 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I also got a Vita at launch and have barely played it since. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Persona 4, that's it. Vita is dead, I really think they should call it quits because it's just not happening.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• Phattso Moderator 24 Nov 2012 03:03:55 13,537 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vita served its purpose as the official Cart Holder for Motorstorm RC. I wasn't aware it was useful for anything else? ;)

Still very much loving mine. I don't play games as voraciously as in the past, so its tickle feed of good games is more than enough for me.

Probably "doomed" indeed, though.
  • INSOMANiAC 24 Nov 2012 03:10:42 3,833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why is this thread only displaying the first page ??

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• spamdangled 24 Nov 2012 03:15:06 27,410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Because Jesus hates you.

• nickthegun 24 Nov 2012 08:25:25 60,415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The thing that has killed it for me, depressingly, is its non-standard charging port. I just can't be arsed finding the charger every time it runs out of batteries.

Plus the games are 40 quid, so fuck that.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• kalel 24 Nov 2012 08:44:21 88,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm really looking forward to getting one cheap once it is dead, but for it to justify its current price it would need significant better software support.

But yeah, dead. More or less stillborn in fact.
  • Deleted user 24 November 2012 08:59:21
    The PSP appeared to be dying for its entire existence and that ended up with an incredibly library of games. The Vita has already ticked that box for me so as long as it continues I'm happy. It gets more use than the 360 for sure. There is no doubt it will lose any sales competitions but devs seem happy enough to develop for it - with some actual effort into what they are producing - so don't think dying is an appropriate term.
  • roz123 24 Nov 2012 09:00:20 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ive seen more adverts for Vita then any other game or console this Christmas. Mainly that one where they are jumping around playing COD.
  • sport 24 Nov 2012 09:10:47 12,775 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hopefully, the Vita's death will mean the N-Gage's resurrection.
  • nickthegun 24 Nov 2012 09:24:10 60,415 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I will say that PS+ for the vita has given it a shot in the arm for me.

Sadly for sony, its put me in a position where im, basically, never going to buy another game again.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• mrpon 24 Nov 2012 09:29:14 29,183 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Other than the price of one game a year, if you renew of course. But isn't that the whole idea of PS+?

I've never used it btw.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• THFourteen 24 Nov 2012 09:30:58 33,810 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sold mine over summer, glad I did, never used it after motorstorm wore out.

if i'm going to take a bag, I take a multifunctional device like a tablet or laptop.
  • Deckard1 24 Nov 2012 09:31:45 28,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's threads like this that makes me realise how much I hate everyone. EVERYONE.

Especially you mrpon.
  • CannonAnBall 24 Nov 2012 09:38:47 751 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's threads like this that make me wonder why I bother with forums.
  • ElNuevo9 24 Nov 2012 09:49:28 13,479 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great peice of kit, I love mine to bits. I've had plenty gaming time on the machine in the 9 months it's been out to personally justify the outlay.

But yeah, it's dead. Wrong place, wrong time.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Deleted user 24 November 2012 09:51:45
    Yeah, getting my laptop killed the point of the vita tbh. I just take a bag whenever I go out and want to game.
  • the_dudefather 24 Nov 2012 09:53:41 9,322 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We all die some day...

tears in the rain...

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Deleted user 24 November 2012 09:59:16
    HAHAHAHA Monkey Ball as a killer app for vita!
  • Page

of 12 First / Last