Is PS Vita Dying? Page 3

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• mikew1985 24 Nov 2012 00:13:28 12,069 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fucking lol, I was on my phone, just got home he Pm'd me too.

Pathetic.

:D
  • Nades 24 Nov 2012 00:13:59 633 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, it probably is dying, I bought it when it first came out, hardly played it, it's like new! So my sister is buying it off me to give to her son for Christmas lol. It's pointless in my opinion, because it's not as good as the consoles.

Liverpool FC

• RobTheBuilder 24 Nov 2012 00:14:12 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ico the reviews for that made it sound like it was botched. Which was a shame as I've played RR2 on Psp like crazy. Always love a ridge racer with a new machine!
  • Deleted user 24 November 2012 00:16:01
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    The PSP was a slow burner in Japan during the DS domination; the problem with the Vita like in the PSP early years, is Sony seem to be intent on porting console games to a handheld device, instead of creating handheld games for a handheld device.
    Agree completely. Things may pick up with the release of Soul Sacrifice in Japan next year due its Co-Op nature and if FFX HD ( another re-release ) will shift a few copies. I got far more mileage from Super Star Dust and Tales From Space and I prefer the Vita over the 3DS but the Vita has a long road ahead and the road is filled with landmines and pitfalls.

There's a few games on the horizon I'm interested in but no real new IPs bar whatever Media Molecule are working on.
    Still at least Sony are trying with the Cross-Buy promotion on certain games as well as PS+ for it.

I'd love a Gitaroo man on vita.
  • ico 24 Nov 2012 00:16:19 229 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder I really like it, especially at the discounted price.
  • Kay 24 Nov 2012 00:16:36 17,403 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love the Vita, think it's great value for money when you factor in PS+, and in many respects it's head and shoulders above the 3DS.

But when its great big hope turns out to be a home-console aping spin-off that has a metacritic score in the 30s, well, it's hard to feel any sympathy for Sony.
  • ico 24 Nov 2012 00:17:02 229 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @WeakOrbit Is it available in Eu?
  • spamdangled 24 Nov 2012 00:17:07 27,197 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm holding on to it because I remember similar stuff being said about the PSP, and even though that never set tills on fire it ended up becoming host to a huge array of amazing games.

Hell, if it does tank it will be a collector's item.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• mikew1985 24 Nov 2012 00:17:16 12,069 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't tell if he's being weirdly sincere in his PM now.

Dude, stop, if you want to say something say it here, I'm not getting into some oddly private conversation with you.
  • ico 24 Nov 2012 00:20:10 229 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mikew1985 That's not my intent. I don't like people being overly negative. The PS Vita is a nice piece of kit. I much prefer it to the 3DS. I disagreed with your blanket comment. I should have been more diplomatic. Cut me some slack, Over and out.
  • RobTheBuilder 24 Nov 2012 00:21:38 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psp was the best value system I've ever had. Dirt cheap games by the ton. Just hope vita lasts long enough to get the same.

Edited by RobTheBuilder at 00:21:57 24-11-2012
  • Psychotext 24 Nov 2012 00:22:27 52,793 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    You do realise that this is a gaming website? Gaming is good? Death of any great gaming product is bad?
    I genuinely couldn't give a flying fuck about mobile / handheld gaming. That said, at least the 3DS and DS did it right in offering truly bitesize games rather than half arsed ports and spinoffs of console games.

But yes, for all I care handheld gaming could die tomorrow. I wouldn't shed a single tear.
  • FanBoysSuck 24 Nov 2012 00:23:23 1,385 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd love a Vita but can't justify it at it overall price including memory cards. When I can get the machine plus decent memory card and a couple of games for below £200 I'll bite (like I did with original psp).

For the emperor!

• mikew1985 24 Nov 2012 00:23:38 12,069 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ico wrote:
    @mikew1985 That's not my intent. I don't like people being overly negative. The PS Vita is a nice piece of kit. I much prefer it to the 3DS. I disagreed with your blanket comment. I should have been more diplomatic. Cut me some slack, Over and out.
    Fair enough, my blanket statement is based off the harsh truth as i see it.

Like I said; I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by mikew1985 at 00:24:20 24-11-2012
  • ecureuil 24 Nov 2012 00:24:06 76,024 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At this point would dropping it to, say, $99 do any good? They'd probably make a loss but it would give the console a lifespan and a userbase that would buy games from the store.
  • ico 24 Nov 2012 00:24:29 229 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Psychotext I am sorry but that is just plain ignorant. Are you suggesting that the Vita doesn't offer this?
    May I also add that not agreeing is the lifeblood of a forum. I know that disagreeing can seem like trolling, but I appreciate a feisty discussion.

Edited by ico at 00:26:52 24-11-2012
  • mikew1985 24 Nov 2012 00:26:47 12,069 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Along with the horrible base price of the system, the proprietary storage was a massive misstep.

I can see why they thought they needed to do it, but going with micro SD would have got a lot more people at launch imo. They were short sightedly greedy.

Edited by mikew1985 at 00:28:01 24-11-2012
  • Deleted user 24 November 2012 00:28:28
    @ico Only on UMD for PSP or PS2 I'm afraid.But yeah it's available.

I would definitely not call it dead yet, the price drop next year may sell a few more but there is still no real OMG must plays for it.

It'll be interesting to see how much more games utilize Cross-Buy/Play in the future, as well as what other HD Collections will make it. Is the ZOE collection still coming?

Wonder if they'll release a model next year with a built in memory. Even if its only 4gigs.
  • ico 24 Nov 2012 00:30:07 229 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mikew1985 But maybe Sony should have realized that hand-helds are most attractive to children? Maybe that's where they went wrong?
  • Savatage 24 Nov 2012 00:32:36 38 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Oh, and just to make it further clear that it's dead, the 3DS in the last six weeks sold more than the Vita has since it was released.

Dead.
    Why so happy about trying to force something that isn't true?

You do realise that this is a gaming website? Gaming is good? Death of any great gaming product is bad? The Vita might not be the right price with a memory card for people waiting for subsidized hardware, but you'd have to really dislike gaming to not appreciate how awesome the hardware is.

The games are also much better than EG's reviews, give them credit. Gamers waiting for the price cut, or not into portable, fair enough. People just not wanting it to do well, aren't gamers (imo).
    Hate to knock you off your high horse, but that's a bit rich coming from someone who's been openly wishing for the demise of MS/Xbox for years.
  • Psychotext 24 Nov 2012 00:32:40 52,793 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ico wrote:
    @Psychotext I am sorry but that is just plain ignorant. Are you suggesting that the Vita doesn't offer this?
    I'm speaking more from the perspective of the PSP than the Vita but none of the highly publicised "must have" games seem to indicate that there have been major changes in this regard. Sony still bleat about "home console gaming on your handheld".

But that aside, the point was more in reference about not caring if this handheld lives or dies. I don't have emotional investment in it, I see it for its sales figures, and those sales figures are truly appalling. Especially in the one place that still does handheld gaming on devices that aren't phones.
  • INSOMANiAC 24 Nov 2012 00:33:23 3,788 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    got one day one, bought several games, not bought one since because theres cock all out! COD is supposed to be a joke of a game and I'm not paying 40 quid for Assassins creed.

I'm still waiting on persona 4 to arrive from VG+ but other than that I wont be buying another game I dont think so based on that I'd say yes, its dead in the water. Shame because its a beautiful thing.

Drop the 32gb cards to around 20 quid, sell the new games at 20-25 a pop and they might just save it but they arent going to so its pointless.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• ico 24 Nov 2012 00:35:50 229 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Psychotext I see your point. Still, Ridge Racer did try to inovate and offer relevant mobile gaming, only for people to complain about the lack of a traditional career mode.
  • Deleted user 24 November 2012 00:39:13
    @WeakOrbit

I think at the right price(including memory card price drop) demoed and bundled with Monkeyball and gravity rush this would fly off shelves with life time gamers.

Graphically the single player of Monkeyball is as good as it can look on a portable. The OLED screen is truly a cut-above any display device, especially with vibrant colours when the monkey is rolling. The thumbsticks also are pretty much perfect for it.
  • mikew1985 24 Nov 2012 00:40:55 12,069 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ico wrote:
    @mikew1985 But maybe Sony should have realized that hand-helds are most attractive to children? Maybe that's where they went wrong?
    Well there is that but they also could have priced the games and hardware more sensibly to compete in the market. Downloadable games have been the biggest money sink for me on it. Getting the PSN library on there is the best direction.

The likes of Journey, mutant blobs etc. are the types of games, along with some RPG's, that I want to play on a handheld.
  • Syrette 24 Nov 2012 00:40:57 41,866 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes, Super Monkey Ball is the killer app.

No, wait, the other thing.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Nov 2012 00:41:10 36,285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've got one, but the feeling of "is that it?" has well and truly hit. Mainly because that is it, there's nothing else coming. Nothing that'll get me back in anyway.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• ico 24 Nov 2012 00:44:17 229 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mikew1985 Same here, but in my country at least, the market for hand-helds, not moble platfoms, is definitely mostly young kids. Older segments of the market will buy Iphones or IPads.
  • Syrette 24 Nov 2012 00:44:45 41,866 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Excited for Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway. Aside from them it's looking fairly barren.

Reasonable amount of good stuff out there already though. Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 are sublime and you can't go wrong with Sound Shapes and Lumines.

• mrpon 24 Nov 2012 00:52:08 27,646 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Currently enjoying a bit of PS2 GoW I/II via remote play. Then it's Ico/SotC which'll be sub 20 by then. Same applies for Most Wanted and MGS Collection. Also still a fair few PSP games on the go as well.

I need a job with a train commute!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Page

of 12 First / Last