Steiner Schools Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Dougs 21 Nov 2012 18:08:19 68,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    One thing I have learned about being a parent is that judging other parents is more natural than breathing.
    Lol, this. I'm quite looking forward to the school run so I can be a judgemental prick.
  • localnotail 21 Nov 2012 19:11:22 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    I know someone who doesn't believe in setting limits or correcting her children's behaviour. She believes they will develop their own social strategy this way. What it usually boils down to is other parents having to correct her children's behaviour. She tried to put the eldest girl into nursery but that " didn't work for her", i.e. the poor kid couldn't accept she needed to modify her own impulses to get along with others. I see homeschooling on the horizon.
    My nephew is the same. My sister in law has made a conscious effort to never say no to him so her house is a wasteland of crayon on walls and formerly expensive furniture with lumps knocked out of it.

So when he comes to our house it's up to me to stop him throwing things at the tv, which she doesn't like at all.
    It's so frustrating. It feels like laziness on their part, getting everyone else to do the work of defining boundaries.
    After the second time her son deliberately rammed a toy tractor into my baby's head as she lay on the playmat, I removed it from his hand (cue tantrum) and looked pointedly at her. She just shrugged at me. I rolled my eyes at her, and she murmured something like "Maybe you should find something else to do, Barney?".

Sign me up to the judgemental parent club - I have no problem judging her. Her kids do not seem particularly happy, for all their freedom.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next