Who has Curiosity? Page 6

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• mrpon 26 May 2013 19:52:56 28,923 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Peter should post a leaderboard of losers, mosts taps etc.. Nothing to say the winner didn't just tap once at the end, eBay stylee.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 26 May 2013 19:56:13
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    God I miss using the word fag :(
    Well maybe this will help stimulate your vocabulary and creativity.
    "Curiosity Participator" is far too wordy.
  • spamdangled 26 May 2013 19:58:45 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Peter should post a leaderboard of losers, mosts taps etc.. Nothing to say the winner didn't just tap once at the end, eBay stylee.
    Pretty sure they said they are going to release all of the data they gathered over the course of it into the Public Domain (sans anything personally identifiable, of course)

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 26 May 2013 20:00:58 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:
    Its nothing about hate darkmoragado, its just about being honest.

Just to reiterate;

- They refuse to say if the PC version is free or paid - they reply to comments on their KS page but not about the PC pricing which a lot of people have asked - if it was paid, why not just come out and say it?
    He has. See above.

- Regardless of that, lets give you and them the benefit of the doubt and say the mobile version is free and the PC is paid, some people backed Goddus to play it on their iPad and iPhone, they didn't mention once that it was a free-2-play game, thats just not fair, why should they get a Freemium game?
    Kickstarter backers are given a free copy of the PC version.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• TarickStonefire 26 May 2013 20:50:54 3,107 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    LetsGo wrote:
    Its nothing about hate darkmoragado, its just about being honest.

Just to reiterate;

- They refuse to say if the PC version is free or paid - they reply to comments on their KS page but not about the PC pricing which a lot of people have asked - if it was paid, why not just come out and say it?
    He has. See above.

- Regardless of that, lets give you and them the benefit of the doubt and say the mobile version is free and the PC is paid, some people backed Goddus to play it on their iPad and iPhone, they didn't mention once that it was a free-2-play game, thats just not fair, why should they get a Freemium game?
    Kickstarter backers are given a free copy of the PC version.
    Not to mention that with KS you aren't *buying* something. You're contributing to it in a way that is spelled out on the KS page. Whether it ends up being free-to-play is irrelevant unless they've specifically said beforehand that it won't be. And they haven't.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 26 May 2013 20:53:52 3,107 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    What a bullshit prize for wasting your life. Hope everyone that 'played' this feels fucking embarrassed.
    Golly, did something *just* not go your way in 'real life' or something? lol

If people had some fun tapping away at the cube, their life was not wasted. Just because you feel personally aggrieved for some reason, I'm pretty sure those who had their fun with the cube won't feel remotely embarrassed, and if they knew what you were saying they'd probably just stand at a safe distance and watch the strange ranty man do his rant, before moving away to get on with not being remotely embarrassed about having tinkered with a free app for a while for their own personal reasons.

Have a better evening!

• TarickStonefire 26 May 2013 20:56:41 3,107 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    But there is so much I am positive about. But if something is obviously bullshit, and made worse by a thread full of people convincing themselves otherwise it deserves a rant.
    Okaaaay... so why are you in here, again?

This whole thing thing has been a poor joke on the mentally disabled and they are still lapping it up even though it is finished. I have a problem with that.
    I refer you to my previous post, and give you a slightly-over-familiar little cheek-shoogle to try and cheer you the fuck up you miserable sod.

Also, lol at the ranty man.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 20:57:41 26-05-2013

• Deleted user 26 May 2013 23:25:56
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    What a bullshit prize for wasting your life. Hope everyone that 'played' this feels fucking embarrassed.
    Golly, did something *just* not go your way in 'real life' or something? lol

If people had some fun tapping away at the cube, their life was not wasted. Just because you feel personally aggrieved for some reason, I'm pretty sure those who had their fun with the cube won't feel remotely embarrassed, and if they knew what you were saying they'd probably just stand at a safe distance and watch the strange ranty man do his rant, before moving away to get on with not being remotely embarrassed about having tinkered with a free app for a while for their own personal reasons.

Have a better evening!
    Nah son, you've wasted your life. If you've had any actual enjoyment from tapping on the cube then I wouldn't worry about it. You are clearly fucking deficient.
  • FWB 27 May 2013 01:05:23 44,585 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I like Peter's games, but he does produce a large amount of pretentious crap from one of his orifices.
  • Mola_Ram 27 May 2013 01:07:11 7,408 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Did anyone here actually try tapping on it? I found it quite relaxing.
  • FWB 27 May 2013 01:30:19 44,585 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You know why he gets a percentage of the profits, right? Cos he probably has to spend his life online Godding it up in the game; it'll be a job.
  • Mola_Ram 27 May 2013 01:40:32 7,408 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    sajasanman wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Did anyone here actually try tapping on it? I found it quite relaxing.
    I was thinking of saying something like I've never played golf or something, but that has positives like fresh air, nice views.

There is nothing comparable to the utterly pointless and valueless thing that was curiousity.
    So, you haven't played it? Or you have?

I was never obsessed, but occasionally jabbered away on it for a few minutes. As far as wastes of time go, imo there have been far worse culprits in gaming.
  • BillMurray 27 May 2013 02:01:12 7,743 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its pretty funny how much this game irritated some people. Hope he does a sequel.
  • Mola_Ram 27 May 2013 02:04:05 7,408 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    sajasanman wrote:
    No I haven't played it and no there haven't been worse culprits. It's a tick box simulator. It's fucking retarded.
    Ok, cool. I just wanted to make sure whether I could take your opinion seriously or not. But since it's an opinion on a game that you've never played, there's not much to go on.

I thought it was an interesting social experiment, and the hilariously over-the-top reactions from the anti-Molyneux camp only makes it more interesting.

Given that so many games have stupid, grindey ocd elements, spending hours upon hours to make your numbers go higher than someone else's numbers, I guess I can understand the discomfort from a project that distils that obsession down to something as pure as tapping on a cube.

Was it a good game? No, not really. But it sure was interesting.

I'm sure pretty much everyone will disagree with that, but eh. Overall, I'm glad that there are crazy people like Molyneux around.
  • FWB 27 May 2013 02:07:51 44,585 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Its pretty funny how much this game irritated some people. Hope he does a sequel.
    Good entertainment. Mission accomplished.
  • Mola_Ram 27 May 2013 02:19:15 7,408 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There would have been much respect from me if, at the centre of the cube, he said something like "the prize has been inside you all along", or something like that. Basically, if he'd revealed that his intention was just to troll the fuck out of everyone.
  • OptimusPube 27 May 2013 02:21:33 3,034 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What is this? was it just a "game" where you tap at a screen to eat away at a cyber cube to get to the centre of it.

If so what a pointless waste of shit, give me bubble wrap any day.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• FWB 27 May 2013 02:28:09 44,585 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Read a good comment about this whole enterprise...

You're going to be ruled over by someone who thinks that constantly tapping a screen is a great form of entertainment.
  • Mola_Ram 27 May 2013 02:34:29 7,408 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    But that's what a lot of games are these days! Just constant tapping away on a screen. Even the best examples of this - say, Punch Quest, which I've been on for a while and fucking love - are pretty pointless at the end of the day.

Curiosity took all of the trappings away and showed us, essentially, what many of us are really doing with our time. People don't like that.

Hell, I'd say the reaction to it has been far more interesting than the game itself. Like I said, an interesting social experiment!
  • GuiltySpark 27 May 2013 05:59:27 6,387 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "Here's a digital cube, I'm known for massively over-hyping everything I create but this time THERE'S SOMETHING LIFE CHANGING INSIDE"

The above should have been met with a collective 'meh'. But no, it was meant with tapping of a furious nature.

So, the experiment is successful, if it was to determine whether or not people are chumps.

Get bent.

• dominalien 27 May 2013 06:48:20 6,861 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, the prize is money, despite of what he said. Unless the game makes no money.

It's a pretty bold experiment (the thing that happens now, not Curiosity itself), I wonder how much influence the guy gets to actually have over the game.

PSN: DonOsito

• Phattso Moderator 27 May 2013 07:15:19 13,342 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love that the eventual winner of this only got the game an hour beforehand.
  • TarickStonefire 27 May 2013 08:51:18 3,107 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    I love that the eventual winner of this only got the game an hour beforehand.
    Me too, I think it's great! Really sticks it to the moany arses who post things like "so Godus will be ruled by some tosser who thinks entertainment is tappin a screen for months" etc.

Also loving the continued anger over something that has always been clearly flagged by its creator as a glorified engineering experiment that nobody has to try if they don't want to.

• Page

of 7 First / Last