Stop! Vasectomy time! Page 9

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• ZuluHero 24 Sep 2013 17:03:37 4,019 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm sure you'll be fine soon bdaggers :)

Personally I had no issues with mine - local anaesthetic and awake through out, just chatted to the nurses over in like 10 mins. Didn't even need stitches in my scrotum even though they used a scalpel to cut open my balls! :eek:

Even after all was great - I basically didn't move much and any time i walked anywhere I just cradled them tightly to my body and there was no pain or really any swelling what so ever. Much to my partner's amusement mind you. I didn't even need any pain killers or ice either so i really consider myself lucky in this regard. All healed up pretty fast too.

Alls been well for the past 8 months, no problems so to speak, though i did go through a phase about 2 months ago where I used to get a dull ache at the...erm... hmm.. 'point of happiness' but that seems to have passed too.

So everything is fine! Touch wood ;)
  • Deleted user 24 September 2013 17:11:08
    Swelling isn't that bad, maybe 10% ball bag diameter at most.

C*ck swelling only within previous parameters .... unfortunately.

Mrs bdaggers is counting the days until the ban is over. Typical 'I can't have it, so now I want it' situation.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2013 17:14:16
    @zuluhero glad to hear it. I was quite concerned about the bruising, then I googled 'post vasectomy bruising' and realised how UNbruised I am.

Some poor bastard had complete blue c*ck and balls.
  • binky Moderator 17 Jul 2014 14:19:52 9,426 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So apparently the docs in kent refuse to do this under GA, so now I'm booked in for the op under a local... NEXT Saturday. Shit.
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Jul 2014 14:26:09 23,173 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Best of luck binky!

YOU CRAZY BASTARD

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• ZuluHero 17 Jul 2014 14:26:27 4,019 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @binky I don't think i know anyone that has had it done under a general and I thought all were done under a local (that's what it said in the little booklet I had)

Good luck Binky! You'll need it ;)

Just kidding! :)
  • Deleted user 17 July 2014 14:28:16
    Enjoy Binky.

I had it done under LA and wish to hell I'd had it under GA... I'll leave it at that. ;)

Practice your "John Wayne Walk" for when you "walk" out of the place afterwards...
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Jul 2014 14:29:39 23,173 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I'd want to be dead before anyone began slicing up my balls. Just shoot me in the head, doc, then go wild down there.

• PES_Fanboy 17 Jul 2014 14:33:32 13,422 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The thing to remember is the op makes you no less of a man.

Your spouse making you have the snip is what made you less of a man.
  • Dougs 17 Jul 2014 14:35:30 66,637 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha, I've got mine booked too. For November. When I rang up last week, they said they had a spot the next day. That was a little soon for me. November is fine, gives me time to psych myself up.
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Jul 2014 14:39:37 14,392 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Ha, I've got mine booked too. For November. When I rang up last week, they said they had a spot the next day. That was a little soon for me. November is fine, gives me time to psych myself up.
    Good lad, join the 2 and thats it gang ;-)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Dougs 17 Jul 2014 14:41:40 66,637 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THe frustrating thing is that it should be done now, my doc refused to sign off on it as she was pushing my wife to use contraception. I'm cool with it, but she generally doesn't like doing referrals. We went to see her husband instead and he signed it off no bother.
  • Deleted user 17 July 2014 14:46:43
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    That was for damn sure my reason for going through it.

Although the op was "not pleasant", it's certainly not something I've regretted and its thankfully not a long procedure. The bit after wasn't too bad. Just make sure you keep everything clean.
  • riz23 17 Jul 2014 15:02:55 1,150 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @binky I know you in RL although it's been many a year since the days in Chertsey, but you are probably not that old now? So binky binky, why you let the doctors play with your winky? Nothing serious I hope? Good luck either way!
  • riz23 17 Jul 2014 15:03:56 1,150 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Fuck me, you're all at it you nutters!
  • midnight_walker 17 Jul 2014 15:05:10 1,857 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been seriously considering this for after our second child. Now I learn wanking is medically prescribed I can't see any reason not to!
  • TAJB 17 Jul 2014 15:05:36 81 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    binky wrote:
    So apparently the docs in kent refuse to do this under GA, so now I'm booked in for the op under a local... NEXT Saturday. Shit.
    Just reading this sentence makes me all uncomfortable and squirmy.
  • rivuzu 17 Jul 2014 15:11:50 954 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GP refused to refer me on the basis that I have no children.
    Told him I never want any.
    He acted like a patronising cunt about it.
    I'm 26 for fucks sake. This was half a year ago.
  • McEwan 17 Jul 2014 15:11:55 283 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I had mine done just under 5 years ago. Took a couple of weeks to totally heal but nothing too terrible to write home about.

Just remember to send off the test samples after it's done to be sure it's taken or you might have an Ian Beale situation on your hands!
  • McEwan 17 Jul 2014 15:12:48 283 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @rivuzu They have to really make sure because people have been known to change their minds. And it costs a good 2K to reverse it.
  • riz23 17 Jul 2014 15:16:04 1,150 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @rivuzu At the risk of sounding like a patronising cunt, 26 years old seems young to make that decision. You never know where life or relationships will take you.
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Jul 2014 15:16:11 23,173 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At 26, I can understand why he'd be reluctant. All it takes is that one special woman to change your mind...

• challenge_hanukkah 17 Jul 2014 15:22:57 55 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I used to be 26.
  • PES_Fanboy 17 Jul 2014 15:24:49 13,422 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    At 26, I can understand why he'd be reluctant. All it takes is that one special woman to change your mind...
    But at that point she's already got his balls in her handbag.
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Jul 2014 15:27:56 23,173 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    But at that point she's already got his balls in her handbag.
    Maybe he was just angry with the doctor for turning him down because his girlfriend was waiting with the vice as a back-up.

• rivuzu 17 Jul 2014 15:29:49 954 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Nope. In my mind, the worst thing I could ever do is become a father. It's something no woman is ever going to change my mind on, and I'm ok with that.

Plus my current situation with the SO is awkward. I have a latex allergy, she has issues with the pill conflicting with other medication. I wouldn't of asked for a vas if it wasn't for her because it's really effecting her moods.

But nope, not a good enough reason, despite being reversible. Might just take out private health care.
  • Dougs 17 Jul 2014 15:32:39 66,637 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    riz23 wrote:

Fuck me, you're all at it you nutters!
    :D I'm 40 with 2 kids, that's plenty for me. Even if I do run off with the secretary. No. More. Kids!
  • PES_Fanboy 17 Jul 2014 15:33:51 13,422 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @rivuzu Dr PES prescribes FHUTA
  • Dougs 17 Jul 2014 15:34:32 66,637 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @riv - get her to try another form of contraception - coil or summat.

Edit: Or what PES said.

Edited by Dougs at 15:34:51 17-07-2014
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Jul 2014 15:34:35 23,173 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Nope. In my mind, the worst thing I could ever do is become a father. It's something no woman is ever going to change my mind on, and I'm ok with that.

Plus my current situation with the SO is awkward. I have a latex allergy, she has issues with the pill conflicting with other medication. I wouldn't of asked for a vas if it wasn't for her because it's really effecting her moods.

But nope, not a good enough reason, despite being reversible. Might just take out private health care.
    Why don't you just use latex-free condoms?

• Page

of 11 First / Last