• oceanmotion 20 Feb 2013 20:04:04 15,951 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice genes to pass on :D
  • BartonFink 20 Feb 2013 20:06:04 34,934 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Firstly ... sport? WTF?

Anyhew the missus brought this up again last night.

'Vin - Are we having another kid?'
    'Nope hun'
    'You gonna have the snip then'
    'Errr eh. What's for tea hun'
  • ZuluHero 26 Feb 2013 20:53:05 4,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All done. Not too bad apart from nearly feinting and throwing up.

Apparently local anesthetic doesn't agree with me. Was a bit nervy when this shaky old man came out to do it, but he was really great, a bit like that old toy fixer in Toy Story 2 Never thought he'd have the dexterity to do it. Didn't really feel anything during the procedure though, and was over in about 10 minutes so good job! Started at 11am was home by 1pm. He was really cutting through people though (no pun intended) he must have seen around 25 guys today and wouldn't be surprised if there were more.

Feeling a bit tender now but not too bad. Not needed ice or painkillers. Yet! Gonna see what the damage is like tomorrow though, the gauze in my underwear looks pretty nasty!

Edited by ZuluHero at 20:54:42 26-02-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Feb 2013 21:42:28 14,684 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ZuluHero
    Great stuff. You may have wanted to pre empt the pain mind you. I did the same as you and didn't have any in the first instance...the next day I was in a fook load of pain. Hopefully you will be fine :-)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• ZuluHero 26 Feb 2013 21:54:32 4,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yikes, I really hope so too now!
  • S.J.Rogers 27 Feb 2013 16:47:24 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You will be fine Zulu... The pain is only very small, i had mine done on a Friday and i was cleaning the house on Sunday and back at work on the Monday.

I just got my 10 weeks results on Monday and i am now a full Jaffa..!

\o/
  • ZuluHero 27 Feb 2013 17:23:18 4,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks SJ. Today has been pretty good too. Gauze came off this morning, can't even see where the 2 cuts are (I had scalpel but no stitches). Been up and about and had a shower. Only a bit of tenderness now and then, otherwise I feel fairly normal. This might sound weird, but if I cup them in my hand close to my body when I walk I don't feel anything at all, but I guess that's just down to support. Had my wife in stitches a few times when she's caught me walking around like that though :)
  • Pinky_Floyd 6 Mar 2013 09:54:04 7,907 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When did you guys get your sperm counts tested afterwards?

I'm 3 months now and haven't heard a peep.
  • ZuluHero 6 Mar 2013 10:00:09 4,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well as i'm just a week out of having it done i'm not due for another 15 weeks :p

I'm feeling loads better though. Still alight tenderness either side where they cut the vas, they swelled up, but theyre going down now. Also getting that weird feeling in my lower abdomen like SJ mentioned earlier in the thread. Think i should be completely back to normal in another week though. Everyday is getting better and better.
  • Pinky_Floyd 6 Mar 2013 10:39:29 7,907 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had to phone the hosp, 16 weeks apparently so early April.

It takes 20 ejaculations to clear the remaining sperm. If so, I was probably clear at the end of week 1 :D
  • S.J.Rogers 6 Mar 2013 10:39:33 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was asked to wait 10 weeks and then drop a sample off at the local hospital for the testing.

I spent 20 mins walking around Poole hospital, looking for the Pathology Lab with a bottle of happy time muck in my pocket, trying to keep it warm and get it to them within the hour. Fun times..!

That was a Friday, i then had to call my GP on the Monday to get the results.
  • scott1987 6 Mar 2013 11:22:21 123 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    just a quick question as stupid as it sounds, was you able to store up some sperm incase you needed it later on?
  • ZuluHero 6 Mar 2013 12:30:28 4,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What for? Like a cocktail or something? Fill up a Tupperware box and bung it in the freezer ;)

On a serious note, when I went for the preliminary appointment they said that people who are thinking of storing just in case they might need it later on are not the best candidates for this procedure. Anything that might cause you to regret the decision or make you doubt about getting it done can make that person end up with psychological issues.

That, and reversals aren't cheap!

Edited by ZuluHero at 12:31:02 06-03-2013
  • Deleted user 8 March 2013 19:44:33
    Had an appointment with my doc this evening for the old snip.

He has approved me, should get a letter from the clinic next week some time.

A mate of mine and his missus were surprised by unexpected baby no. 3, they're just finishing off the extension to their house and he's had the snip now. Shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.

Tbh, one of my other motivators is : no more condoms !
  • Pinky_Floyd 8 Mar 2013 21:13:06 7,907 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Enjoy the wait! Hope yours is quicker than mine which took a year.

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 21:13:18 08-03-2013
  • Deleted user 9 March 2013 10:22:45
    Bloody hell Pinky ! Where in the country are you ?
  • Pinky_Floyd 12 Mar 2013 13:30:46 7,907 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Northern Ireland. Back O Beyond.
  • Nexus_6 12 Mar 2013 13:56:33 3,878 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    heh - saw this thread and the one directly below it was 'Future Releases -not Many'

chortle
  • Pinky_Floyd 22 Mar 2013 14:59:30 7,907 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Left first sample in yesterday. Hospital don't provide a 'room' to do the deed, so had to sneak off to the disabled bogs in work to crack one off. It was the most unromantic orgasm in history.

Sample safely stowed in a jar under my arm to keep it warm, I drove to the hospital to drop it off.

Can't wait until finally given the all clear, as the whole sample business is a right pain in the arse.
  • Salaman 22 Mar 2013 15:03:33 19,068 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Should've played dumb.

Hi I'm here to give a post snip sample, where do I go?
    Oh... you don't? Really? What do you expect me to do .. crack one off here in the waiting room?
    Oh well can I just use your staff room for a minute?
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 15:19:34
    Two weeks later ..... No letter from the docs .......
  • Tricky 22 Mar 2013 15:22:54 4,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There truly is nothing quite like the embarrassment of handing a receptionist a sample of your juices. Piss, shite and spunk: I've had to do all three at different points in the past, but for some reason spunk was the worst.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 15:24:35
    Give her a facial next time.
  • Pinky_Floyd 17 Apr 2013 12:46:36 7,907 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still haven't got the results back from the first sample left in 4 weeks ago, have an appointment for a second sample in early June.

I'm pretty certain the lack of results is down the fact that the NHS referred me to a private clinic who won't return my calls or release my results because I'm not paying in cold hard cash.

Phoned up today and asked for a telephone number or email I could complain to, they had neither, just a postal address.

Doesn't help that last tuesday I spoke to someone on the phone who had my results in front of her, but wouldn't tell me what they were as she wasn't 'medically trained'.

Everyone else having better luck with their samples/results?
  • ZuluHero 17 Apr 2013 13:26:03 4,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nope still 2 months away! I'm pretty much back to normal. I do get the occasional throb from the left hand side though. Nothing too bad really.

I'm pretty much sure I'm sterile now - they say 20 ejaculations to clear - and i'm way past that now! (/not so stealthy stealth post)

Can't risk the liberating freedom just yet though, so ill be a 'good boy' for another 2 months.
  • Pinky_Floyd 29 Apr 2013 23:42:11 7,907 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    First test results are in.  Not a single swimmer found.  Pretty good!  Have another test in June but kind of thinking what's the point. 
  • Pinky_Floyd 12 Jun 2013 00:36:35 7,907 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Did test 2 last week so just waiting for final results.  Please let me be sterile.
  • ZuluHero 19 Jul 2013 11:28:28 4,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Did test 2 last week so just waiting for final results.  Please let me be sterile.
    I just sent off my 2nd sample (yesterday) - still haven't heard a thing about the first - how did you get yours and how long did it take?
  • Pinky_Floyd 19 Jul 2013 11:30:52 7,907 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    I just sent off my 2nd sample (yesterday) - still haven't heard a thing about the first - how did you get yours and how long did it take?
    2nd sample was done on 6th June, haven't heard a peep since. Kingsbridge private clinic in Belfast really is 1,000 times worse than the NHS could ever be.
  • ZuluHero 19 Jul 2013 11:43:50 4,163 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahh thanks for the info - i guess ill just keep on waiting! I have a feeling i'm clear, but need confirmation!

Its been a long 5 months so far, guess another couple of weeks and we'll be in the clear. Hopefully ;)
  • Page

of 13 First / Last