Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    :( Mine next Friday..!
    Oh dear. I'm taking pics for a medical site, want to see them? :D
    I know i should not but i kinda do..!
    Well let me describe first then if you still want to see I shall discreetly crop and send so it shows the wound and bruising.

First up, I appear to be very lucky with only one small incision at the top and middle of the scrotum.  Its secured by a dissolvable stitch.  The wound itself is about the size of your smallest fingernail.

On day 2 the scrotum had turned black and.blue around the site of the wound.

I'm on day 4 and it doesn't appear to have worsened.

Pain wise, I have again been very lucky.  I followed doctors orders with bed rest for first couole of days.  Its more of a dull ache than anything.

A friend had a vasectomy last week and I'm assured he was unable to walk and was in severe pain. 

I'm up and dressed today but taking it easy and off work.

Support afterwards is crucial.  Buy some briefs if you don't have any and use them for sleeping at night as the weight of your nutsack hanging down stresses already sensitive areas.

I think how you will be afterwards depends on many things such as the technique used, the surgeon, whether or not you get an infection etc.

Happy to answer any concerns.
  • S.J.Rogers 30 Nov 2012 12:09:24 3,557 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks Pinky (And Black and Blue)...

I am a little worried (Who wouldn’t be) as I need to be back at work soon after as it’s the run up to the holidays and we are REALLY busy.

It’s going to be a good excuse for a 3 day weekend and will give me some time to just recline In my chair and finish Halo 4 and play Far Cry 3.

Does ice or heat help..?

And I am picking up some briefs today as I only have shorts…
  • Pinky_Floyd 30 Nov 2012 12:49:41 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:

I am a little worried (Who wouldn’t be) as I need to be back at work soon after as it’s the run up to the holidays and we are REALLY busy.

It’s going to be a good excuse for a 3 day weekend and will give me some time to just recline In my chair and finish Halo 4 and play Far Cry 3.

Does ice or heat help..?

Ok well depends what day you get done?  If you have swelling then a bag of frozen peas or ice would help.  Again, I am lucky and have very little swelling.

I wouldn't rush back to work too soon even if you feel good, just moving around can put stress on those sensitive areas and may prolong healing or worst case, complicate matters.

After day 2 have a nice warm soak in a bath, no chemicals.  Use a cotton ball to clean - no soap. If you are worried about infection you could always use a little savlon.

don't dress the wound unless you need to help it clot.  Its almost impossible to dress anyway but it heals so much faster without dressing.  Expect a little staining in the first 24 hours as clotting takes hold. 
  • Pinky_Floyd 10 Dec 2012 13:11:40 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:

Does ice or heat help..?

So how did this go chuck?

You've been very quiet since.
  • S.J.Rogers 10 Dec 2012 16:56:07 3,557 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :)

Back at work today, just been catching up on Fridays work.

A little sore and they are a little bigger than they should be but mostly ok.

I still have that odd feeling in my stomached, like I have been kicked in the nuts..! I hope that it goes soon; it’s starting to annoy me.

How are you doing..?
  • Pinky_Floyd 10 Dec 2012 17:22:27 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    :)

Back at work today, just been catching up on Fridays work.

A little sore and they are a little bigger than they should be but mostly ok.

I still have that odd feeling in my stomached, like I have been kicked in the nuts..! I hope that it goes soon; it’s starting to annoy me.

How are you doing..?
    Well it's 2 weeks for me tomorrow. The bruising has almost gone. The dissolving sutures haven't dissolved yet and they are irritating me.

I'm still a bit tender to be honest.

The absolute best thing that helps me is a bath with hot water, no chemicals and cleaning with cotton balls after a period of about 20 mins soaking.

Everything working as it should mind you ;)
  • S.J.Rogers 11 Dec 2012 08:41:08 3,557 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glad to hear it..!

I have been looking online as to the amount of time following the opperation that it takes before you can get back in action...

It seems to be different for everyone, Some say 24hrs and some say a week or two.

I am feeling better today, but still a bit tender and still have the dull pain in my tum... Should have taken this week off to relax and play CoD.
  • ZuluHero 11 Dec 2012 08:57:19 4,028 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    24 hours, yeah right! Quoted by people who haven't had it done no doubt, 2 weeks+ by the ones that have! :)
  • S.J.Rogers 11 Dec 2012 09:09:27 3,557 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :) Agreed..!

I just need to know as the GF is getting a little rapey..!
  • robthehermit 11 Dec 2012 09:15:44 3,986 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had it done on a Friday and was back at work on the Monday. Was a but achey but not so much so that it was worth staying at home with my partner of the time. Although to be honest, by that point in our relationship my scrote could have split open and dripped goo all down my legs and I would still have gone to work. Fun times.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• 4gate 11 Dec 2012 09:18:03 362 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    24 hours, yeah right! Quoted by people who haven't had it done no doubt, 2 weeks+ by the ones that have! :)
    Nope, had it done about 6 years ago, went back to work 2 days later but could easily have gone in the day after, bit sore but otherwise fine.
  • Pinky_Floyd 11 Dec 2012 13:10:32 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's the thing though, its different for everybody.

Depends on:

Surgeon
    Method
    Individual

That gives a wide range of experience. Also there are known side effects of severe long standing groin pain which can hit 10% of people, and the only fix is a reversal.

I consider myself lucky with mine. Wee bit sore, bit of bruising, bit uncomfortable.

I've read of others who have literally been off their feet for weeks due to swelling, infection and pain. Yikes!
  • ZuluHero 11 Dec 2012 16:33:17 4,028 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Also there are known side effects of severe long standing groin pain which can hit 10% of people, and the only fix is a reversal.
    One of the possible reasons is due to sperm production. If you..er... produce a lot then your body doesn't absorb it quick enough and it obviously has no where else to go.

I mentioned this to the DR and he's doing a sperm count for me (mostly to elate my fears and to re-enforce my manliness) ;)
  • Pinky_Floyd 11 Dec 2012 21:30:36 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Also there are known side effects of severe long standing groin pain which can hit 10% of people, and the only fix is a reversal.
    One of the possible reasons is due to sperm production. If you..er... produce a lot then your body doesn't absorb it quick enough and it obviously has no where else to go.

I mentioned this to the DR and he's doing a sperm count for me (mostly to elate my fears and to re-enforce my manliness) ;)
    With a username like ZuluHero I don't think anyone would question your manliness.
  • Psychotext 11 Dec 2012 21:35:22 53,855 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fair play, my brother helped me move into university (driving the van, carrying heavy boxes) a couple of days after his V (may have even been the day after). If it wasn't for this thread I would have never known just what a big thing that was for him to do. :)
  • ZuluHero 20 Dec 2012 02:10:59 4,028 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK i have my date back, 26th feb, so about 2 months time.

Is everything still ok with the people who had it done recently?
  • S.J.Rogers 20 Dec 2012 08:42:42 3,557 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well i had mine done 2 weeks ago tomorrow and i am super.

I was a little sore for a day or 2 but had it done on the Friday and was back at work on the Monday. I was ok for sex within 7 days and everything is calm and no pain at all...

Really impressed to be hones, was expecting a lot more pain and for it to take a lot longer to heal.

Just have to wait another 8 weeks before I can have the test to confirm success..!
  • Salaman 20 Dec 2012 08:47:33 18,878 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    Just have to wait another 8 weeks before I can have the wank to confirm success..!
    No need for euphemisms.
  • Pinky_Floyd 20 Dec 2012 09:27:24 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    OK i have my date back, 26th feb, so about 2 months time.

Is everything still ok with the people who had it done recently?
    Yeah all good.  My wound looks good though there seems to be a small lump just under the skin.  Weeps a little when soaking in a hot bath.

Oddly, I can feel with my fingers where the tubes have been cut and sealed. Freaks me out.

All good pain wise etc. 

Caveat:  Still am a wee bit tender and careful.

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 09:28:33 20-12-2012
  • ZuluHero 20 Dec 2012 10:21:23 4,028 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You don't know how relieved I am to hear you all say that! :)
  • Tricky 20 Dec 2012 13:04:55 4,362 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Four months on and I've tested negative, so all good on that front. I do have a slightly painful lump in there though - doc reckons it's either a sperm granuloma or a epydididid... er... cyst. Nothing to worry about but need to keep an eye on it and it only hurts if it gets squeezed.
  • ZuluHero 20 Feb 2013 15:40:51 4,028 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I'm up for my op on Tuesday (6 days time) getting a bit nervous now - but only when I think about it.

How are things with everyone - still OK? Just been reading the NHS page and some of the testimonials, which wasn't the best idea really...
  • TheBear 20 Feb 2013 15:48:49 4,503 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a fairly unusual story on this. I had one done about 5 years ago when I was happily married with two children and we were happy with two. Events then took an clearly unexpected turn. My wife, tragically and out of the blue, passed away.
    A few years on, I've remarried. Now I've discovered my vasectomy was unsuccesful and I'm going to be a Dad again, crazy, but true. I think I am in the 0.8% of people where this procesdure doesn't work, and given the cicumstances....bonkers really.

Edited by TheBear at 15:49:29 20-02-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Feb 2013 16:46:39 14,435 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TheBear
    Congratulations...I think/hope

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• TheBear 20 Feb 2013 16:57:36 4,503 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @TheBear
    Congratulations...I think/hope
    Cheers! Oh no, absolutely, I'm over the moon/stunned!
  • ZuluHero 20 Feb 2013 19:49:40 4,028 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thats awesome! Obviously youve been through some bad times, so not those. You know what i mean! :)
  • Page

of 12 First / Last