The Scottish Fitba Thread v3.0 Page 5

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

  • ResidentKnievel 23 Nov 2012 10:52:22 5,867 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    360 fanboys > Apple fanboys > Chelsea fans > Liverpool fans > Sony fanboys > Nintendo fanboys > Rangers fans > Tottenham/DC comics fanboys

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • Deleted user 23 November 2012 13:16:03
    Reckon the flood warnings following the recent Rangers decision can't be coincidental.

    Tears everywhere!
  • AaronTurner 23 Nov 2012 14:49:23 7,521 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A 37 year old man has been arrested by the national Football Coordination Unit in connection with alleged offensive online material relating to the Rangers Tax case.

    The man, who's from Glasgow, was arrested yesterday, Thursday 22 November at 1315 hours, after he attended by arrangement at Helen Street Police Office.


    I wonder if this is to do with the Rangers Tax Case blog leaks?
  • Weebleboy 23 Nov 2012 16:17:05 364 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds more like a bam's been a bamming about on FB/Twitter and posted some bam to be honest:, 'alleged offensive online material'
  • Mekanik 23 Nov 2012 16:17:47 3,329 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A Rangers insider or a Celtic fan.

    Anyways, Hibs vs Aberdeen tomorrow. Be nice if Aberdeen could win away to Hibs after the last few rubbish results and get back on a winning trail.

    Pa Broon "Cautiously optimistic". Way to encourage the boys....
  • AaronTurner 23 Nov 2012 16:48:29 7,521 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Suppose it could well be a rangers fan threatening someone or other.
  • Mekanik 24 Nov 2012 17:22:43 3,329 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Get in. Up to second and Celtic drop yet more points.

    Champions league hangover or think they don't take the other teams seriously enough with Rangers not around? Ie. The players are maybe a little too sure of ending up champions? (which they prob will mind you).
  • DaM 24 Nov 2012 17:28:32 12,600 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Football Coordination Unit? Can we maybe get them working with the Scotland team?
  • ResidentKnievel 24 Nov 2012 17:29:32 5,867 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe the other teams are getting better?

    The SPL's a lot more exciting to follow nowadays, hopefully Celtic can keep up their habit of dropping points (and get relegated).

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • dufftownallan 25 Nov 2012 05:54:43 4,518 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    And by the way I don't think Rangers fans are looking for sympathy. We're angry that there has been this assumption of guilt before a trial. I think the lack of remorse is very telling. I'm not asking for sympathy but I do think people need to take a good look at themselves and ask themselves if they are in fact a major part of Scotlands problem.
    you're requesting that people be "slightly apologetic" for the whole affair and i have attempted to explain why such an apology will not be forthcoming.

    I've already given a few examples of why "you" are a major part of scotlands problem, how about a few others that you may like to be "slightly apologetic" about:
    - fancy being slightly apologetic for all your sectarian shite?
    - how about for the insistence on flying the union jack and identifying yourselves as british instead of scottish?
    - how about apologising for spending 12m on tore andre fucking flo, a ridiculous sum at the time and even more baffling now.
    - please slightly apologise for the actions of rangers fans in machester at the 2008 uefa cup final, something that tarnished scotlands impeccable fans reputation.

    not all of these apply to all rangers fans (of course) but neither are all of us keen to stick the boot into rangers due to some kind of irrational hatred which is something you have been insisting on throughout your argument. once again, i'm trying to explain to you why this hatred may exist in the first place.
  • dufftownallan 25 Nov 2012 05:57:10 4,518 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Maybe the other teams are getting better?

    The SPL's a lot more exciting to follow nowadays, hopefully Celtic can keep up their habit of dropping points (and get relegated).
    well they've always wanted out of the spl...

    /dreams

    the table is looking great at the moment, a couple of wins seperate the top 9 and once the mighty arabs beat celtic in the remaining game in hand it'll look better!
  • AaronTurner 25 Nov 2012 08:38:23 7,521 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    And by the way I don't think Rangers fans are looking for sympathy. We're angry that there has been this assumption of guilt before a trial. I think the lack of remorse is very telling. I'm not asking for sympathy but I do think people need to take a good look at themselves and ask themselves if they are in fact a major part of Scotlands problem.
    you're requesting that people be "slightly apologetic" for the whole affair and i have attempted to explain why such an apology will not be forthcoming.

    I've already given a few examples of why "you" are a major part of scotlands problem, how about a few others that you may like to be "slightly apologetic" about:
    - fancy being slightly apologetic for all your sectarian shite?
    - how about for the insistence on flying the union jack and identifying yourselves as british instead of scottish?
    - how about apologising for spending 12m on tore andre fucking flo, a ridiculous sum at the time and even more baffling now.
    - please slightly apologise for the actions of rangers fans in machester at the 2008 uefa cup final, something that tarnished scotlands impeccable fans reputation.

    not all of these apply to all rangers fans (of course) but neither are all of us keen to stick the boot into rangers due to some kind of irrational hatred which is something you have been insisting on throughout your argument. once again, i'm trying to explain to you why this hatred may exist in the first place.
    You're confused, I'm not guilty of any of those actions and I abhor violence and discrimination. My argument is that the perceived notion of guilt and the visible relish of most non-Rangers fans was due to the ingrained hatred and bigotry we all know and love. There has been no calm or rational thought regarding this matter. Not only that, these people now try to obtain the moral high ground by talking about the amount of tax we've paid when their actions over the last few years have been highly immoral.


    And some of them are just bizarre anyway, why would someone apologise for being British? Or for a club making a poor football purchase? Can you apologise for all the years I had to see Sieb Diekstra on my screen please?

    Oh, and by the way, I think I'm right in saying you're a Dundee Utd supporter? Please apologise for your fans fighting with dinamo Moscow fans and tarnishing Scotland's reputation...

    I'm being sarcastic, you don't have to apologise on behalf of other people for something you wouldn't have done. But you probably should be remorseful or slightly apologetic if you have personally done something.
  • dufftownallan 25 Nov 2012 09:20:14 4,518 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    that's pretty much my point aaron, and it's been pointed out by others; you're so blinded in your defence of rangers and so morally outraged that no one is falling over backwards to say sorry that you've pretty much painted everyone here who hasn't conceded to your points as huge enemies of rangers fc and therefore must be castigated.

    a couple of pages back it looked as though you had personally decided for yourself that i detest rangers, i even asked who the post was directed at, i took deep offence at that.

    ok, i "hate" rangers, but i do not for one second hate any of their fans, i "hate" dundee fc as well as it happens, and celtic and i've outlined many reasons for "hating" the old firm, it's got more to do with the way both clubs have conducted themselves in relation to the good of scottish football as a whole.

    and i'll say it again, this is why no one is apologising to you, to rangers, to your fans. i'm not really saying it's correct, but i am presenting the many many reasons why most people aren't showing a great deal of sympathy about the rangers situation in light of the hrmc decision.

    besides, rangers have been cleared on a technicality, there's still a fair bit of wrongdoing that the club has been practising and just because other clubs aren't squeeky clean doesn't excuse rangers of anything, particularly as they have - in some part - been the architects of their own downfall.

    just to be clear, i was being facetious in my last post; there's a need here to separate club from fan, that goes for both sides of the argument.

    oh, and never, EVER talk ill of the mighty sieb again! :op
  • AaronTurner 25 Nov 2012 09:28:12 7,521 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Er, no they haven't been cleared on a technicality, they won the case.

    I don't expect anyone to show remorse which is a part of the problem. People should understand the implications of what they've been doing, and most posting here were guilty of castigating , unfortunately the threads are now gone though. My argument encompasses individual behaviours as well as the organisations. It's my view that if you were slandering rangers and their fans over the last few years for cheating etc then that is a sad indictment of our culture and the narrow mindedness of it all. If there was some remorse shown then maybe things could get better, but I can't see it.
  • dufftownallan 25 Nov 2012 10:07:23 4,518 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    there was still a lot of wrongdoing going on, at the very very least some fiddling, some unsporting behaviour if you like, rangers fc are not whiter than white here, an innocent party hasn't gone down.

    i really feel like you need to take your blue tinted glasses off for just a wee while here*. what implications are you talking about?

    rangers HAVE been cheating! the ebts, the ticketmaster affair, ok, so maybe TECHNICALLY speaking maybe not cheating per se but it is as close to as possible. it certainly hasn't been running it's affairs properly and has sought out advantages using underhanded schemes.



    *please, if nothing else, can you please just acknowledge that almost everyone bar rangers fans would dislike your club for the many variety of reasons i have given before?
  • AaronTurner 25 Nov 2012 10:15:00 7,521 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right, I'm just going to stop here because what you are writing is just insane.

    Edited by AaronTurner at 10:15:44 25-11-2012
  • dufftownallan 25 Nov 2012 11:36:20 4,518 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    good rebuttal
  • Armoured_Bear 25 Nov 2012 11:40:13 8,742 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Right, I'm just going to stop here because what you are writing is just insane.
    IRONOMAN is on a life support mcahine.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • LionheartDJH 25 Nov 2012 12:13:23 19,295 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone else read this? What are your thoughts?

    Am finding it quite interesting, though appreciate the author may have a slight bias/axe to grind and the assumption of guilt re. the big tax case has been tempered somewhat by the verdict earlier in the week.

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • AaronTurner 25 Nov 2012 12:35:57 7,521 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I haven't read it but the guy is a bigoted idiot. Some of the stuff he blogs is unbelievable. Presumably it reads very differently now with the outcome of the case, same with Rangers Tax blog, both were trumpeting the cheating and the guilt.

    Edited by AaronTurner at 12:38:25 25-11-2012
  • AaronTurner 25 Nov 2012 12:37:56 7,521 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have a read of some of his muck: www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/the-incubator/
  • Gaol 26 Nov 2012 23:09:38 2,262 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    I've already given a few examples of why "you" are a major part of scotlands problem, how about a few others that you may like to be "slightly apologetic" about:
    - how about for the insistence on flying the union jack and identifying yourselves as british
    I take it you want an apology from our armed forces too? Should everyone who doesn't vote SNP apologise?

    You comment on the sectarianism in our fanbase then give away your own intolerance in the next line. Priceless.

    Edited by Gaol at 23:15:36 26-11-2012
  • dufftownallan 27 Nov 2012 00:27:39 4,518 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ffs goal, have a look at my later comments, I was being purposely facetious in the context of my argument with aaron; giving examples why rangers were bad for SCOTLAND.

    fucking read things before commenting.
  • Gaol 27 Nov 2012 01:19:23 2,262 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    ffs goal, have a look at my later comments, I was being purposely facetious in the context of my argument with aaron; giving examples why rangers were bad for SCOTLAND.

    fucking read things before commenting.
    At least I can read forum handles.



    Edited by Gaol at 01:30:14 27-11-2012

    Edited by Gaol at 01:34:29 27-11-2012
  • dufftownallan 27 Nov 2012 02:48:11 4,518 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sorry gaol, result of my tablet auto-correcting, didn't spot it.

    still smarting from the cup final in '94 eh...?

    fuck, i remember when marco negri put five past us in 97 or 98, that hurt.
  • dufftownallan 1 Dec 2012 13:53:16 4,518 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    heartening to see a practically full dingwall today, presents a good argument for a pyramid system to finally be implemented in the scottish game.
  • Vortex808 1 Dec 2012 14:08:22 6,551 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nice bit of drama there in the last few minutes.

    Thought County had pinched it there!
  • dufftownallan 1 Dec 2012 14:52:06 4,518 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    aye! was some ending!
  • oldschoolsoviet 1 Dec 2012 15:39:43 5,413 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    heartening to see a practically full dingwall today, presents a good argument for a pyramid system to finally be implemented in the scottish game.
    Up my neck of the woods, ey ? Thankfully I headed to Perth, avoiding all the nonsense. Last time I was through there it was Celtic at County, and the 'pest control' in the Mallard incident. Classy.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Dec 2012 02:37:59 8,742 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/rangers-appoint-jim-traynor-as-pr-supremo.1354974822

    So at least he's officially their mouthpiece now.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Page

    of 6 First / Last

Log in or register to reply